Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,754 members, 7,889,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:49 AM

Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) (35606 Views)

Fayose Gives Ekiti Beer Sellers N10m Loan (Photos) / Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ / Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by topeextent: 9:10am On Apr 15, 2016
Olisa metuh did more than dis where is Olisa metuh today, fayose days are numbered. Gbam
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by mbhs139(m): 9:11am On Apr 15, 2016
iamauxin:
This guy is a legend.... majority of you don't know that if we borrow this money today, we certainly will repay same tomorrow....thereby making the future more difficult for us. What happened to inward generalising of fund here in Nigeria?

Why can't our president and his Economic advisers( dunno if he has any) devise ways of making money that's distinct from loan

Someone will come and say it's needed to finance our "budget".... that's balderdash!
Now the question is why would someone in his right senses borrow to finance his budget... why not cut it down.
It's just like a school boy who was given two thousand naira as pocket money but while drawing up his budget for the semester, he budgets 10k..... because of the 8k he "would" borrow when he gets to the campus.
Tell me if that's intelligence or sheer stupidity.

Bro, all these yur analogy no make common sense at all. You don't compare the finance of a country with that of a school boy, school boy does not sell nor produce anything, he's just a consumer who depends on his parents.

Now, do you know that the America that you all make reference to as the best economy is the biggest debtor in the world, owing up to trillions of dollars in debt?

Well, I will excuse you, perhaps you are still a school boy... so you don't really know what we are talking about here.

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by iamdynamite(m): 9:15am On Apr 15, 2016
ojuolu:

Do you guys understand the working of an economy like ours? The history of economic development will vindicate the decision of the Nigerian government in the nearest future. An economy inherited in the troll of death and almost in a state of coma need jump starting. TSA money are mostly generated by agencies, department and parastatal and also left over from budgetary expenditures of this department, ministries and parastatals. Most of these funds will go into recurrent expenditures. Funds recover from looters are subjects and evidences in litigation cases that are arising and will arise in the course of these recoveries. So objectively, we are not suppose to touch the money now. Government agencies such as FIRS, NNPC, NIMASA, and Custom and other revenue generating bodies will generate revenue but we know these revenues will come in on monthly basis. Finance is bridging gaps in expected revenue and proposed expenditures. If the scheduled revenue time frame is not in tandem with the proposed expenditures, external finance is an option. This is the case for Nigeria presently.
Moreover, where did Fayose get loan servicing at 25% of the budget? DMO said 12% and even with the borrowing it will still be less than 16% of the GDP. So who should we believe?
The question i want to ask these people clamouring for other Governors to emulate Governor Fayose, do you prefer Willie Obiano of Anambra to Fayose? Yes for me. Anambra have been having it good in terms of Governors and leaders in the last few years, Peter Obi, Willie Obiano are two governors with progressive minds who keep working when others were and are busy crying. Show me what Fayose has done in two years and i will show you what Willy has done in a year for you to be the judge. Like a commentator said, Fayose lack the ability to see the big picture and in playing opposition, he is causing more damage to the masses than to the government.
Right thinking youths and leaders of thoughts should not play politics with Nigeria's future at this point. US almost default on their debt obligations to China late 2014 and early 2015. Other countries have loan burden. UAE used external finances in building thier major cities and they are reaping the benefit today. The question we should be asking should be about the loan purpose and its sustainability? Let us task our leaders and politicians to ensure there is no diversion and the loan is use to enhance the productive and infrastructural capacities of the nation. These in return could have unbelievable impacts in both the short and long runs.
#GODBLESSNIGERIA#
i give you kudos ogaaaaaa...good analysis......lets just leave fayose aloneeee

3 Likes

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by olasmith10(m): 9:16am On Apr 15, 2016
Johnrake69:

That is not true. Nigerian debt profile is already taking 25% of our annual revenue just for servicing. How can you take loans for projects not caputred by the appropriation bill?

U v a point, but I honestly blv the economic planning team have done dier assignment on dat..plus all dis news making d headlines are superficial.. D monetary details are unclear to d ordinary man on d street
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by oluadedamola: 9:20am On Apr 15, 2016
Retracted
danemenike:
hmmm, this is serious! Fayose you shldn't have gone that far, we your supporters vehemently disagree with you on this. Please retract your statement.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by dejavubobo1(m): 9:21am On Apr 15, 2016
iamauxin:
This guy is a legend.... majority of you don't know that if we borrow this money today, we certainly will repay same tomorrow....thereby making the future more difficult for us. What happened to inward generalising of fund here in Nigeria?

Why can't our president and his Economic advisers( dunno if he has any) devise ways of making money that's distinct from loan

Someone will come and say it's needed to finance our "budget".... that's balderdash!
Now the question is why would someone in his right senses borrow to finance his budget... why not cut it down.
It's just like a school boy who was given two thousand naira as pocket money but while drawing up his budget for the semester, he budgets 10k..... because of the 8k he "would" borrow when he gets to the campus.
If we borrow now to build infrastructure and make our small scale biz survive.. then our GDP will improve & paying back d loan ll be no problem at all. I studied finance & debt gearing is even better that equity gearing
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by SucreB: 9:23am On Apr 15, 2016
iamauxin:

its sheer stupidity...
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by SucreB: 9:25am On Apr 15, 2016
BastardOmenkata:
The Donkey FayoShit, the hero of IPOOP touts grin
just as your name implies......"Bastard"

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by AntiWailer: 9:26am On Apr 15, 2016
iamauxin:

That is what you type once a wrong mind kickstart your reasoning.

England took a $30 billion from CHina just 3 years ago.

So Fayose knows better than them too.

No crime in borrowing for infrastructure projects.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by certifiedking(m): 9:27am On Apr 15, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
How I wish Fayose can rule us Igboland. Fayose is greater than all the Governor in Igboland. Fayose is greater than Governor Willie Obiano
You don't have any sense of reasoning at all!!! Myopic bigot
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by AntiWailer: 9:28am On Apr 15, 2016
dejavubobo1:

If we borrow now to build infrastructure and make our small scale biz survive.. then our GDP will improve & paying back d loan ll be no problem at all. I studied finance & debt gearing is even better that equity gearing

Don't mind the nuisance and the useless 10 naira , 8 naira student example he gave.

Their type are quick to call Buhari a dullard yet, they reason like a chicken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Abadulbature(m): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose u b mumuuu
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by alaskido(m): 9:34am On Apr 15, 2016
Hmmmmm, I just dey laugh in pidgin English. Fayose self. See as him embarrass everyone including himself for Nigeria. Chai there is God oooooo.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Kulas: 9:35am On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose our man is right!!!

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by danehijan: 9:36am On Apr 15, 2016
When you look at the implication of the loans and agreements Fayose take same position with Buhari. Buhari said in his statement that there are alots of imbalances in the China - Nigeria trade which is to China advantage and merely begged them to invest in Nigeria to address the imbalances. Taking a loan from China that they will moderate how you spend is indirect recolonisation. 2) taking loans in yuan paying in dollars is slavery. 3) determining suppliers and market you buy goods for your projects amount to undermining our powers over what we owned. 4) determining the contractor to execute our project is monopoly. 5) allowing free flow of yuan in Nigerian market and banks is rendering the naira wothless. 6) floating China yuan in Nigerian bond market encourages capital flight. 7) allowing free trade to Nigerian market by China discourses local producers and this leads to low consumption of locally made goods, closure of industries, mass sack of workers, reductions of savings, drop in investment and above all reduced GDP and GDP thereby plunging the Nigerian economy into disasters. So Fayose is a man who saw tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Obienesarah: 9:40am On Apr 15, 2016
StainlessH:
Jesus Christ of..........!
Abonima.

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by aviazuva: 9:43am On Apr 15, 2016
The difference between sabotagingg and playing opposition is clear.
This one is sabo
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by gabbytabby: 9:49am On Apr 15, 2016
FastShipping:
Fayose is calculative. Fayose is doing all these brouhaha in order to get asylum overseas after his tenure. Now he can convince any western country to grant him asylum after his tenure. He can easily claim to be a leader of opposition to the government of the day.

Smart move.

And he will need the asylum cause he is a treasonable felon.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by biafranrealson: 9:50am On Apr 15, 2016
GOOD ONE FAYOSE. AT LEASE LET THE WORLD HEAR THEY OMMITTED LAGOS CALABAR RAIL PROJECT AND AT THE SAME TIME WANT TO BORROW TO FINANCE IT.
BUHARI WILL USE THE LOAN TO SETTLE HIS BH FIGHTERS, BUILD CATTLE RANCHES AND IMPORT GRASSES FROM BRAZIL.
INSTEAD DO MORE DIRECT INVESTIMENT HERE. REFINERIES, SUGAR FACTORIES, FERTILIZERS, CLOTHINGS. DONT GRANT HIM LOAN, IT IS IN THEIR DNA TO BEG AS ALMAJIRI

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by onetouch04: 9:53am On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=chie8 post=44709533]Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose has written to the Chinese government to withdraw the $2 billion loan being sought by the federal government of Nigeria.

In the letter dated April 12, 2016, with reference number EK/GOV/28/10, addressed to President Xi Jinping of China and delivered by Chief of Staff to the governor, Barrister Dipo Anisulowo in Abuja on Thursday, through the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Gu Xiaojie, Fayose said some of the projects for which the loan was being sought were not captured in the controversial 2016 budget, which has been sent to the President by the National Assembly for his assent.

Below are copies of the letter:

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/photosthe-letter-fayose-wrote-chinese.htm

Hope all d wailers are very much aware of how Fayose has sworn to make things difficult for PMB. From campaigns to date. Nobody is seen anything wrong in what he is doing. For Christ sake what audacity does Fayose have to interfare in FG dealings. I think what he ought to do is to let Buhari run his first budget b4 castigating him.
All IPOB wailers should see that Fayose has neva supported anything that will benefit south east.
Cat dey sleep rat come bite am for tail, wetin e dey find eee palava he dey find.
I rest my case.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 15, 2016
SucreB:
just as your name implies......"Bastard"
Nigger plsssssssss, I don't discuss issues with mental unstable IPOOOOOP yoouts
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by gabbytabby: 9:56am On Apr 15, 2016
iamdynamite:
i give you kudos ogaaaaaa...good analysis......lets just leave fayose aloneeee

Dont leave a mad dog. He needs to be shackled so that we no catch rabies from am.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by oyiboeru(m): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2016
IFAYOSE OR FAYOSE, U NEED DELIVERANCE O, I DON'T THINKS YOUR WIFE OR ANY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY LOVES U, BECAUSE THE EVIL U ARE CHAMPIONING WILL NEVER BE SUCCESSFUL BY THE GRACE OF GOD, WE NIGERIANS KNOW AND RECOGNIZE A TRUE LEADER, LIKEWISE A BAD AND SELFISH ONE LIKE U, BE CAREFUL WITH UR UNREASONABLE ACTIONS, LASTLY REMEMBER THERE IS GOD O![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by simplynola(m): 10:10am On Apr 15, 2016
"While conceding that all nations, especially developing ones need support to be able to grow because no nation is an island. I am constrained to inform you that if the future of Nigeria must be protected, the country does not need any loan at this time"

From his letter, with the above bolded from Mr Fayose. he has contradicted himself in many ways. The letter doesn't even carry weight because investors are there to make their own money. The condition of payment would have been stated out in their memorandum of understanding with the federal government. His letter should be directed to "maybe the national assembly"

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Dollipsejay(m): 10:11am On Apr 15, 2016
FastShipping:
Fayose is calculative. Fayose is doing all these brouhaha in order to get asylum overseas after his tenure. Now he can convince any western country to grant him asylum after his tenure. He can easily claim to be a leader of opposition to the government of the day.

Smart move.
na true jawe.. you don get him calculation
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by alt3r3g0: 10:13am On Apr 15, 2016
iamauxin:
start a sustainable business in campus? Bro...I just drew an analogy...but you're stretching it out of logic

Have you never seen students who start a business and train themselves through school?

I have seen quite a number that started and even after graduating, kept it alive and continue to grow it. So why you are talking logic, i am talking fact.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Kimaxcon(m): 10:16am On Apr 15, 2016
Dangote can borrow us such amount instead of china
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by bashydemy(m): 10:18am On Apr 15, 2016
FastShipping:

Smart move.
Bro you think the Chinese Govt know who Fayose is? in every country there is an opposition and people who hate the Govt of the day and i believe that also happen in China so China Govt will see him as one.. Do you know how many Governors, Ministers and well known people that traveled with PMB? Firstly the China Govt will google his profile and when they finally get to know he just an ND holder, They will take as someone who don't know much about Govt or economy and the letter will be drop inside the next trash bin. Lobatan
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by boardmem(m): 10:26am On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=iamdynamite post=44718748]

I concur with d above ascension.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by otunba9ja: 10:27am On Apr 15, 2016
OgaInnocent:
I also join voice with Fayose, to the letter. Am in full support. 100%.

For those saying " inasmuch as they don't support borrwing, they don't support the letter..." For how long shall we be dying in silence? By d way, what do we have to hide. China has got all they need to spy Nigeria technologically and otherwise.

There is nothing more to hide!

"Since the days of John d Baptist, the Kingdom of God suffereth violence, but only d violent taketh it by force"

He who goes aborrowing goes asorrowing!

Its d Lord who speaks!
Bros,.....abeg get a life and play maturity here.......pls dont drag God into what u dont av any idea about......read comments and ask questions from educated fellows if u need to.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by ngoziama: 10:34am On Apr 15, 2016
chie8:
Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose has written to the Chinese government to withdraw the $2 billion loan being sought by the federal government of Nigeria.

In the letter dated April 12, 2016, with reference number EK/GOV/28/10, addressed to President Xi Jinping of China and delivered by Chief of Staff to the governor, Barrister Dipo Anisulowo in Abuja on Thursday, through the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Gu Xiaojie, Fayose said some of the projects for which the loan was being sought were not captured in the controversial 2016 budget, which has been sent to the President by the National Assembly for his assent.

Below are copies of the letter:

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/photosthe-letter-fayose-wrote-chinese.html

This is same thing that oyibo will do in their own country. Allow fayose and if China wants to lend buhari the money , its ok.Dont condemn fayose? This is democracy .its up to chinese government to investigate the issues raised and take a stand .But am sure buhari does not undetstand the world politics and who Chinese really are.that loan could mortgage nigeria forever and if agitations for disntegration grows, who will repay chinese loan.china can never give you loan without using their best brains to analyse it.buhari travelled to seek loan without a finance minister and a sound economic team.buhari if you listen more you will be fulfilled when you finish your work on earth but if you continue with  this your dictatorship style you will break record as the worst president in the history of nigeria and disgrace could be your portion. Pat utomi, soludo, barth nnaji are people I know could help uplift your government. The clock is ticking fast and the polls conducted are scoring you so low.i may not be surprised if you score zero percent soon.i pray you listen more in your own interest and that of nigeria.
Re: Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) by Seeeeeeee: 10:36am On Apr 15, 2016
azeeza:
Abeg come make I hug you.
who hug don help?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Leaders Meet Goodluck Jonathan Amid Defection Rumour (Video) / Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide / Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits Innoson Motors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.