Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,114 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:20 AM

Police Unlawful Arrest Of Citizens: DPA Is The Way Forward - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Unlawful Arrest Of Citizens: DPA Is The Way Forward (642 Views)

Court Order SARS to Pay Pastor N10m for Unlawful Arrest, See What They did Nex(p / Traffic Robbers Union Reacts Over Arrest Of Members / PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Unlawful Arrest Of Citizens: DPA Is The Way Forward by Controversialad: 8:58am On Apr 16, 2016
POLICE ARREST THIS MORNING; SOME LITTLE BREAKTHROUGH TO REPORT
The Due Process Advocates (DPA) Barr.
Emeka Ugwuonye; the man that makes the difference

This morning, while still in bed, I received an inbox from a person who asked me to help because he had just been arrested by the police. He told me he was a DPA member. His message came by a message request because he is not my friend on FB.
He said he was arrested in a place called Shitta. I had no idea where that was or even which State in Nigeria that was. So, I asked him for locational details. He said it was in Surulere area of Lagos. I asked him to try to find out the exact police station they were taking him to. He figured it was Area C. Police Station in Surulere.

We began to track the incident. Apparently, the police were making random raids and stop-and-search. They would stop anybody they liked to stop, but instead of searching or asking questions, they would shove them into their vans. In the end, they arrested 14 people randomly on that spot.
Beside inboxes, I called the DPA member on the phone number he provided to find out how he got there. He told me he was going to LUTH (the teaching hospital in the area) when he was stopped. On my own, I figured that this kind of random stop-and-search and arrest on Fridays are the usual police tactic for extorting money fromm people. Since it is a Saturday, they could keep these people in police cell till Monday and their parents would pay money for them to be released. That is some good money for the the DPO and his men for the weekend.
The situation could get quite bad. If the families of the rest of the arrested people do not come to bail them, the police will transfer the people to SARS where they would he most likely killed extra-judicially.
Read More: http://www.controversialada.com/2016/04/police-unlawful-arrest-of-citizens-dpa.html
Join this platform today and help end the corrupt practices. You can also seek for help via same platform.
Re: Police Unlawful Arrest Of Citizens: DPA Is The Way Forward by win10(m): 8:59am On Apr 16, 2016
Re: Police Unlawful Arrest Of Citizens: DPA Is The Way Forward by entparrot(f): 12:53am On Apr 17, 2016
And tell us how DPA is the way forward? What he intend to do? And also is it for free?

(1) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests A Woman With 2.04kg Of Cannabis / Teens Fell To Their Deaths After Climbing Onto Dangerous Rocks To Take Selfies / Omg! Student Kills Classmate With One Hot Slap During A Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.