Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu (9365 Views)

Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me / Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle / Complete List Of Benefits For Using Gtbank *737* Mobile Banking Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by Adesiji77: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
The Nigerian Postal Services will soon introduce banking services to rural areas of Nigeria, Minister of Communications, Adebayo Shittu, has said.

Shittu told the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Abuja, that the banking services would avail Nigerians in rural areas the opportunity to carry out banking transactions.

He said that the Ministry of Communication was making effort to re-position NIPOST to make it vibrant and to diversify its services.

He said that since the commencement of GSM operations in the country, NIPOST had witnessed drop in sales particularly for postage stamp and other services.

The minister told NAN that in its efforts to reposition NIPOST, the ministry had identified some major areas that could be included in the mandate of the service.

He listed some of them to include internet services in all NIPOST locations, introduction of rural banking, property development and e-commerce.

“We are also looking at consolidating the capacity of NIPOST to engage in property development; you will recall that in most communities NIPOST usually has more land than needed.

“So we are seeking private-partnership arrangement with private sector developers to construct and rent out office blocks, malls and even high class residential houses to enable us generate revenue,’’ he said.

Shittu said the ministry was also looking at the possibility of using NIPOST to facilitate e-commerce.

He said that the ministry had finalised arrangement to appoint a new Post-Master General, who is expected to kick start the reforms in NIPOST.

“We have gone through the processes of interview test and new post-master General will soon emerge.

“Once he emerges, the reforms will take off,‘’ the minister said.
http://www.punchng.com/nipost-to-introduce-banking-services-to-rural-areas-shittu/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by ckmayoca: 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
They shld try to manage express postal first before helping ppl with thier money.

14 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 17, 2016
The government of Future tense

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by tohshine(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
NOTED
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by gurunlocker: 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
"will"..... since 22BC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by otokx(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
but why
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by SafetyFirst(m): 7:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
They never do the job wey dem get first, you de drag another one come give dem join.

6 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by ifenadi(m): 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
Okay
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by heryor2(m): 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
Good development undecided

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by dustydee: 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
Good move. They need to start offering a broad range of services.

6 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by zuma4k(m): 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
Enough of the talks, let them begin already... btw i don't believe we are ready for rural banking now.
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by truthspeaks: 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
grin 'we will', 'they will soon',...wch kain future impossible tense govt be dis? And moreover, Nipost dat has nt even served its basic function na im wan begin handle ppl money. Why wld I even trust dis govt of lies n distrust wit my money.

4 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by Whizkeey(m): 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
Aiit
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by dukie25: 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
I thought the Honourable Minister for boko haram affairs have resigned, he's been very quiet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by darocha1: 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
NIPOST
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by darocha1: 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2016
nipost
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by yomalex(m): 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
Good
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by dklex(m): 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
Just like Royal mail in U.K

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by Isoni(m): 7:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
It is hard for Government to manage anything successfully, NIPOST is the most cost effective courier operators in the country but they are not efficient. Imagine I sent few documents through DHL to Dubai at the cost of N12,000 and it got there within a week. I sent the same document using NIPOST at less than N1,000 and it's now 2 weeks i don't even know if the document has left Nigeria. Worst all is that the tracking facility in their website is not working. Now that they want to start a cooperative, If them chop villager money, na to burn their office and their staff join go sure pass.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by Adeshizzy: 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2016
dukie25:
I thought the Honourable Minister for boko haram affairs have resigned, he's been very quiet.

Fool

4 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by yomi007k(m): 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
Worthless NIPOST. Them no fit handle normal luggage, na money dem wan handle.

Shior......

Access neva break my heart 10 years running.

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by ozor1: 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
I've been begging fg to sell nipost to me
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by warrenweste(m): 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
About time
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
eCoMmerce? Can they compete healthily with other heavy weights Wish 'em luck cheesy
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by Pavore9: 8:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
That is good development.
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by kennyman2000(m): 8:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
If only they can look into that ecommerce pay on delivery aspect. There's a huge potentials for them in that aspect if they'll be perfect in that.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by opalu: 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nah their work?
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by Demallcrazy(m): 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
ozor1:
I've been begging fg to sell nipost to me
U get money?
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
I sent an express mail through US postal services which was supposed to be in Nigeria in 4days. Via tracking, I learnt that the mail arrived MMA Lagos but it took NIpost forever to get that freaking mail to PH.

Nipost my a55.angry

1 Like

Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by menxer: 8:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
Like seriously banking and property development?
NIPOST?

They should talk of safe and efficient delivery of packages like USPS, not property development.

NIPOST that took over 3 months to deliver a package that arrived Lagos, from Amazon via USPS, to Uyo?
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by Sunky200: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
i like this initiative,
reviving the sectors that was left to decay due to past government negligencec

but the government have a lot to do in convincing the populace to bank with them
Re: NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu by optimised: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
kennyman2000:
If only they can look into that ecommerce pay on delivery aspect. There's a huge potentials for them in that aspect if they'll be perfect in that.
You are 100% on point.
# Additionally, they should partner with likes of amazon , aliexpress, eBay and develop a concessionary postage fee for online parcels to encourage both domestic and especially foreign trade; a step up from what konga/Jumia is doing.
These are where their strength lies in this modern era.
On Banking, they better partner with CBN/Commercial banks and act as banking agent to all the commercial banks in each of their designated banking postal agencies in the rural areas that they are envisaging. This will make it possible to conduct deposit, withdrawal and delegated banking operations on banks behalf and earning fee for that.
Nipost has failed in banking before. The defunct Federal Savings Bank (FSB) Now acquired by Fidelity Bank

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC, Kogi To Produce 84 Million Litres Of Bio-fuel / CBN holds benchmark interest rate at 12.5% / NETCO Records N4.75bn Profit In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.