Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,326 members, 7,947,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:38 PM

Van Gaal Discusses Rashford Comparisons With Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Van Gaal Discusses Rashford Comparisons With Ronaldo (363 Views)

Sweden 0-2 England: Marcus Rashford In Tears, Players Celebrate (Photos) / Van Gaal Blasts Manchester United For Playing Boring Football / Farouk Yarma Pictured With Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cafu And Puyol In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Van Gaal Discusses Rashford Comparisons With Ronaldo by Moh4newsafrica(f): 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
Louis van Gaal has discussed comparisons made between Marcus Rashford and Cristiano Ronaldo. We didn’t realise there were any.

Rashford has slotted seamlessly into United’s first team from the academy this season – although he has not quite done enough to be named among our Young Player of the Year alternatives.

The striker was handed his debut for the club in the Europa League last-32 second-leg tie against FC Midtjylland at Old Trafford, where he scored twice in a 5-1 victory.

Rashford then started his first Premier League game just days later, and scored another two goals against Arsenal as United won 3-2.

The 18-year-old scored an excellent goal against West Ham in the FA Cup quarter-final replay in midweek, and now has six goals and one assist to his name in 11 games across all competitions.

Speaking ahead of United’s game against Aston Villa on Saturday, Van Gaal was asked on comparisons made between Rashford’s development and that of Ronaldo, who left United in 2009 after being really bloody good for a bit.

“You can compare apples with pears so I don’t agree with what you want to suggest – we have to wait and see,” Van Gaal said.

“It is fantastic what Marcus has done so far, but you cannot compare him with Ronaldo, who also played in a different position.

“He was not a striker when he was at Manchester United, I believe.”

Van Gaal was then asked on further speculation surrounding his job, with the Daily Mirror reporting on Friday that Sir Alex Ferguson is open to the idea of Jose Mourinho replacing the Dutchman in the summer.

“I don’t discuss that with you,” said Van Gaal, who has one year remaining on his current deal. “You can ask what is happening with me. I don’t discuss it.

“It’s not my problem. I read only about my position in the media, not other manager’s positions.”

read more<<<<http://newsafricanow.com/2016/04/van-gaal-discusses-rashford-comparisons-with-ronaldo/

(1) (Reply)

Ighalo Misses Watford Goal Of The Season Award / #euro2016: Watch Dimitri Payet’s Sensational Strike Against Romania / How Do I Open My 1960BET Online Account With Bonus Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.