Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,795 members, 7,875,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget (19547 Views)

Atiku: Tsunami May Hit APC In Senate, Reps / Constitutional Amendment: See The Nine Key Areas Senate, House Of Reps Disagree. / Senators Disagree On Nationality Of Killer Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Noblebrown7(m): 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
If thy like..
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by adebanjotunde83(m): 7:25pm On Apr 13, 2016
cashreport:
[size=20pt]

Everything about this APC is bad luck

From one argument to the other

We need serious prayers

Everything about them is fight

Sad

[/size]
I know only you and your family will experience all ur view here. You people don't think deeply before typing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by iwillexposeu: 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2016
Federal ministry of disagreement undecided
SirExperience:
BREAKING: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 Budget

THE ongoing controversy over the 2016 Budget deepened on Wednesday as the National Assembly became divided over it.

The House of Representatives and the Senate took opposing positions over the budget, which is yet to be assented to by President Muhammadu Buhari.

While the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, said the  Green Chamber will re-examine‎‎ the budget in view of the prevailing circumstances in Nigeria, the Senate said it will not reopen discussions on the issue with the Presidency.

‎The Senate, through his spokesman, Senator Abdullahi Sabi, said the Red Chamber is done with the 2016 budget and if there is anything missing in the budget, the Executive should come through by way of supplementary budget.

Sabi said: “What we issued yesterday remains our position.

“Today, all we did was confirm the true picture of these situation.

“I had to verify my facts and speak on those facts.

“I think we have made that clear.

“Yes we have passed the budget, Nigerians are asking what next?

“What is important is for the budget to be signed.

“The constitution has taken note of these kind of omissions of allocations.

“We issued that statement to clarify the situation and not to confront any authotity.

“We are a democratic institution and whatever we do, we remain guided by the ground norm of the constitution.

“Like we said, the Lagos-Calabar rail project was not included in the budget and does not in any way undermine the fact that it is an important project for this nation to embark on.

“The National Assembly is open if the executive brings a supplemantary appropriation.

“We are ready and willing to consider such.”

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/breaking-news-senate-reps-disagree-on-2016-budget/
federal ministry of desagrement

1 Like

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by 1Dray(m): 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2016
iblawi:

I think you south east people have serious problem.

You're sick... They have serious problem yet you hell bent in making sure they don't leave. Now, tell me who have serious problem?

2 Likes

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by olajide8(m): 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
maupe:
I don't think there is much of a disagreement. The NASS should just take a united front and go along with the Senate's decision. The Executive should pass the budget into effect, and should include in a supplementary budget, anything it feels is important to its developmental projects. What it should not do, is create confusion and chaos in the legislature. This would be totally unforgivable, and would in the future, come around to bite them.

Pass a budget that contains keke napep and grinding machines or pass a budget proposed by the national assembly? Or is it running two budgets like GEJ and implementing the budget 15%- breeding the same corruption again? while they use their letterheadings to queue for contracts to supply the useless keke?

3 Likes

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by watchindelta(m): 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
notin kuku dey pain d cow citizens so make who na do as who na like! hissss
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Abduljohn(m): 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2016
The kind of pride being displayed by this senate no get part 2 i dont knw y its difficult for them to amend all because they want to be blamed. Its known that budget defense is always an avenue to flex muscle by the senate after now their relevance ll be limited to bills.

1 Like

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Gap2020(m): 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2016
Nigeria is the only place in the word which Impossible is refers as Possible and Possible is refers as Impossible. Is there any big issues in re- visiting or open the budget, ad said by the Speaker.

1 Like

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by ayo4dworld(m): 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
Lord have mercy on Nigeria and Nigerians, save us from corrupt leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Etizz: 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
These guys are just using our lives to play Jogba.....

Not their fault....
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Deen77: 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
enlightenedmind:
NASS NASS, I have said this so many times. Scrap NASS. We must get a vioce in this community. They cannot keep oppressing us like this. They are useless. Scrap NASS

Only d Senate, to cut costs oil boom is over. Rep can handle Senate job. Democracy is too expensive to run.
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by LMFashions: 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
Kanu was right when he called Nigeria a zoo

2 Likes

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Deen77: 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
maupe:
I don't think there is much of a disagreement. The NASS should just take a united front and go along with the Senate's decision. The Executive should pass the budget into effect, and should include in a supplementary budget, anything it feels is important to its developmental projects. What it should not do, is create confusion and chaos in the legislature. This would be totally unforgivable, and would in the future, come around to bite them.

Pass what? Why can they 're-visit.

2 Likes

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by 1009ja: 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
Who are our senators? Bunch of ex-state looters. They are now trying to weaken our laws so that they can continue to parade themselves free of prosecution. You cannot steal our future away and not want us to cry about your acts.
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by dam4wummy(m): 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2016
make una sha tell Amosun make he pay salary oooooo

1 Like

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by focus7: 7:56pm On Apr 13, 2016
seliaju:
No be them only. Buhari, Ameachi and many other Nigerians don disagree. Its an inconclusive budget
Yes Buhari and Amaechi deserves all the blames for the obvious hate. SE/SS does not need any project from the duo.
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by elitejosef: 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2016
1009ja:
Who are our senators? Bunch of ex-state looters. They are now trying to weaken our laws so that they can continue to parade themselves free of prosecution. You cannot steal our future away and not want us to cry about your acts.
Wailer's must wail
Dooooooooooo
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Wallade(m): 8:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
henrysam:
This Dogara of a man does not have balls
They don shakara am. He don dey gel.
Hmmm, is this how this people will rule us for 4 years
We shoud be ready for serious surprises

It is not about balls, it is about the progress of the nation. If you do a job and some people or some one feel it is incomplete or not correct, you should be willing to look at it again.

1 Like

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by focus7: 8:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
iblawi:

You ask for N60 and you are given N92 and you said nothing is wrong.

HIV/AIDS Drugs and polio vaccine were converted to ambulance buses and drilling of boreholes which the senators have collected money for under their constituencies. And you still feel nothing is wrong.

80 new road projects that have never been studied should just pass.

Abuja - kaduna rail that will be completed this year how will they pay the contractors when your senators have slashed it by 8.7 billion.

guy you get time, many of his type don't read, when they read they can't comprehend, they just come up to post their ignorance. I bet with all this explanations you made he still need his mum or ant to explain to him.

3 Likes

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by jamjos(m): 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2016
if dose fools can not do d needful, d military should take over......... even if d budget is not sign till next year, they can't feel what d poor masses are feeling right now. They re hypocritical in nature fighting for dere pucket.
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by enlightenedmind: 8:20pm On Apr 13, 2016
Deen77:

Only d Senate, to cut costs oil boom is over. Rep can handle Senate job. Democracy is too expensive to run.

But how do we demand this? I think we need to form a youth group and work with sahara reporters for media? What do u think?
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Otigba1: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
We all need continous improvement for life to be meaningful. Can we look back and see how previous presidents performed in the timing of presenting and signing budgets into law. 2012 was signed in August.2012. 2013 was signed May 24. 2013 while 2014 was presented to the senate 8th March 2013. You can then guess when it was approved.
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by faaiz4ever(m): 9:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
Please let's start working on a platform to have a powerful working voice, this shit by the leaders is just enough, this needs to stop ASAP.
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Skseries: 9:38pm On Apr 13, 2016
maupe:
if it was just that lagos calabar rail was remove then no wahala, a supplementary budget will work, bt the fact now is that, money where remove from important place are allocated for town halls. Even if we say no wahala, money where also removed from important place and allocated for medical van(so i hrd) which health ministry didnt request for, is funny o they said they remove money and added to lagos kano rail, did the executive say the money that was primarily allocated wasnt enuf? If PMB signed this stuff, it totaly wont be their plan. We gree say the budget was padded, if NASs wanted to be transparent, they for upload the origan padded budget and upload the new one, showing all the padding they remove and now they will av won this fite. is just funny the buhari that the south says hate them is the one that wont sign a budget bcus a project for their region (south)has been removed bt the so called nass they are defending, if buhari signs the budget who looses, north or south?

1 Like

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by cashreport: 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2016
[size=15pt]

The sadness currently in the country can make a man just go crazy

At a point me and my friends stop visiting Nairaland or reading newspapers

No fuel

No light

Transport tripled from 50 to 150naira

Lots of angry people moving around

No joy

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by totorimi: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
This is April and we are 2016 budget, nothing to report here they a just a bunch of disappointment.
Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
iblawi:

HIV/AIDS Drugs and polio vaccine were converted to ambulance buses and drilling of boreholes which the senators have collected money for under their constituencies. And you still feel nothing is wrong.

Abuja - kaduna rail that will be completed this year how will they pay the contractors when your senators have slashed it by 8.7 billion.

at least we don't rape little children like you people do.

1 Like

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Okpueze1(m): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2016
iblawi:

Na hydrogen thunder go fire you if you call south east again. Senate is now south east? Zombie

1 Like

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by olutunde12(m): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2016
eyesofgod:

Na wa o!
You didn't make sense in a similar thread before this and you are not making any sense here either?

Which means he hadnt made the kind of sense you want. He or she had made his or her own point. I think it is important to make your own rather than judging some one else's point of view.

2 Likes

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by olutunde12(m): 9:57pm On Apr 13, 2016
adebanjotunde83:
I know only you and your family will experience all ur view here. You people don't think deeply before typing.

Why dont you point out what is wrong here instead of cursing. apc goon?

2 Likes

Re: Senate, Reps Disagree On 2016 budget by Okpueze1(m): 10:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
iblawi:

Na hydrogen thunder go fire you if you call south east again. Senate is south east? Zombie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Celebrates His 53rd Birthday At SDA Hospital & Orphanage / 28 Killed In Fresh Southern Kaduna Attack / Buhari Congratulates Tinubu At 71

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.