Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

4 Reasons Your Online Marketing Is Not Working - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Reasons Your Online Marketing Is Not Working (372 Views)

4 Reasons The Rich Keeps Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / 4 Reasons The Rich Are Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / 4 Reasons You Would Remain Average Financially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Reasons Your Online Marketing Is Not Working by TRWConsult(m): 2:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
Some organisations are confused about reasons their online marketing campaign is not working. You can tell when you hear a statement like this:

‘What do you want to tell us? We have tried online marketing before and it’s not working. In fact, we have an IT team in-house, but we are not getting return on our investment (ROI), which is the reason we have chosen to abandon it.’

Are you familiar with this or is this what you are going through? As a digital marketing consultant, I have heard this over and over again but the good news is that individuals and organisations that have said this to me have had to swallow their words because digital marketing works.

I met with a prospect who complained, ‘I have tried direct marketing and it’s not working. I sent direct marketing mails to about one thousand prospects and only got two responses.’

I have got response from my direct marketing mails, which have led to major business projects.

So, what is the difference? I will discuss simple reasons your marketing campaign is not working and what you need to do:

1. No time to strategise: Some people or organisations do not strategise before they start their marketing campaign. They just throw themselves into it. You have to understand that marketing campaigns differ for different organisations; so you must understand what you do and the marketing campaign you need.

Strategy helps you to understand what is needed, the channels you need to deploy, the cost implication and you target audience.

The marketing campaign for an online store cannot be the same with the marketing campaign of an organisation that renders service to clients.

They both need different strategies. In as much as they both need a marketing campaign, they need to deploy different strategies. The online store might decide to spend huge amount of money to remain relevant, to be in the consciousness of people and to drive traffic to its site, while the service company can decide to have a low budget that is targeted in pushing a marketing campaign that depends on content.

For every campaign you choose to run, you can start by asking the following questions which will determine your strategy:

Who are my target audience
Where can I get them in clusters
How do I reach them
Which platforms are best to reach them
How much will it cost me
How do I get the message across the entire platform
Do I need to employ the help of Mavins – influencers for the campaign?
When you answer these questions, they help define the strategy you need for your campaign.

2. Get the right content: As regards the client who said he had sent about one thousand direct mails to clients and only got two responses, I told him that the success of his direct emailing was dependent on the quality of his content.

In the world of content development, a content developer or creator knows that you can say the same thing in five different ways and they will all generate different responses.

For instance if you want to sell a service like writing a book, to someone who has got to a place of self-actualisation, I mean the rich and wealthy in the society, you cannot just send a general message about writing a book. You need to develop an emotional content that will appeal to them. You can be sure of response to your mail against a general mail that wouldn’t have made any meaning to them.

If you discover that you have tried and it is not working, you should employ the services of a professional to help you send the right content to your audience.

3. Get the target audience: The right audience will definitely respond to the right content. It’s like someone who has been searching for the solution to a challenge seeing a solution presented before him or her, you can be sure of a response. What usually happens is that organisations get paid email directories and they send direct mail to these directories without knowing if they are their target audience.

What you need to do to solve this challenge is to grow an organic email list that requires what you have to offer. And if that is taking too long, you can employ the services of digital experts to help you out. This is the reason we are in business, TRW Consult gives you time and option to do more. Let us help you reach your target audience.

4. Your IT staff lack the skills: Online marketing campaign just like offline marketing campaign requires skilled personnel. Today, many claim to be marketing experts; they get employed based on their claims, only for employers to discover in the long run that they do not have the required skills.

If you are a business owner, you can find out if your IT staffs are not skilled – they will keep getting the same result with little or no returns on the amount spent for campaign

For organisations that face this kind of challenge, they can send their IT department for training to acquire the required skills to market online and generate massive leads that will lead to sales.

We can help you make your marketing work. At TRW Consult, we can make your marketing highly effective, helping you to spread the message of your business and making your products and services prominent on the online space.

http://trwconsult.com/4-reasons-your-online-marketing-is-not-working/

(1) (Reply)

Needmyservice / H / Enhance Your Skills With 50% Discount On Our PMP&HSE Training This Month Of May.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.