Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,402 members, 7,881,465 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH (38283 Views)

Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend / Ambode And Silent Screams From Laspotech By Dele Owolabi / Nigerians And Their 5.0CGPA Syndrome; That's Why We Can Never Greater Minds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by TheVictorious(m): 5:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
A girl, Omoshalewa Adenike Babalola, has made history as the first to graduate with the maximum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.0 at the Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH). Omoshalewa, a Science Laboratory graduate, was the cynosure of all eyes at the 24th convocation of the polytechnic last Thursday.

The valedictorian was presented with prizes at the event graced by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, Ayangburen of Ikorodu Oba Kabiru Shotobi, Ooni of Ife Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi and former Group Managing Director of Chams Plc Mr Ademola Aladekomo, among others.

The ceremony, held at the school auditorium, started at 10am with the procession of graduands and the principal officers led by the Rector, Dr. Samuel Sogunro.

Ambode was represented by his deputy, Dr. Oluranti Adebule.

Sogunro said Omoshalewa is the first student to graduate with the maximum CGPA. The rector said the school would offer her a job after her National Youth Service.

Ambode urged the graduands to be innovative and practise the entrepreneurial skills acquired from the school. He said: “There is no gainsaying the fact that we are in a challenging time, especially the current unemployment rate. It is time to bring out your innovative and entrepreneurial skills. You must look and explore other options to engage yourselves.”

The school graduated 8,519 students. Of the number, 263 graduated with distinction.

Oba Ogunwusi, Oba Shotobi and Aladekomo were conferred with fellowship awards in recognition of their support for the school.

Omoshalewa, who spoke on behalf of other graduands, hailed the polytechnic staff for their guidance. She described her feat as unbelievable, saying: “I never had it so easy.”

She said group reading and hard work were the secrets of her success.

Yusuf Razak, a graduand, said he was happy to graduate with a set that made history in the school. “This is a great achievement for me. I am happy to be among a set that set a new an academic record in the school,” he said.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/history-girl-graduates-4-0-cgpa-lagos-poly/

14 Likes

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by darkenkach(m): 5:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
Feminine, who cares?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by Sistem007(m): 5:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
darkenkach:
She is a woman. Who cares?
hahahaha u have just stepped on the Lions tail. Oya wait for them to strike smiley

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by TheVictorious(m): 5:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
What do you mean by dat. Why are you so sexist?
darkenkach:
She is a woman. Who cares?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by Sistem007(m): 5:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
the beauty of being the first to achieve a feat...this one might not get much recognition coz someone has done it before.

2 Likes

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by falconey(m): 5:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
she is plus size no wonder she could obtain such.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by gudluckgreat(m): 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
Kudos fati bom bom grin

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by iykekelvins(m): 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by blaQie(m): 5:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
falconey:
she is plus size no wonder she could obtain such.
your point?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by falconey(m): 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
blaQie:

your point?

this is not jamb lesson do you expect me to elaborate?? OK I have few minutes to spare.

the curvy,skinny and beautiful ones are always distracted by the opposite sex , getting so much attention and offers from guys.

this category of ladies can't read for 2hours without a guy visiting them be it in hostel or class.

no matter how high your IQ is you still need time with your reading materials.

you dig now son?

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by kennysteve77: 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
A
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by LesbianBoy(m): 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
Olodo plenty for that school o undecided

3 Likes

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by AntiWailer: 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
isorait.

Lets see who get more recognition between her and Olajumoke.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by vickyO(f): 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
Congratulations
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by richidinho(m): 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2016

Lagos can dash ehn
grin

4 Likes

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by dulux07(m): 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
She should be celebrated oooo...any outstanding achievement is worth celebrating. This is brain not beauty. Brain will move our nation 4ward. But its a pity we celebrate d other more.

6 Likes

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by ElPadrino33: 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
After all these what next? Where's Ayodele Dada ?
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by Dollyak(f): 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
Why did she study in polytechnic in the first place? Really curious. This is not something to celebrate i'm sorry. Relatively speaking, the standards of polytechnics anywhere in the world are appalling. In the context of a world class uni must add.

6 Likes

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by freshness2020: 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
E don be
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by kennysteve77: 6:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
Though it sounds awkward, I understand him perfectly. There was much less pressure on her compared with the men's type... grin
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by OlaSalo(m): 6:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
she should marry the other guy. what's his name self they will make a good couple.

5 Likes

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by sheddo619(m): 6:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
Congrats to her, the best I saw was 3.96
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by Samexdx(m): 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by dayowunmi(m): 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Congratulations to her. She did great if it's really all on merit and no settlement involved.
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by Abbeyunique2(m): 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Why am i singing olamide's who you epp
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by iliyande(m): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
Why always Lagos undecided
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by gurunlocker: 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
I. hope she is recognised like the UNIVERSITY guy
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by DBossNG(m): 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
grin
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by queenst(f): 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
Lagos state schools are runzing these things

1 Like

Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by canalily(m): 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
If i get that girl eeeh! I go 4uck her point zeroangry
Re: Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH by Smartanthony: 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
cryLol.she wil work with BUHARI!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics / LECTURER: Sleep With Me Or You Won't Graduate. / Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.