Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,005 members, 7,939,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:59 PM

Problem With Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Problem With Nigeria (376 Views)

David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll / Amaechi Reveals Cause Of His Problem With Goodluck Jonathan, Wife / Jonathan: "Amaechi Have Problem With Patience My Wife Not Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Nigeria by Ononachi(m): 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
Some time last year, I met one Alhaji who is into warehousing. He took me to one warehouse and pointed at the goods there and said: "my friend, that is the stoves that Goodluck Jonathan proposed to share to widows." I was bemused!

Goodluck before he lost the presidential election, promised to give widows a stove each. A man was contracted to buy the stoves and he imported seven 40ft containers for sample. The contractor, however must have been bewitched by one powerful devil minion for him to have bought coal-stoves instead of kerosene or electric stoves. Who uses coal-stove in Nigeria?

to cut the story short, the contract was terminated immediately Jonathan left office. The money spent on this was lost totally because the contractor couldn't sell the stoves as government did not continue with the project.

This is the way most projects in Nigeria end up uncompleted. A president will come up with a good project, but the day he leaves office is the day that project will die. Obasanjo invested billions in the power project, but Yar'adua came and suspended the project which would have eased the upheaval in the power sector if it was completed. We have a long way to. and if we continue this way, our journey will continue to stretch.
Re: Problem With Nigeria by toprealman: 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
why import 7 40ft containers for SAMPLE? Who does that sort of thing?
Re: Problem With Nigeria by Ononachi(m): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2016
I relayed what my friend told me. If I had seen the contractor, I would have asked him several bothering questions.

(1) (Reply)

#zaria Massacre, #bringbackourgirls Put Nigeria On Global Digital Trends / March 19 Rerun : Referendum Where Rivers People Endorsed Our Leadership - Wike / I Didn't Plan To Disrupt My Ongoing Trial At CCT- Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.