Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,325 members, 7,888,032 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:55 PM

President Buhari's Seduction Of China, Currency Swap Deal And Etc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Seduction Of China, Currency Swap Deal And Etc (541 Views)

Oil Firm Returns N62 Billion To NNPC Aftermath Crude Swap Deal Under Jonathan / Signs That The Nigeria- China Currency Swap Deal Is Good But Bad For The U.S / Feyi Fawehinmi: How To Make Sense Of Nigeria’s Currency Swap Deal With China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari's Seduction Of China, Currency Swap Deal And Etc by lawani: 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
A major benefit that the Chinese will gain in Africa's largest economy this year is the opportunity to build the Lagos-Calabar railway, a project that President Buhari did not care to make provision for in the Appropriation bill. The first bill was filled with errors, inflations and repetitions while the second contained billions of naira in unappropriated funds floating in the budget. The senate promptly put the money under a heading and approved the budget instead of returning the budget again like the first time, maybe in a bid not to embarrass the Presidency the second time but the President has refused to sign the budget. Now, the House of Representatives has offered the Presidency a new chance to re-present the budget.

Presidency staff boasted to reporters a while ago that they have traced 200 billion dollars of looted funds and have recovered some and they will soon announce the figures but the Presidency said a few days later 'No way, the recovered funds will not be announced for maybe security reasons.'

This is the government that is going to China to solicit for the Chinese government's help to raise a bank loan of 2 billion dollars from Chinese banks. A government wasting millions of dollars junketting around the globe, spending billions of naira to maintain maybe 7 private jets. PMB is living far larger than the Chinese President, so if I were the Chinese I would not approve or guarantee the loan of 2 billion dollars, I will advise that the country be broken up because the people are divided and the government insincere.

The Chinese are a serious people who have moved the majority of their people out of extreme poverty in a record short time. Singapore is a blend of China and the US and the result is excellent. A prosperous one party state with no opposition that is worth mentioning. China has not opened up like the West or Japan but they are not a clog in the wheels of human advancement like Nigeria is and I hope they will not allign with this inept PMB Presidency. A government that speaks against Boko Haram but reinstates sacked Boko Haram soldiers and police, that recover loots and refuse to announce the figure. A dollar billionaire President who posed as a poor man, getting young people killed to become President, who cancelled an already paid for Lagos metro and etc. That is not someone I would like to allign with. If China were not a serious nation, majority of their people will still be poor today. So China is a serious nation and I hope they will not allign with PMB's Presidency.

We hear of a currency swap deal with China but our forex problem is because the FG controls a chunk of our forex earnings as a nation in dollars and not in yuans, if not, nothing concerns government with forex rates, their own is to take tax while gently inflating the currency. If China agrees to be giving the FG say 30 million yuans a month at a fixed price below market rate, that is a charity I dont support, because the Presidency will again sell to their cronies who will resell at market rates raking in millions regularly as is the case with the oil dollars they control. So they should not give any concession at all in my opinion. If the FG wants to shore up the value of the Naira, they know what to do but there is no sincerity in PMB's government. If they want to be taking yuan for oil instead of dollars let them announce that.

I would not ally with PMB's Nigeria if I were China.

(1) (Reply)

Acting GOC 7 Division Escape Boko Haram Ambush / Efcc Witness Against Saraki Again Admits To Errors In Investigation / PHOTOS: 2 Die As Herdsmen Cause Accident In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.