Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,483 members, 7,968,332 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:24 AM

Uniport Crisis: Wike Wieghs In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uniport Crisis: Wike Wieghs In (708 Views)

Nigeria Facing Existential Crisis, Wike Declares In UK / Owhorkire Rhino: "Is APC A Cult Group?" Ex UNIPORT SUG President Asks / Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uniport Crisis: Wike Wieghs In by maxdozie(m): 4:10am On Apr 14, 2016
Rivers State Government says it will work collaboratively with relevant Authorities to ensure that the incident which led to the recent crisis at the University of Port Harcourt were resolved.

Governor Nyesom Wike gave this indication, Wednesday when he received the National Leadership of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), who were in Government House to brief him on the Uniport incident which led to the death of a student, Comrade Peter Ofurum and other casualties.

Chief Wike who was represented by his Deputy Dr. (Mrs) Ipalibo Harry Banigo said Rivers State Government regrets the unfortunate incident which led to the death of the final year student of the Institution and promised to liaise with other Agencies to get to the root of the matter to forestall future occurrence.

The Governor thanked the students leaders for their maturity in conduct and enjoined them to continue to preach peace while assuring that the State Government will ensure the release of all students arrested by the Police in connection with the protest.

The State Chief Executive condoled the family of the late student who died in course of the protest and the entire Nigerian students, while assuring that the Rivers State Government will support in the burial arrangements of their late colleague.

Earlier, the leader of the delegation and Vice Chairman of the National Association of Nigeria Students (NANS), Comrade Ufuoma Victor Erharhine, called on the State Government to wade into the matter and set up an investigative panel to unravel the mystery surrounding the shooting of late Peter Ofurum.

The Student Leader demanded the immediate abolition of the “no school fees, no examination policy” of the School as well as lift the ban on Student Union Government (SUG) activities in the Institution among other demands.

Comrade Ufuoma further commended the State Governor for his show of Love for students in the State, and appealed to him to ensure the release of some students who are still in the custody of the police.

http://www.oneinfoplus.com/2016/04/uniport-crisis-wike-wieghs-in.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Uniport Crisis: Wike Wieghs In by Babzrockman: 4:21am On Apr 14, 2016
Meanwhile, Wike is in spain celebrating Real Madrid victory. If were to be Buhari who goes on purposeful trips, people will be shouting. So if Madrid qualify for UCL final, Wike would be there live and direct?
Re: Uniport Crisis: Wike Wieghs In by mercenary: 4:47am On Apr 14, 2016
This particular incident has once again brought to the fore the wickedness, extra judicial killings and the impunity with which SARS officials go about their work... Those people don't value human life, I also blame the management of uniport for inviting SARS to control an unarmed protest when the police are there.

I wonder what happened to tear gas and canisters but let's see how this goes but I doubt if any head will roll and as a matter of fact I see the killer cop walking away free... Of course this is Nigeria
Re: Uniport Crisis: Wike Wieghs In by maxdozie(m): 6:37am On Apr 14, 2016
mercenary:
This particular incident has once again brought to the fore the wickedness, extra judicial killings and the impunity with which SARS officials go about their work... Those people don't value human life, I also blame the management of uniport for inviting SARS to control an unarmed protest when the police are there.

I wonder what happened to tear gas and canisters but let's see how this goes but I doubt if any head will roll and as a matter of fact I see the killer cop walking away free... Of course this is Nigeria

I could joke with the police but not with the sars!
I can never do that!

They took a Big risk protesting .. when the sars men where involved

(1) (Reply)

Shameful State Of Badagry Prison Bus. / See The State With The Highest Unpaid Salaries - Bayelsa / 20 Amazing Facts You Probably Didn't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.