Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,631 members, 7,885,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:18 PM

Invitation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Invitation (2080 Views)

Apostle Suleman Briefing Journalists After Honouring DSS Invitation (Photos) / Armed Policemen At DSS As Suleman Honours DSS Invitation (Photos) / Suleman's Invitation By DSS: Some Nigerians Storm Unity Foundation In Solidarity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invitation by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Abi ooo, your imagination running wild today has been legendary

Na by force, which part of you need it more than I do, don't you understand

I was waiting to see when you will use the famous over sabi cop out card. Touché

Hmmm! This has been so interesting! Enjoying it. But u know what? U really need to do this Prov9:6. It is necessary. Pls don't do this Prov 21:16.

Well the bottom line is Prov 9:12.
And I have been doing this till now Prov 26: 4-5. But I think I need to do this (am not sure yet) Prov 14:7
No be talk am ooooo . Na the scripture. kakakaka I dey laugh. Chain! See something! OMG! And who has been imagining everything today. *Rolling with laughter*
Re: Invitation by MuttleyLaff: 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2016
holahmihdeh:
Hmmm! This has been so interesting! Enjoying it. But u know what? U really need to do this Prov9:6. It is necessary. Pls don't do this Prov 21:16
Proverbs 9:6 actually is talking about you, you need strong food for a strong mind
Don't worry about Proverbs 21:16 because everything I expose you to on the subject of speaking in a foreign language or tongue is Bible based and bible backed

Fool etymologically and biblically isn't necessarily a derogatory adjective, it is simply a statement of fact about someone not making or taking the right decisions, out of ignorance or mostly due to lack of understanding

holahmihdeh:

Well the bottom line is Prov 9:12.
And I have been doing this till now Prov 26: 4-5. But I think I need to do this (am not sure yet) Prov 14:7
No be talk am ooooo . Na the scripture. kakakaka I dey laugh. Chain! See something! OMG! And who has been imagining everything today. *Rolling with laughter*
Proverbs 9:13 is more your lot and up your alley
Pray you have the latter part of Proverbs 4:17
Re: Invitation by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Proverbs 9:6 actually is talking about you, you need strong food for a strong mind
Don't worry about Proverbs 21:16 because everything I expose you to on the subject of speaking in a foreign language or tongue is Bible based and bible backed

Fool etymologically and biblically isn't necessarily a derogatory adjective, it is simply a statement of fact about someone not making or taking the right decisions, out of ignorance or mostly due to lack of understanding

Proverbs 9:13 is more your lot and up your alley
Pray you have the latter part of Proverbs 4:17

hmmm.E dey pain you. Am sure those verse hit u like bomb! Gosh!!! Clap for urslf! Am sure u really took ur time to come up with those cuz it is never in ur heart before. I leave u with these verse: Prov 18:2,6,7 Prov15:12 So keep on ranting and sulking. At least u ve failed to impose ur "understanding and truth" on me which are all false doctrines. God knows I won't continue with this with you tomorrow so I call ur bluff. The lower the IQ the more the sulking.
Re: Invitation by MuttleyLaff: 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2016
holahmihdeh:
hmmm.E dey pain you
E dey pain me, no. Enjoying this, yes.
because I've gotten accustomed to your histrionics and uninformed polemic vain babbling

holahmihdeh:
Am sure those verse hit u like bomb!
Excuse me, you must have mistaken me for someone who gives a damn about any verse you put up

holahmihdeh:
Gosh!!! Clap for urslf! Am sure u really took ur time to come up with those cuz it is never in ur heart before. I leave u with these verse: Prov 18:2,6,7 Prov15:12
Instead of pretending like you know something about verses,
why don't you spend your time learning and understanding how to properly string out verses?

Learn to use your elementary knowledge of posting verse in a less cliché manner.
Leave the verse posting to those who actually know how to correctly post verses.

holahmihdeh:
So keep on ranting and sulking
Arent you tired of all these your ludicrous fantasies

holahmihdeh:
At least u ve failed to impose ur "understanding and truth" on me which are all false doctrines
Dont be paranoid, no one has imposed anything on you
It is daft to say anyone is forcing you or imposing things on you

holahmihdeh:
God knows I won't continue with this with you tomorrow
You've frittered the bandwidth away so easily, so you must fast-posting tomorrow nau wink wink
Who cares if you won't continue. Good riddance, who's going to miss you, it's not that you've been anything else other than a total bore anyway
You actually need to keep quiet for fear of putting your foot in and/or further showing your ignorance
I wonder how many people like myself have been reading your posts, to see if it suddenly became interesting.

holahmihdeh:
so I call ur bluff
Efrebor, efrebor, my sweet darling sister you go wound ooo

holahmihdeh:
The lower the IQ the more the sulking
Boys are still smiling. The gloves are still on and without blood on them yet

I see and read intelligence in posts. Never one, in any posts of yours on this thread. Just pure concentrated ignorance.

The focus of your indignation and outrage over anyone being exposed (i.e. note expose to and not your fantasy world of imposing on you) to the truth or downright falsehood of speaking in tongue shouldnt be on me

1 Like

Re: Invitation by JMG1: 8:37am On Jul 23, 2016
My dearest sister in the Lord @holahmihdeh. please endeavour to do exactly this prov14:7 and stop wasting your precious time. on this man. Immediately I perceive this prov10:17 to be him ,I decided to stay away.

I read his and goodmuyis replies but decided to keep quite as the bible says in prov13:20, I decided to stay away from such people just as prov14:7 implies.

Its obvious he lacks understanding and knowledge but instead of him to apply humility and learn,he takes up pride to impose his own doctrine(I say his doctrine because whatever he says about tongues or interpretation is obviously not from the Word).

God bless you sister,I leave you with the blessings in Deut28
Re: Invitation by MuttleyLaff: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2016
JMG1:
My dearest sister in the Lord @holahmihdeh. please endeavour to do exactly this prov14:7 and stop wasting your precious time. on this man. Immediately I perceive this prov10:17 to be him, I decided to stay away
There's nothing quite like parading your unfounded fear and paranoia in public.

JMG1:
I read his and goodmuyis replies but decided to keep quite as the bible says in prov13:20, I decided to stay away from such people just as prov14:7 implies
The truth of matter is that you couldnt come to terms with knowing that speaking in tongues as nowadays and today claimed to be doing, in most gatherings is not the same as the ones in biblical times
and to know that Paul instructions is to stop speaking in tongues, if there is no interpretation, became a hard pill for you to swallow
Paul also was against corporate speaking in tongues, but your pride and ego prevents this from registering in you
(e.g. like when everybody, at the same time, are prompted to start speaking in tongues. SMH)

If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret;
- 1 Corinthians 14:27

"For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left
- Heb. 10:26

JMG1:
Its obvious he lacks understanding and knowledge but instead of him to apply humility and learn, he takes up pride to impose his own doctrine(I say his doctrine because whatever he says about tongues or interpretation is obviously not from the Word)
How dare holahmihdeh and now you, keep using and saying ''impose''
Has anyone forced you or threatened you to change?
When people post warning signs, it's up to you to take heed or not, no one is imposing or forcing anything on you or anyone.

JMG1:
God bless you sister, I leave you with the blessings in Deut28
SMH. Here we go again with coveting and grabbing something belonging to another
Re: Invitation by MuttleyLaff: 10:26am On Jul 23, 2016
GoodMuyis:
Q1: Do you know that ''speaking in tongues'' or ''speak with other tongues'' as in the Bible IS NOT THE SAME AS what is widespread and generally accepted today to be?
--
YES; but that is base in people's understanding of what speaking tongues is. ACT 2:8 tell us that "And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?" (Here we see real and closeby languages). But according to paul in I Corinthians 14 Paul inform us that one can speak a language that those closeby wont understand what we speak except few
Thank you my darling sweet brother for your honesty, sincerety and particularly for FEARLESSLY accepting that ''speaking in tongues'' or ''speak with other tongues'' as in the Bible IS NOT THE SAME AS what is widespread and generally accepted today to be

GoodMuyis:
Also in the Book God's General-pg136: During the days of William J. Seymour see except in quote

The Above are languages on earth. I once listen to Preacher (understanding prayer in tongues.mp3), he narrate his meeting with young girl who speak in tongue and can even visualize and write it down, when the Preacher saw it, he interpret and said some of the word in the girls tongue, he had ever seen such in heaven at language department (Maybe during a trance or something in dont know)
Yep, but lets be honest to admit that it is miles apart and different to what is witnessed, widespread and generally practised in today's gathering now

GoodMuyis:
Paul also said there is language of angels: I Cor 13:1 - Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels...
Red flag, red flag, please dont read more into what Paul was trying to convey using I Cor 13:1

GoodMuyis:
In Summary there are tongues of men and of angels. For curiosity and overzealous sake some dont want to know this, but only care to to just speak or rather pray in tongue preferably the tongue of angel cheesy.
I and you know why you smiled at the end, dont we.
Of course because you're familiar with hyperboles, the bible has loads of hyperbole examples
Re: Invitation by GoodMuyis(m): 10:31am On Jul 23, 2016
blueAgent:

What is the difference between personal.conviction and personal interpretation. you must first interpret and understand something before it becomes a conviction.the holyspirit cannot do all for you.
The holyspirit is not a confusionist it cannot speak anything contray to what the Bible says.
if we are to depend on conviction then ,a certain pastor in lagos who set his member Ablaze is not guility becos he said he was convinced by the same Holyspirit.

I speak this to your shame bro, of all examples, na pastor wey burn man pickin you fit use, even stating same must have being lead by Holy Spirit,
where is the discernment in you? where is the word in you that says "believed not every spirit"?

I fault your comment bro, other none denigrating example would be better, i see it as insult to Holy Spirit.
Re: Invitation by MuttleyLaff: 10:32am On Jul 23, 2016
GoodMuyis:
Q2-Q4: I will just summarized them cheesy cheesy cheesy

On the is will still refer back to Q1

Q1: Do you know that ''speaking in tongues'' or ''speak with other tongues'' as in the Bible IS NOT THE SAME AS what is widespread and generally accepted today to be?
--

I Cor 14:22: Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: ...
Good, glad you accept it is a sign not to them that believe, but to them that believe not

GoodMuyis:
Also in the Book God's General-pg136: During the days of William J. Seymour see except in quote
I've in above addressed this repeat

GoodMuyis:
No matter the number of time it occurred, Speaking in Tongue is a sign as:
a => Evidence of Holy Ghost baptism Act 2:4, Act 10:44-46, Act 19:6 other place speaking in tongue was reference is I Cor chapter 12 to 14 referencing it as gift
b =>

CC MuttleyLaff
Do you see the reasons, the two common denominators, in all those number of times in Act 2:4, Act 10:44-46, Act 19:6?
Re: Invitation by JMG1: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
There's nothing quite like parading your unfounded fear and paranoia in public.

The truth of matter is that you couldnt come to terms with knowing that speaking in tongues as nowadays and today claimed to be doing, in most gatherings is not the same as the ones in biblical times
and to know that Paul instructions is to stop speaking in tongues, if there is no interpretation, became a hard pill for you to swallow
Paul also was against corporate speaking in tongues, but your pride and ego prevents this from registering in you
(e.g. like when everybody, at the same time, are prompted to start speaking in tongues. SMH)

If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret;

"For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left
- Heb. 10:26

How dare holahmihdeh and now you, keep using and saying ''impose''
Has anyone forced you or threatened you to change?
When people post warning signs, it's up to you to take heed or not, no one is imposing or forcing anything on you or anyone.

SMH. Here we go again with coveting and grabbing something belonging to another
Bro
This verse is talking about tongues in the church.

1cor14:4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the CHURCH(prohesy in the church is the interpretation of tongues spoken in church).
5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for[a] he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the CHURCH may receive EDIFICATION.

1corinthians14:6 Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?

The reason for speaking in tongues in church is for revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?

1cor14:13 Therefore let him WHO SPEAKS in a tongue PRAY that he may interpret. (Why should paul ask us to pray to interprete if we shouldn't speak in tongues?)

14 For if "I" pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is the conclusion then? I WILL pray with the spirit, and I WILL also pray with the understanding(native language). I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding

1cor14:39Therefore, my brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and do NOT FORBID speaking in tongues.

Doesn't this tell you something?

1cor14:38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant

So I'll just let you be
Re: Invitation by MuttleyLaff: 11:49am On Jul 23, 2016
JMG1:
Bro
This verse is talking about tongues in the church
I know, you know too but is this instruction adhered to in believers' gathering?

JMG1:
1cor14:4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the CHURCH(prohesy in the church is the interpretation of tongues spoken in church).
5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for[a] he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the CHURCH may receive EDIFICATION
Sorry, ''prohesy in the church is the interpretation of tongues spoken in church'' is totally off point
I like and appreciate ''he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets'' though

JMG1:
1 corinthians14:6 Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?
You do see that the instructive is in the latter part of this

JMG1:
The reason for speaking in tongues in church is for revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?
SMH, is that so?
Seems you have this psychological dependence of needing to speak in tongues
What is the need for prophesying in tongues, as in prophesying in a foreign language without interpretation
OK then, so what is the reason for corporate praying or speaking in tongues, like when in gatherings, everyone is asked to start praying in tongues.

JMG1:
1cor14:13 Therefore let him WHO SPEAKS in a tongue PRAY that he may interpret. (Why should paul ask us to pray to interprete if we shouldn't speak in tongues?)
I never for once wrote against speaking in tongue, I have all along expose the falsehood of some of today's allegedly speaking in tongues

JMG1:
14 For if "I" pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is the conclusion then? I WILL pray with the spirit, and I WILL also pray with the understanding(native language). I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding

1cor14:39Therefore, my brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and do NOT FORBID speaking in tongues
Though I've touched this even with illustrations in the other thread. It is so simple to understand without complications

JMG1:
Doesn't this tell you something?
I wished it did to you

JMG1:
1cor14:38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant

So I'll just let you be
You're grappling with the exposure and yet to get it
anyway, the warning has been served and it's up to you to take heed or not
Re: Invitation by MuttleyLaff: 11:58am On Jul 23, 2016
LOL, heyo holahmihdeh.
I can see you. Having a blessed and good weekend?
Re: Invitation by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
JMG1:
My dearest sister in the Lord @holahmihdeh. please endeavour to do exactly this prov14:7 and stop wasting your precious time. on this man. Immediately I perceive this prov10:17 to be him ,I decided to stay away.

I read his and goodmuyis replies but decided to keep quite as the bible says in prov13:20, I decided to stay away from such people just as prov14:7 implies.

Its obvious he lacks understanding and knowledge but instead of him to apply humility and learn,he takes up pride to impose his own doctrine(I say his doctrine because whatever he says about tongues or interpretation is obviously not from the Word).

God bless you sister,I leave you with the blessings in Deut28

Exactly sir! I will do just that. I will hold my peace as rightly said here: Prov 11: 12
Re: Invitation by JMG1: 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
I know, you know too but is this instruction adhered to in believers' gathering?

Sorry, ''prohesy in the church is the interpretation of tongues spoken in church'' is totally off point
I like and appreciate ''he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets'' though

SMH, is that so?
What is the need for prophesying in tongues, as in prophesying in a foreign language without interpretation
OK then, so what is the reason for corporate praying or speaking in tongues, like when in gatherings, everyone is asked to start praying in tongues.

I never for once wrote against speaking in tongue, I have all along expose the falsehood of some of today's allegedly speaking in tongues

Though I've touched this even with illustrations in the other thread. It is so simple to understand without complications

I wished it did to you

@holahmihdeh
You see why i asked you not to waste your precious time on him?
Re: Invitation by JMG1: 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

SMH, is that so?

I wished it did to you

@holahmihdeh
You see why i asked you not to waste your precious time on him?He never want to learn
Re: Invitation by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 23, 2016
JMG1:

@holahmihdeh
You see why i asked you not to waste your precious time on him?

I can't stop laughing. It is obvious he got his interpretation of the scriptures from the demons
Re: Invitation by MuttleyLaff: 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
JMG1:
@holahmihdeh
You see why i asked you not to waste your precious time on him?He never want to learn
Abeggy, shift, make we hear correct word jare
You certainly are in water too deep to stand in and essentially out of your depth
I appreciate you giving holahmihdeh, the easy option out though with the lifeline
Muncho gracias
Re: Invitation by MuttleyLaff: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
holahmihdeh:
I can't stop laughing.
It is obvious he got his interpretation of the scriptures from the demons
Re: Invitation by blueAgent(m): 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
GoodMuyis:

I speak this to your shame bro, of all examples, na pastor wey burn man pickin you fit use, even stating same must have being lead by Holy Spirit,
where is the discernment in you? where is the word in you that says "believed not every spirit"?

I fault your comment bro, other none denigrating example would be better, i see it as insult to Holy Spirit.

You don't understand me. I said must people do horrible things to others why cliaming to be lead by the Holy Spirit. So it is up to us to discern who is really been lead by the Holyspirit or not, by verifying it through God's word
Re: Invitation by blueAgent(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
holahmihdeh:

Funny. If the Holy spirit can not do all for us, why did Apostle John say in 1John 2:27 that the Holy Spirit will teach us ALL THINGS. It is what the holy spirit teaches u ,that the verse said is true and not a lie, that u get convinced of not just ur carnal personal conviction which maybe wrong

And u believed the pastor claim of been convinced by the holy spirit to set a man ablaze. that wasn't the holy spirit.

U cannot understand everything about the scriptures on your own cuz it is a mystery

I don't mean that  The Holy Spirit is limited.
What i mean is that , the HolySpirit gives different gifts. No one can have all the gifts. the Bible says to them he gave different gifts.
1 Corinthians  12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit.
1 Corinthians  12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1 Corinthians  12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
1 Corinthians  12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Paul also instructed Christains to Desire the gift of Propehcy over that of Speaking in tongues
1 Corinthians  14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1 Corinthians 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
1 Corinthians 14:6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

You can read the rest part of the Verse.
This verses are self explanetary . There is nothing mystery about this Bible verses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bible Is Not Infallible- by femi aribisala / TOP 10 Famous Near-death Expirience / Rev. Fr Obimma: See Replica Childhood Photo Of The Child's Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.