Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,207 members, 7,919,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:08 PM

How Buhari Killed My Business!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Buhari Killed My Business!! (952 Views)

"2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS / Billionaire Ifeanyi Ubah: How Buhari Can Crash The Dollar/naira Disparity / How Buhari Can Crash The Dollar/naira Disparity- Ifeanyi Ubah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Killed My Business!! by pukena(m): 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
My name is Emmanuel. I relocated to Lagos in 2011 and have since managed to grow a very vibrant business centre/ Cyber Cafe, one of the
very popular ones in my area, Ijeshatedo, Surulere. Last year, I was so happy to finally pay for a room and parlour accomodation and lightly
furnish it. Life was good, or so it seemed...

However, since the turn of the this 2016, my once boisterously business center has become a shadow of its self...largely due to an
unprecedented drop in power supply in my area and the recent prolonged fuel scarcity.

I had two standby generators that I alternate with NEPA. In January 2016, one of them mysteriously knocked engine leaving me with only
one to work with. Due to the almost zero power supply in Ijeshatedo, Surulere since late February, that one generator works from 8.30am to
10pm daily. That's too much of a generator originally built as a standby to power. But I had no option as my business needs light to generate
income.

Between the month of February through late March, the generator broke down severally, that it gulped in a combined amount of over 30k in
repairs. This affected patronage as customers were not sure if my generator would work or not. I lost quite a lot of them. Power never
improved. Instead, we were being served with increased NEPA bills all those months of darkness. I took a soft loan from AB Micro finance, not
for the first time, in December 2015. It has been a nightmare meeting up with my monthly installments of N35, 250. Sometimes I have to
borrow from friends to pay them. Last month, everybody I knew were facing the heat of the economic challenges. My office assets were
almost confiscated after 2 weeks of defaulting payment (I pay ever 17th of every month) until I miraculously raised the money and paid.

My dilemma is that my only surviving generator, has broken down finally. for weeks its been smoking badly, my engineer said he has to
change the piston and rings, which I have changed more that 2 times this year. It gulps oil like water. I decided I wont waste resources on it
again. I need a new generator, but much more, I need to get thsi bank people off my neck. I can't afford to lose my business to them. I have 3 months remaining to pay them. Power has not improved since. Available cash has run out, I didn't work through this week.

I know this forum is not a medium to ask for assistance. I am even ashamed doing this. But I decided I wont die in silence. Better to get
cautioned by the mods than keep quiet. Who knows if I could get help. I just read of a guy who took to twitter to share his problems about
tuition for his law degree, and surprisingly, he got help.

Please, my sweet mods, don't ban me. You can help me by pushing this to front page. I am contemplating running away from tomorrow
because the bank would surely come knocking. But I fear for my guarantor, who has helped me offset my bills in the past two weeks. He is
regretting even standing for me becuase he too is facing a lot.

Please help a brother in need. Phone: 07060811960, email: emmanuel.udeagha@yahoo.com

Thanks. E go better!!

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by amtaken(f): 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2016
Buhari has killed many businesses for real.

Buhari is a kill-joy.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by erocorp01: 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2016
I pray you find help but if and only if you were not among those shouting change change in 2015, because this change has strangled my 6 million outside and I dont know for sure if I will get paid. So I dont have any sympathy for Chang agents.

I just hope u didn't vote or campaign for change if not the curse I keep for them ....go locate u.

Aside that...

God will surprise you.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by pukena(m): 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
erocorp01:
I pray you find help but if and only if you were not among those shouting change change in 2015, because this change has strangled my 6 million outside and I dont know for sure if I will get paid. So I dont have any sympathy for Chang agents.

I just hope u didn't vote or campaign for change if not the curse I keep for them ....go locate u.

Aside that...

God will surprise you.

I didn't vote because I couldn't get my PVC....so I say amen to your prayer
Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by Zambux(f): 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
pukena:
My name is Emmanuel. I relocated to Lagos in 2011 and have since managed to grow a very vibrant business centre/ Cyber Cafe, one of the
very popular ones in my area, Ijeshatedo, Surulere. Last year, I was so happy to finally pay for a room and parlour accomodation and lightly

However, since the turn of the this 2016, my once boisterously business center has become a shadow of its self...largely due to an
unprecedented drop in power supply in my area and the recent prolonged fuel scarcity.

I had two standby generators that I alternate with NEPA. In January 2016, one of them mysteriously knocked engine leaving me with only
one to work with. Due to the almost zero power supply in Ijeshatedo, Surulere since late February, that one generator works from 8.30am to
10pm daily. That's too much of a generator originally built as a standby to power. But I had no option as my business needs light to generate
income.

Between the month of February through late March, the generator broke down severally, that it gulped in a combined amount of over 30k in
repairs. This affected patronage as customers were not sure if my generator would work or not. I lost quite a lot of them. Power never
improved. Instead, we were being served with increased NEPA bills all those months of darkness. I took a soft loan from AB Micro finance, not
for the first time, in December 2015. It has been a nightmare meeting up with my monthly installments of N35, 250. Sometimes I have to
borrow from friends to pay them. Last month, everybody I knew were facing the heat of the economic challenges. My office assets were
almost confiscated after 2 weeks of defaulting payment (I pay ever 17th of every month) until I miraculously raised the money and paid.

My dilemma is that my only surviving generator, has broken down finally. for weeks its been smoking badly, my engineer said he has to
change the piston and rings, which I have changed more that 2 times this year. It gulps oil like water. I decided I wont waste resources on it
again. I need a new generator, but much more, I need to get thsi bank people off my neck. I can't afford to lose my business to them. I have 3 months remaining to pay them. Power has not improved since. Available cash has run out, I didn't work through this week.

I know this forum is not a medium to ask for assistance. I am even ashamed doing this. But I decided I wont die in silence. Better to get
cautioned by the mods than keep quiet. Who knows if I could get help. I just read of a guy who took to twitter to share his problems about

Please, my sweet mods, don't ban me. You can help me by pushing this to front page. I am contemplating running away from tomorrow
because the bank would surely come knocking. But I fear for my guarantor, who has helped me offset my bills in the past two weeks. He is

Please help a brother in need. Phone: 07060811960, email: emmanuel.udeagha@yahoo.com

Thanks. E go better!!
Your destiny helper will locate u this week In Jesus name.

AMEN...... Back up my signature with faith

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2016
Eh ya! Sorry. It shall be well.
Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by godoluwa(m): 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
vikings007
Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by godoluwa(m): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
o ga o...
Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by aloeman15(m): 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
Sell drinks, pure water and provisions and foodstuff. Buy them on credit.
Rent space out to hairdressers. Buy battery on credit and start cheap computer tutoring with one laptop.
More ideas pls, house.
Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by Pidggin(f): 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
Sorry my brother, most of us who work online have also felt the effect. I buy fuel even if the price is exorbitant.

I suggest you get the smaller generator and invest in an inverter or UPS when you have money. It's not easy
Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
pukena:

income.

Thanks. E go better!!

You may not like this but u can consider it if u wish.

I can relate to your plight but pls you just have to find a way to fix d problem. why not talk with a generator dealer and see if u can reachvan agreement for instalmental payment. dat is still beta dan loosn ur customers or haltn d business. mind you, start thinkn of 'expandn'. Thats all o.
Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by Peachlane: 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
Sope ti e.......some people are worse off bro
Re: How Buhari Killed My Business!! by aloeman15(m): 1:17am On Apr 18, 2016
Bros,
You no go vex.
It might be time to seriously downsize.
That flat must go. Or If you and a friend can share rent, better.
Furnishing wey pass bed and chair na oga be dat o!
Are you renting shop? Work from home tins.
Fix d gen on credit, leave it with the repair man and find a buyer sharpali!
Cancel broadband o! And find buyers for all, repeat ALL your machines, leaving only 2 lapis. Olx, jiji, etc are your best friends now.
With d gen money, buy 1 beta pass + 1 used 1.3kva ups at computer village and you're good to go with your 2 lapis.
Pri and sec school tutorial dvd packages. Even uni courses sef join.
You don turn *correct lesson teacher be dat.
*These mods sef...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Total’s Ofon Field Platform Takes Off / Now You Can Use Iron Or Water Heater Conveniently With Your Small Generator / How To Earn Some Cash Through Yahoo Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.