Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,366 members, 7,947,603 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:22 AM

What Is The Reason For This? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Is The Reason For This? (1138 Views)

What's The Reason For Cutting Cakes During Birthday ? (pics) / This Is The Reason Why You Need To Create A Wedding Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Reason For This? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
I honestly don't know when Nigeria will move forward and stop gender discrimination!
Yesterday, I went for a modeling open call and I didn't eat yesterday morning and the night before yesterday cos I didn't want my stomach to swell out, so I was pretty famished after the open call ended.
I usually don't eat outsyd(mama put), I don't like it. I only eat in food I cooked or food cooked in my house.. if at all I have to outsyd, then I eat in all these big restaurant or any clean restaurant.

but this time, I was so hungry that I had to find a restaurant and quench my hunger or I wud faint.
so I looked for a good restaurant nearby, buh I couldn't find one, only a mama put was around. I had no choice but to eat there.
I went under the canopy only to find the whole place occupied by men embarassed only the lady selling the food was the only female there... Immediately I entered and went to buy the food, all eyes turned to me like I'm a thief or something.. nawa o.
and its not the kind of stare guys give ladies with makeup and sexy dressing, no. Cos no makeup was on my face, not even lip gloss or powder or eye pencil, and my dressing was far from sexy, I looked like a deeper life city village girl.
I took my food and sat down, they were still staring like Im not supposed to eat food.
I became so uncomfortable that I had to call my smartphone with my Nokia torch light and pretend I'm answering a call. I told the 'person' i was calling to wait for me at an office, that I'm on my way now.
I told the woman to put my food in take away plate. She did that and I disappeared from the place.
I told my brother about my experience and he said men see women who come to mama puts to eat as lazy women. Women are expected to be in the kitchen cooking.

This is not fair at all. So because we are women, we should never eat outside or what?
Why is this so?
Share your views plsss.
Cc lalasticlala farano ishilove
Re: What Is The Reason For This? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
maybe you went to a very local area of mama put.
i see no biggie seeing a lady eat out. infact i love seeing them sef.
not everyone gat time for cooking.
Re: What Is The Reason For This? by franugo(m): 6:42am On Apr 13, 2016
n how exactly did ur brother figure out dt u were being stared at because u didn't cook at home? shey him dey d mama put with u abi him na one of d usual 'starers'
Re: What Is The Reason For This? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 13, 2016
franugo:
n how exactly did ur brother figure out dt u were being stared at because u didn't cook at home? shey him dey d mama put with u abi him na one of d usual 'starers'
dunno. I guess he's a guy too so maybe he knows..
Re: What Is The Reason For This? by franugo(m): 9:30am On Apr 13, 2016
EroticAngelina:

dunno. I guess he's a guy too so maybe he knows..

well am a guy n i don't know, anyho, each to his own i guess. .
. i tot u couldn't be easily intimidated, why u no ask d men 'shoro niyen'??cheesy
Re: What Is The Reason For This? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
franugo:

well am a guy n i don't know, anyho, each to his own i guess. .
. i tot u couldn't be easily intimidated, why u no ask d men 'shoro niyen'??cheesy
lol I no get strength to shori niyen anybody
Re: What Is The Reason For This? by gqboyy(m): 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
it happens to guys also when they find themselves in an area occupied by females
Re: What Is The Reason For This? by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 23, 2016
tedassie, pls stop sending me pm
Re: What Is The Reason For This? by hausadreturn(m): 7:48pm On May 20, 2016
actually, it was your thoughts that was uncomfortable.
u were staring @ them and they were staring @ u. What your brother said was his opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Order online Cakes, Events Delicacy! affordable prices / Classy And Affordable Event Decoration / I Need Cooling Van

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.