Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,603 members, 7,885,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:39 AM

How Can I Get A Quality Replacement DSTV LNB - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Can I Get A Quality Replacement DSTV LNB (2378 Views)

Replacement Of LG TV Screen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get A Quality Replacement DSTV LNB by FEGEITOK: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
After serving me for years, my LNB died last December.

I replaced it on December 2, 2015 and now today April 16, 2016 it has gotten the same fault. Now that is a little over 4 months! Gush!!

It plays well at night and cracks/crackles during the day as soon as the sun is hot.

I have come to the conclusion that I got a cheap unreliable Chinese knock-off

So how do I get one as qualitative as the one that comes with the DSTV dish?

Thanks anyone and everyone in advance
Re: How Can I Get A Quality Replacement DSTV LNB by olenyi: 11:15am On Apr 18, 2016
FEGEITOK:
After serving me for years, my LNB died last December.

I replaced it on December 2, 2015 and now today April 16, 2016 it has gotten the same fault. Now that is a little over 4 months! Gush!!

It plays well at night and cracks/crackles during the day as soon as the sun is hot.

I have come to the conclusion that I got a cheap unreliable Chinese knock-off

So how do I get one as qualitative as the one that comes with the DSTV dish?

Thanks anyone and everyone in advance

That it cracks at some point during the day is not an LNB problem. Have a good installer check your dish. it must have shifted slightly without you knowing. Even a ''strong'' branded LNB lasts as long as the ''follow come'' DSTV LNB when it comes to tracking Eutelsat W4/W7. The installer should be able to isolate the root cause why your LNB goes bad.

My regards.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Quality Replacement DSTV LNB by FEGEITOK: 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
olenyi:

That it cracks at some point during the day is not an LNB problem. Have a good installer check your dish. it must have shifted slightly without you knowing. Even a ''strong'' branded LNB lasts as long as the ''follow come'' DSTV LNB when it comes to tracking Eutelsat W4/W7. The installer should be able to isolate the root cause why your LNB goes bad.

My regards.

I guess you are right after all, because today it isn't cracking.

I wonder why it did yesterday, and I recall when it happened like this last December, I was told it is an LNB problem and so I got to get a new one, from your explanation, it is good that I kept the old unit, cause it might not be faulty after all, the guy just wanted to make a quick hit, if my guess is right.
Re: How Can I Get A Quality Replacement DSTV LNB by olenyi: 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
FEGEITOK:

I guess you are right after all, because today it isn't cracking.

I wonder why it did yesterday, and I recall when it happened like this last December, I was told it is an LNB problem and so I got to get a new one, from your explanation, it is good that I kept the old unit, cause it might not be faulty after all, the guy just wanted to make a quick hit, if my guess is right.

A lot of factors can make a signal to crack;

signal fade caused by heavy clouds. That its not raining at your location doesn't mean its not raining elsewhere with heavy clouds, thus blocking/impairing the signal.

Shifted dish. After many years/months of installation of the dish, heavy winds, birds perching on it, people touching it, etc, could make it to shift ever so slightly, thus making it not properly aligned with the satellite above.

Even Dstv might be having technical issues at their end.

Theirs a whole lot of factors. Which is why you need an installer to eliminate this factors for you if you are not up to it.

Regards.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2face Movie 'flying Without Wings' / Dbn Tv And Supple Communications Sign Mou On Eko International Film Festival / Screening Tasks In Gulder Ultimate Search (details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.