Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,712 members, 7,918,192 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:21 AM

Saraki’s Trial: Oyegun Has Vindicated Me – Timi frank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Trial: Oyegun Has Vindicated Me – Timi frank (728 Views)

2019: Oyegun Has Done A Good Job With APC – South-south Leaders / "Video Of SARS Akin Fakorede Hijacking Election Results Has Vindicated Me" -Wike / Forgery Allegation: Court Ruling Has Vindicated Us – Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki’s Trial: Oyegun Has Vindicated Me – Timi frank by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
Saraki’s Trial: Oyegun Has Vindicated Me – Timi Frank

DEPUTY National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress APC, Timi Frank has berated the national chairman of the party, Chief John Oyegun for attempting to influence the outcome of the trial of Senate President, Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal CCT.

Frank said the recent pronouncement of the chairman that the party was prepared to lose the senate presidency implies that the party has already decided Saraki’s fate even before the commencement of the trial.

According to him, Mr Oyegun is only acting out a script by such pronouncements, adding that no organ of the party has met to take any formal position regarding the travails of the Senate President.

The recent interview granted by the Chairman of the APC in some National dailies of yesterday (Sunday 17/04/2016) has again vindicated my position on the crisis rocking the APC, which may finally put to rest the doubt that all is well within the APC. That the chairman of the ruling Party will grant an interview on his personal opinion and asserting it to be the decision of the party, can at best be described as unfortunate and a carefully mapped out plan to rubbish the current trial of the Senate President. It is on record, that there hasn't been any NEC , NWC , BOT or Caucus meeting of the party were such decision was taking to abandon the Senate President to his fate. This move undoubtedly proves once more, that the Chairman is acting on an already prepared script to incarcerate and make the Senate President pay for his disobedience for not adhering to the party's decision in contesting for the seat of the Senate Presidency.

The chairman's position on the current travails of the Senate President in the CCT, is a clear indication that the APC under Chief Oyegun has spoken the minds of all those, that were in doubt that the persecution of the Senate President is and may be politically motivated. Instead of allowing the court to take its course in finding the Senate President guilty, having utilised his fundamental rights as enshrined in our constitution of the legality of his trial at the tribunal, one would have wondered the hurry in Chief Oyegun's assertions. Having said therefore, wouldn't it  be most inappropriate for the Chairman of the ruling party to allow for the trial to commence and for the court to conclude on its findings before hurriedly confirming the position of the party or the President in justifying the current travails of the Senate President as his sole cross to bear. The chairman further emphasised that the party wouldn't mind to loose it's no 3 seat to the opposition PDP. This action as ridiculous as it may sound only goes to confirm that indeed the party may have hit the final nail on the coffin, having taking a position already on the fate of its no 3 man before the conclusion of the verdict of the court in confirming if the senate president is guilty or not. This supposedly hurried speech is another confirmation that an already prepared script is in the offing by those who will stop at nothing in seeing that the Senate President is used as the scapegoat of the Anti Corruption war of this administration. This may very well be in the offing since the Senate President won the seat into the upper legislative chamber, which was seen as a move against the party ab initio.

The chairman must be reminded of the role played by Senator Saraki in the emergence of the ruling party and if Chief Oyegun in all honesty believes that Senator Saraki should  be the scapegoat for the ruling party, owing to his confirmation of bias in the ongoing trial of the senate president, then indeed the chairman has to be reminded that history has its way of repeating itself and reminding those who take it for granted when it beckons.

Furthermore, Chief Oyegun's assertion in the same interview granted Premium Times, where he admitted that I am unable to discharge my functions as the party spokesman because of various interest, only goes to further emphasis my earlier claims that indeed the party is divided within itself. That the seat of the party spokesman is zoned to the North central zone, because of the vacuum created by Lai Mohammed, is laughable as the party constitution itself is clear in the event of a vacuum created by the exit of a substantive officer. The lack of respect to the party's constitution as well as the total disregard to the rule of law in the APC is the sole monster lurking to cause disharmony and disaffection amongst party faithfuls. The various complaints from several state chapters and the turning of deaf ears by the party Chairman is an indication that the chairman is rather busy with being the spokesman of the Party instead of focusing of purposeful leadership in steering the ship of our great party.

Chief Oyegun, must note that every member of the  APC has put in their utmost best in being a part of the party whilst driving the party legacy in all ramifications. Sowing seeds of discord and not attending to pressing divisive party issues is bound to set the ruling party on a collision course.

Admitting in itself that the party wouldn't mind sacrificing the seat of the ruling party for the opposition PDP is to further confirm that the Chairman is set to upset the smooth governance of Mr President, by clamouring for an opposition Senate President to further distract the activities of the present administration.

I therefore wish to stress that the views of the Chairman are solely that of his imagination and should be disregarded by all well meaning Nigerians and party members.

Source: http://.com/sarakis-trial-oyegun-has-vindicated-me-timi-frank/
Re: Saraki’s Trial: Oyegun Has Vindicated Me – Timi frank by omaguibu(m): 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2016
I wonder why the APC decided that their number one soldier (North Central) became a danger to them. President Buhari has abandoned politics completely for governance, but he shouldn't forget this, when a governing party is in crisis, governance he is now interested in will never see a smooth running

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: Oyegun Has Vindicated Me – Timi frank by Pidggin(f): 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
A house consisting of brethrens against themselves shall not stand grin grin
Re: Saraki’s Trial: Oyegun Has Vindicated Me – Timi frank by tuniski: 6:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
omaguibu:
I wonder why the APC decided that their number one soldier (North Central) became a danger to them. President Buhari has abandoned politics completely for governance, but he shouldn't forget this, when a governing party is in crisis, governance he is now interested in will never see a smooth running
U mean he has abandon everything now focused on traveling abi? We are just having a ghost president while the country is comatose!

(1) (Reply)

Ipads shooting movies In Sambisa forest with Boko Haram / My Bank Account Details Would Be Published Before I Leave Office - Osinbajo / Boko Haram Fighters Acquire New Uniforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.