Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,400 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:39 PM

Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? (732 Views)

Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation / Man Sleeping While INEC Chairman Was Adressing The Nation / Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by hollandis(f): 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2009
On friday, Akinyuli expressed her relief at Yusuf's death.During the interview she said yusuf' demise was positive for Nigeria.In quotes she posited that ''What is important is that he (Yusuf) has been taken out of the way,to stop him using people for mayhem.
AKINYULI ALSO PRAISED SECURITY FORCES FOR STOPPING VIOLENCE

Human right campaigners have nsisted that yusuf was executed extra judicially.

Was she right to have made those statements or are the staements a dent on her image has a vibrant and articulate one?
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by OPCman: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2009
On friday, Akinyuli expressed her relief at Yusuf's death.During the interview she said yusuf' demise was positive for Nigeria.In quotes she posited that ''What is important is that he (Yusuf) has been taken out of the way,to stop him using people for mayhem.

This shows the type of leaders we have in Nigeria. Majority of them hasn't got human feelings for their fellow Nigerians. How can someone support or give praise to that ugly event that happened in Nigeria when we are not at war with ourselves, Very very shameful!
I am NOT in anyway or by any means supporting 'Yusuf' and his followers act of terror but we should be diplomatic in our condemnation of any atrocities being committed by fellow Nigerians. Every so called Leaders in Nigeria from the President and those serving under this man are stupid. Till date, the president has not come out to brief Nigerians on how hundreds of Nigerians lost their lives; with exception of what we heard or read from the media NO leader has come out to tell us (Nigerians) and the world why these people were killed,

And this woman (Akinyuli, who will serve anybody in government and in any position as long as the money right?) should be very careful in the way she open her mouth and talk 'gabu gbau' (vulgarly) as if she is still incharge of NAFDAC (or as if Nigeria belongs to her and her cohorts) as she may put herself in trouble.

She needs to realise that whatever she says now represent Nigerians /Nigeria nation. She should becareful because:
1 she is not a muslim
2. she is not a northerners
and whatever she says will definately be intepreted along this line in the near future.
SO, BE WARNED!
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by asha80(m): 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2009
Make Akunyili go siddon for gutter!
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by noblegas2(m): 8:57pm On Aug 02, 2009
i watched her comments one BBC & was very bad, she spoke 2 much & was even talkin out of context, even to d point of mentioning OSAMA BIN LADEN`S name,
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by OPCman: 9:59pm On Aug 02, 2009
i watched her comments one BBC & was very bad, she spoke 2 much & was even talkin out of context, even to d point of mentioning OSAMA BIN LADEN`S name,

What do you expect, when everything in Nigeria is by who you are and where you come from and not by merit, attitude and aptitude. Pharmacist- or what is her profession- being put incharge of communication? shocked

Imagine that Yaradua, this man hasn't got utter charisma to rule a nation like Nigeria but all because he is Hausa and from a particular family everybody in Nigeria stupidly refused to come out and tell him to resign on ill health. The man's sickness is making everybody in the country sick, yet we can't tell him to go and give someone who can do better a chance as if to say Nigeria belongs to him and his cohorts. cry

From the day that woman accepted to be Information Minister I knew she would fumble a lot because communication is not who you are or how educated you are- you have to have what it takes to be a good communicator- which the woman hasn't got. She should have been left incharge NAFDAC where she is good in chasing criminals.
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by noblegas2(m): 10:06pm On Aug 02, 2009
OPCman:

What do you expect, when everything in Nigeria is by who you are and where you come from and not by merit, attitude and aptitude. Pharmacist- or what is her profession- being put incharge of communication? shocked

Imagine that Yaradua, this man hasn't got utter charisma to rule a nation like Nigeria but all because he is Hausa and from a particular family everybody in Nigeria stupidly refused to come out and tell him to resign on ill health. The man's sickness is making everybody in the country sick, yet we can't tell him to go and give someone who can do better a chance as if to say Nigeria belongs to him and his cohorts. cry

From the day that woman accepted to be Information Minister I knew she would fumble a lot because communication is not who you are or how educated you are- you have to have what it takes to be a good communicator- which the woman hasn't got. She should have been left incharge NAFDAC where she is good in chasing criminals.

mhen, am really tocuhed by ur coments, may God help us in dis country & give us a CAPABLE LEADER
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by no21: 11:17pm On Aug 02, 2009
another stupid stqtement from a stupid leader/

anyway i have always known that nigeria will continue to fail

how can we rise when we appoint names instead of brains to head us?

imagine mrs rebrander s statement about a murder

Yusuf would have mentioned names , so they silenced him while he was under custody
NIGERIA my arse
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by mbulela: 12:00am On Aug 03, 2009
i wish to repeat a statement i have repeated on different sites on the issue of Dora Akunyili.
'this is what you get when you mix ignorance and passion. A very potent but destructive potion'.
This woman is ignorant but passionate.She will talk until she gets into irreversible trouble.
Her best bet is to walk away while she still has a bit of honour left.
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by invisible2(m): 12:25am On Aug 03, 2009
hollandis:

Human right campaigners have nsisted that yusuf was executed extra judicially.

Was she right to have made those statements or are the staements a dent on her image has a vibrant and articulate one?

sometimes we should get rid of criminals extra judically, it is wrong but what is right? This man murdered people and should die to quell that type of crime, killing him is light compared to him escaping/ bribing his way through security and hurting more people.
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by bawomolo(m): 12:41am On Aug 03, 2009
is an information minister expected to criticize her Government?
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by hollandis(f): 7:20am On Aug 03, 2009
invisible!:

sometimes we should get rid of criminals extra judically, it is wrong but what is right? This man murdered people and should die to quell that type of crime, killing him is light compared to him escaping/ bribing his way through security and hurting more people.

Your view is uncivilzed, undemocratic, barbaric,inhuman,pariochal,myopic and a remniscent of the oligocene era ,when man first separated from the most advanced form of pirates.
I frown at and condemn in all it entirety the way and manner the police acted.Akinyuli's staement worsened the whole issue.Would you know that yusuf was captured by the army and handed over to the police?He was killed in police custody.
The truth, is that animalistic instinct is still inherent in the police,hence the occassional reversion to barbarism
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by texazzpete(m): 7:39am On Aug 03, 2009
Let's look at this another way.
Yusuf advocated Sharia Justice. And in Sharia law the penalty for murder is death. Yusuf and his followers killed people. And the top islamic scholars in Nigeria claim that the guy's teachings are un-islamic. Ergo, he should then have been tried by a Shariah court and convicted and executed for murder.

Put yourself in the shoes of the police. You capture someone who's directly responsible for the deaths of tens of Police and Soldiers, probably some friends and colleagues of the arresting soldiers. Is there any incentive left to coddle the fellow?
I'm not saying they shoulda killed him. But i understand!
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 03, 2009
Ergo, he should then have been tried by a Shariah court and convicted and executed for murder.

therein lies the issue - they summarily executed the guy -  judge jury & executioner

Put yourself in the shoes of the police

we both know that nigerian police regularly kill people for far more insignificant infarctions.
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by hollandis(f): 8:25am On Aug 03, 2009
texazzpete:

Let's look at this another way.
Yusuf advocated Sharia Justice. And in Sharia law the penalty for murder is death. Yusuf and his followers killed people. And the top islamic scholars in Nigeria claim that the guy's teachings are un-islamic. Ergo, he should then have been tried by a Shariah court and convicted and executed for murder.

Put yourself in the shoes of the police. You capture someone who's directly responsible for the deaths of tens of Police and Soldiers, probably some friends and colleagues of the arresting soldiers. Is there any incentive left to coddle the fellow?
I'm not saying they shoulda killed him. But i understand!

Responsible for whose death?Do you know what the principle of natural justice.It says and I quote ''you cannot afford to destroy a man by stigmatising him with allegatory offences,except proven otherwise in a court''
Ogboru was an alleged financier of the civil war,this war caused death ,mayhem,arson on the innocent citizenry.Based on you comments, is there any essence killing him because he was overtly or overtly reponsible for many deaths.
Saddam hussein was captured but before he was sentenced to the hang man's noose ,the American govt thought it wise to take him through the four walls of a court.
If kept alive he (yusuf) could have stirred the hornet nest,he could have ignited a political quagmire.
Now how would his alleged sponsors and financier be exposed?
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by samparian(m): 8:48am On Aug 03, 2009
bawomolo:

is an information minister expected to criticize her Government?

Thanks for the question. Every one done do eye like they no see am.

The Job of the information minister is to always defend your country and try to make sense out of any wrong they do.
She's way better than Frank Nweke Jnr and his predicessor who were known for insulting journalists instead of answering questions. grin
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by invisible2(m): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2009
hollandis:

Your view is uncivilzed, undemocratic, barbaric,inhuman,pariochal,myopic and a remniscent of the oligocene era ,when man first separated from the most advanced form of pirates.
I frown at and condemn in all it entirety the way and manner the police acted.Akinyuli's staement worsened the whole issue.Would you know that yusuf was captured by the army and handed over to the police?He was killed in police custody.
The truth, is that animalistic instinct is still inherent in the police,hence the occassional reversion to barbarism

My views may be barbaric in this incident, but its because of the type of offence these people comitted, its also very barbaric and uncalled for. Hard situations calls for harder punishments, even breaking a few rules to make sure a problem is solved, ther should be no justification for supporting a murderer to continue to breath the air of life that he has denied hundreds of innocent people. The police acted badly, but so did the guy.

hollandis:

Responsible for whose death?Do you know what the principle of natural justice.It says and I quote ''you cannot afford to destroy a man by stigmatising him with allegatory offences,except proven otherwise in a court''
Ogboru was an alleged financier of the civil war,this war caused death ,mayhem,arson on the innocent citizenry.Based on you comments, is there any essence killing him because he was overtly or overtly reponsible for many deaths.
Saddam hussein was captured but before he was sentenced to the hang man's noose ,the American govt thought it wise to take him through the four walls of a court.
If kept alive he (yusuf) could have stirred the hornet nest,he could have ignited a political quagmire.
Now how would his alleged sponsors and financier be exposed?

Are you by any means doubting that he is directly responsible for the death of those murdered? Do we need a court to find this man guilty for what we all know he did? In places where the justice system is anything but transparent, this trial would have gone on for ages and his followers will see him as a symbol and and more blood will be shed.
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by biola44: 9:30am On Aug 03, 2009
that is a disgrace, i'm sure she as a political ambition! angry
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by nex(m): 9:57am On Aug 03, 2009
Just like Frank Nweke cannot be compared to Dora in the field of Pharmacy, so she is not his mate in International Affairs and Diplomacy.

The job of the information minister is to make the Country sound good. But Dora Akunyili just admitted that this country has committee a very devious crime.

She has just told the whole world that Yar'Adua is guilty of the crimes are same as Idi Amin's. How does this help the government or the nation.
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by MrCrackles(m): 10:01am On Aug 03, 2009
I need to find that piece of interview but for now - i reserve my comments! cheesy
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by hollandis(f): 10:13am On Aug 03, 2009
invisible!:

My views may be barbaric in this incident, but its because of the type of offence these people comitted, its also very barbaric and uncalled for. Hard situations calls for harder punishments, even breaking a few rules to make sure a problem is solved, ther should be no justification for supporting a murderer to continue to breath the air of life that he has denied hundreds of innocent people. The police acted badly, but so did the guy.

Are you by any means doubting that he is directly responsible for the death of those murdered? Do we need a court to find this man guilty for what we all know he did? In places where the justice system is anything but transparent, this trial would have gone on for ages and his followers will see him as a symbol and and more blood will be shed.

I am neither exonerating him nor incarcerating him.ALL I AM SAYING IS ,'HE IS ENTITLED TO A FAIR HEARING'.How can you be cheering in ecstasy that an unarmed man is killed?
In incident after incident , the sad picture of a country under siege because of the heartless,desperate and selfish motivated nature of the police FG etc ,the citizenry is always helpless in the state of relentless onslaught as it is repeated with disguisting montony.The FG,POLICE,ARMY should be out to redeem their image ,they are potraying the country in bad light.
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by invisible2(m): 2:25pm On Aug 03, 2009
hollandis:

I am neither exonerating him nor incarcerating him.ALL I AM SAYING IS ,'HE IS ENTITLED TO A FAIR HEARING'.How can you be cheering in ecstasy that an unarmed man is killed?
In incident after incident , the sad picture of a country under siege because of the heartless,desperate and selfish motivated nature of the police FG etc ,the citizenry is always helpless in the state of relentless onslaught as it is repeated with disguisting montony.The FG,POLICE,ARMY should be out to redeem their image ,they are potraying the country in bad light.

God forbid bad thing, supposing an armed robber comes into your house and shoots a member of your family and you come out with a gun and overpowers the killer, will you want to call the police and hand the robber over to them or shoot the robber to avoid more danger to your family?

Its easy to say we should let the man live to face justice because its not our family member that is killed in the violence.
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by wirinet(m): 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2009
I am appalled when Nigerians condemns human right abuses when it affects them directly or appeals to their emotions but condone it when it is somebody else. How can someone defend the cold blooded murder of another person by the Nigerian police. Have any one given it a thought that the so called boko haram leader, Yusuf could be innocent. Could it be possible that the authorities arrested him based on faulty intelligence. After all Saddam Hussein was disposed and Iraq destroyed bases on faulty intelligence by the most "intelligent" agency in the world. Had anyone determined the level of culpability of the man.
How do they convince us that the murder was not politically motivated.

I believe every man should have his day in court.
Re: Akinyuli On Bbc Friday- Has She Rebranded Or Debranded The Nation? by nex(m): 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2009
Somebody is mentioning armed robbers here. Do you know you're within the law if an unarmed man breaks into your house in the NIGHT to attack you and you succeed in killing him? But even when an armed man kills 7 people then runs out of bullets and surrenders to the police, it is unlawful for them to kill him. Their duty is to apprehend him and make sure he appears in court. Nothing more.

What we're talking about here is the law. If the law enforcement agents cannot obey the law, then are you safe?!

(1) (Reply)

Worldwide Slump Makes Nigeria's Online Scammers Work That Much Harder / Is Politics A Profession / Momoh Kubanji Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.