Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,799 members, 7,886,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:20 PM

What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? (1046 Views)

Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan / The Foreigner: Latest Jackie Chan Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
Jackie Chan has been a staple of kung fu for roughly 40 years now. Born in Hong Kong in 1954, Jackie was one of the Seven Little Fortunes along with Sammo Hung, Yuen Biao, Corey Yuen, Yuen Wah, Yuen Tak and Yuen Miu. He was a pupil of Yu Jim-Yuen, and in 1962 he made his film debut as a child in Big and Little Wong Tin Bar .
By the early 1970s, Jackie had his foot in the door of martial arts cinema, but it wasn't until 1978's Snake in the Eagle's Shadow and Drunken Master that Jackie really broke through. Clearly, Jackie was flourishing working with Yuen Woo Ping.
Though he made his action director debut in 1973, it wasn't until 1979 that Jackie took over directing duties, and in 1980 he broke out with the hit The Young Master .
By the mid-1980s, Jackie was the biggest name in action films in Asia, doing films such as Project A , Police Story, Armour of God , and a ton of others.
By the 1990s, Jackie has made it to the U.S. with films such as First Strike ,
Rumble in the Bronx, Who Am I? , and others. However, it was 1998's Rush Hour that really made Jackie a household name in the states.
Here are some of Jackie's most well-known and loved films:
The Cub Tiger from Kwangtung
Shaolin Wooden Men
Half a Loaf of Kung Fu
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow
Drunken Master
Spiritual Kung Fu
The Fearless Hyena
The Young Master
Winners and Sinner
Project A
Wheels on Meals
Police Story
My Lucky Stars
Dragons Forever
Drunken Master II (The Legend of Drunken Master)
City Hunter
Rumble in the Bronx
Who Am I?
Rush Hour
Shanghai Noon
What's your favorite Jackie Chan movie??
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by isan(m): 10:57pm On Apr 13, 2016
Project A
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by Xionez(m): 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
The movie were he was named in the Panama Papers.
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by itstpia8: 12:07am On Apr 14, 2016
this long list and The Forbidden Kingdom is not even mentioned?

I seem to be the only person who watched it.
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by nepapole(m): 7:01am On Apr 14, 2016
The recent one that starred john Cusack...cant remember d title.
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 14, 2016
nepapole:
The recent one that starred john Cusack...cant remember d title.
dragon Blade,i Think
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 14, 2016
itstpia8:
this long list and The Forbidden Kingdom is not even mentioned?

I seem to be the only person who watched it.
he Wosnt The Owner Of The Film,jez Starred In That..
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by kuksunadi: 9:07am On Apr 14, 2016
The Young Master is my favorite one.
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by nepapole(m): 9:17am On Apr 14, 2016
bammy007:
dragon Blade,i Think
Yh.. Dats it. Very gud movie
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by starlingbawa(m): 10:38am On Apr 14, 2016
'Police Story 3' will suffice for me.

The intensity in which he took his martial arts game to a whole new level blows my mind anytime i see that movie!
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by itstpia8: 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by itstpia8: 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
bammy007:
he Wosnt The Owner Of The Film,jez Starred In That..

Huh?
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
itstpia8:

Huh?
its a co-owned movie
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by ucsquare(m): 4:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
all of the above
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by deytyteaasetdfh: 5:40pm On Apr 14, 2016
Spiritual Kung Fu and The Fearless Hyena is my favorite.
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by deytyteaasetdfh: 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
Police Story & My Lucky Stars smiley
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by victoriyaajaren: 6:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
My Lucky Stars & Dragons Forever smiley smiley
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by itstpia8: 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
bammy007:
its a co-owned movie

Do you mean your list was for movies produced or directed by Jackie Chan?
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
itstpia8:

Do you mean your list was for movies produced or directed by Jackie Chan?
yea
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 15, 2016
When it comes to Jackie Chan movies, I have no preference. They are all entertaining... pretty much.
Re: What's Your Favourite Jackie Chan Movie? by Clarinett(m): 8:10am On Apr 18, 2016
The Myth

cool

(1) (Reply)

I Need Ideas To Create A Nigerian Comic Thats Not Cliche / Bbnaija: Efe Fans Organise "Warri Stands With Efe" In Warri / Watch New WO! Cover By These OAU Guyz!!!!!!! Https://youtu.be/womgntpvelc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.