Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,499 members, 7,937,442 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 03:24 AM

Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 (27942 Views)

Man Signs On Boobs Of A Polytechnic Female Student / Application Letter Written By A Female Graduate Of Federal Poly Nekede (Photos) / Obiano Upgrades Anambra College Of Agriculture To A Polytechnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by ariesbull: 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2016
ewizard1:

ANOTHER ONE!

I give up
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by 21dadi8mi(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2016
can we ever have a united nigeria. their is disparity in our entire live. disparities in education in religion among the ethnic groups. an englishman wrote this "where lise olooru" and what he meant was were nise olorun. blackman think. polytechnic and university institutions are established for a purpose which has been jettison
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by shiimah: 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
The day I went to Moshood Abiola Poly, I was so ashamed of myself. Infact, I wept for our education. That was the first time I could see someone in HND1 struggling to interact in English.
The Poly ile-ife is another heart breaking academic institution, the student was my neighbour then... Common to write informal letter, she will run to me for assistance.. Her spelling is zero, command of English is zero and the worst is that they aint willing to learn.
I'm not surprised if ND2 student of poly ibadan did this coz its in their blood.
No offence meant and please don't quote me.
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by ariesbull: 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
olahero:
It's kinda worst, I am so much disappointed in the writer, that's the problem Polytechnics students always have, only few of them writes and speaks correctly.

Even you..you can't write correctly ...

How can you use "them" and use "writes" in the same tense and sentence .....nawa

This is madness.

Whatever happened to tenses is out of control .

Pls know that when you use "them" the corresponding verb should be "write" and "speak"

Jeez....

Did you school in Ogun state or Ekiti?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by damilareoye: 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
grin grin
The heading of the letter says it all......
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by godfrey01(m): 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Issue of poor writing and inability to write a good letter should be atttibuted to personality and not generalizing it... Some people just go to school beccause they want the certificate.. Believe me out there in polytechnics, there are better students who are even more better than those from university.... So the issue of knowledge should be based on individual and not generalising it.... Fron this post, you are stimagtizing the polytechnic... Some university are even worse than polytechnics... I have a friend who attended novena university, she can't even write a goood and well understoood lettter... And this is someone who her parents spent thounds on for school fees and other materials... In conclusion, we need to check ourselves.... Generalization in terms of things like this, is a big stigma. I know many nairalanders out there will be saying i can't attend a polytechnic. My brother you go old for house...

To me the guy is a big disgrace to himself and his school at large..... Go through the letter again, you will see he is an part time student.. Thank GOD this part time stuff was cancled, because most of the student just buy marks and the certificate... They don't study, not to even talk of passing exam

1 Like

Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by Ekakamba: 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
no mind the muppet.
tenderlaw:

Your own lexicon is worse than that written in the letter. Hide your head in shame.
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by Lincoln275(m): 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
The polytechnic ibadan , na part time student sha
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by damilareoye: 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
shiimah:
The day I went to Moshood Abiola Poly, I was so ashamed of myself. Infact, I wept for our education . That was the first time I could see someone in HND1 struggling to interact in English.
The Poly ile-ife is another heart breaking academic institution, the student was my neighbour then... Common to write informal letter , she will run to me for assistance.. Her spelling is zero, command of English is zero and the worst is that they aint willing to learn.
I'm not surprised if ND2 student of poly ibadan did this coz its in their blood.
grin just some
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by francisdeacn(m): 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
why are people always seeking general solution to specific problem. what has education in Nigeria to do with this. Op where did you get your education?
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by olajuwon1111(m): 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
olahero:
Eewo
grin grin see as they want kill me.

and you think your sentence is also correct,check more for errors and correct,80% of polytechnic student are better off, okey?
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by AdeniyiA(m): 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
tomsy2:
Is there still hope for education in Nigeria?
If a student in HND 2 in a polytechnic in the south west, a few months shy of graduation can write this, do you still wonder why our graduates are said to be " unemployable " ?
If a graduate like you can not differentiate between ND2 and HND 2, then i give up on our graduates' comprehensive reading skills...undecided
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by olajuwon1111(m): 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
shiimah:
The day I went to Moshood Abiola Poly, I was so ashamed of myself. Infact, I wept for our education. That was the first time I could see someone in HND1 struggling to interact in English.
The Poly ile-ife is another heart breaking academic institution, the student was my neighbour then... Common to write informal letter, she will run to me for assistance.. Her spelling is zero, command of English is zero and the worst is that they aint willing to learn.

bro your Dp shows you are very responsible,but am afraid you are not,do you think its necessary to name any tertiary institute? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by great664(m): 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
tomsy2:
If a student in HND 2 in a polytechnic in the south west, a few months shy of graduation can write this, do you still wonder why our graduates are said to be " unemployable " ?
. Mr. Remove the Log in your eye first. that's ND 2 not HND 2 and for your info University students are worst I have met with so many of them..... You could have used UNDER GRADUATE instead of discriminating already discriminated Polytechnic...

By the way, shey dem dey teach English for Higher institution? In Nigeria, your secondary school/Background/Environment play a vital role in speaking and writing in English.
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by Macgabe(m): 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
If you noticed I said 'our graduates' using that as a general word. The rot is not just in the polytechnics but all over the academic system. You chose to see "polytechnic " probably because you are there or graduated from there. For your information I know a fellow who graduated from the polytechnic and was once adjudged the best student in an American university.
I have nothing against the polytechnic and think it offers quality education but I do have everything against the rot in the graduates being produced because they choose to be mediocre. [/quote
][/color]

Well, it cut across all the institutions in Nigeria. I have met Uni students that cant make a complete sentence without errors. So, it has to do with individual development.
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by Seunolad1(m): 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=johnwizey post=44709197]NOTED.....Which means one need to develop himself irrespective of his/her institution[/quot you said it all.
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by Ajewealth123(m): 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
tomsy2:

If you were just a little bit more observant maybe you would have noticed that the paper on which the letter was written was folded at the top and the names blocked off with strips of paper.
But I guess you couldn't see that much. SMH FOR YOU TOO.
you are just being senseless.you are no better than the writer since you can't differentiate hnd from nd
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by DCMIX(m): 12:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
corperscorner:
OLORIBURUKU Op....
grin
Saponna lo ma pa e
e be like sey na u write d letter
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by bayinq25(m): 1:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
Nche95:
who do you think you're fooling? you wrote that letter yourself. attention seeker! fabricated letter, just for front page.. smh for you!!!
The "southwest" written makes me skeptical.His hate is immeasurable.
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by Taolyn4lif(m): 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
Kgdavid:
grin grin grin

The mistakes made by the guy in the original post were kinda funny and a little bit sad. But reading through the comments, and grammtical blunders and counter-blunders of posters on this thread has been absolutely hysterical. grin grin grin grin
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by scully95: 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
tomsy2:

Who is still writing letter in this digital world ? I can't remember the last time I wrote one..By the way, it's a reminder that we need to go back to our own Language.

If it was written in native language, it wont mean much right ?

Time for SW to use Yoruba as the official language.. North is already using Hausa as theirs.. SE should use Igbo..

THis is the future. the future is a Switzerland in Nigeria where they have 3 official languages.. It will even give raise to more jobs in the notary and translation industry there by keeping the most important aspect of our culture. i.e Language..
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by VictorRomanov: 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
johnwizey:
OP, why the emphasis on 'polytechnic' as if all poly products are dummy? I bet you this nigga will still write the same thing if he was admitted in the uni. Or you mean to tell me all uni graduates are all Achebe? You need to see some of the error filled post most of the uni graduate passing out today are all updating on FB. The writer has problem with his background and not the polytechnic

I believe the polytechnic is just added details and not a spite on polytechnic graduates.

I guess u re a polytechnic graduate. If you re, Please don't feel inferior about your qualification. From ur comment one can deduce that you re not a dummy.
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by Nche95(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
olahero:
Eewo
university graduate... why did you edit your comment?! haha..
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by amtaken(f): 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
Only there....
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by Taolyn4lif(m): 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
olahero:
Eewo

Sometimes, silence is golden grin

1 Like

Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by slyrone(m): 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
one of the few who consistently portray polytechnic graduates as being inferior to university graduates. Thumbs up to d real polytechnic graduates and undergraduates, not this joke
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by Rhozabeth(m): 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
@OP, the said candidate is in ND2 and not HND2 but that is not an excuse! But sincerely did u see the application written by a UNICAL graduate a few months ago, i went viral go check it out and i guarantee that u will score this ND2 student far better than the so-called graduate!
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by ezebunafo(m): 2:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
tomsy2:

If you were just a little bit more observant maybe you would have noticed that the paper on which the letter was written was folded at the top and the names blocked off with strips of paper.
But I guess you couldn't see that much. SMH FOR YOU TOO.
alibi
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by ferdison(m): 3:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
johnwizey:
OP, why the emphasis on 'polytechnic' as if all poly products are dummy? I bet you this nigga will still write the same thing if he was admitted in the uni. Or you mean to tell me all uni graduates are all Achebe? You need to see some of the error filled post most of the uni graduate passing out today are all updating on FB. The writer has problem with his background and not the polytechnic
#God bless you.
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by kensandrea: 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
tomsy2:

SORRY TO SAY BUT... I FEEL YOU MUST BE BLIND...

ND2 par time ...

Not HND 2 full time...

I am sure u are a Bsc. Graduate but u know wat... the universities students ain't beta off...

So watch what u say

And how u say dem...

Yea u guess rite I am a great polyte

No offence taken... and. Please don't also take it personal
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by alaskido(m): 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
There is a difference between written and spoken English. Some people are very good at spoken English while some are good at writing. But sha our education system is nothing to write home about these days. Students pay cash to lecturers to pass them while the girls use their body. I have a lot of them in my office. They cannot make a correct sentence without errors. God help our future generation.
Re: Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 by kelvinclint(m): 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
Sported ko, Sports car ni lol...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Students Drown In Malaysia (Photos) / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Western Education? / Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.