Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,227 members, 7,939,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:45 PM

Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill (10976 Views)

Amendment Of CCB/CCT Act By National Assembly Is Null & Void - Olatunde Bakare / SERAP Drags Senate To UN Over CCT Amendment / Anti CCB-CCT Fliers In Kwara By Momodu & Saraki (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill by bnanzip(m): 8:14am On Apr 19, 2016
And this uneducated reps member wants to even contend with the Attorney General of the Federation.
He even calls Attorney as "Anthony", yet NASS think they are more powerful than Nigerians in all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeGIYHk4FNQ

NASS should be scrap!

1 Like

Re: Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 8:23am On Apr 19, 2016
Chest beating lawyers!
Lawyers that have never won any constructive argument before dragging the distinguish senators to court, and now 60 percent of them will still back step to represent the senators! Yeye people, make una go find work do!
Re: Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill by fejicruz(m): 8:25am On Apr 19, 2016
Section 4(9) of the 1999 Constitution (As Amended) expressly prohibits the making of retrospective legislation in Nigeria.
Even if the Senate passes the Bill, Buhari will not assent. And when the Bill returns to the NASS, the legislooters won't be able to get 2/3 majority vote required for to pass the bill into law.
Re: Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill by Satex(m): 8:28am On Apr 19, 2016
Dannyset:
This is one reason why Saraki is not needed on that seat in the first place. Our Senators now carry the emblem of corruption everywhere they go. What a world!

Even if we can't sue them, they've already been exposed as the face of corruption in Nigerian government.

It's a shame!

You are very correct! They have been exposed and will be exposed like never before. PMB has successfully pitched the masses against the NASS in a very good way. We are not talking politics these days. We are talking corruption and the way forward. I believe Nigeria will change for the better.
Re: Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill by yemite1925: 8:38am On Apr 19, 2016
GWMI:
Shameless Lawyers looking for popularity.Even if Saraki is not a saint, the highest floating of Court orders, human right abuses and other injustice perpentuated by this APC administration are over looked by this lawyers.What a country.This is what we call, misplaced priority.I feel ashame of our nigeria lawyers.Thanks.
Nonsense... Gbam!
Re: Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill by kinibigdeal(m): 9:08am On Apr 19, 2016
Why didn't our lawyers sue the governors that follow Tinubu o CCT or the danladi that keep twisting our laws. Am sure all the lawyer s are from southwest
Re: Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill by Barbie2016(m): 9:52am On Apr 19, 2016
Pls whr d h*ll is d common sense senator.....kindly enlighten us on ds devpt.....!! Radarada
Re: Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 19, 2016
ramdris:
Frankly speaking ehn, the problem of Nigeria kind of democracy is sadly our LEGISLOOTERS...

I BEG TO DIFFER COS THEY DONT JUST WALK IN THERE ND COLLECT CHAIR THEY ARE ALL ELECTED.......STOP ELECTING IDIOTS........THE VOTING PUBLIC IS TO BLAME.

YOU DONT TAKE A PIG TO UR PARLOUR ND DEN EXPECT IT TO BEHAVE CIVILIZED

1 Like

Re: Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill by ramdris(m): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2016
04donjazzy:

I BEG TO DIFFER COS THEY DONT JUST WALK IN THERE ND COLLECT CHAIR THEY ARE ALL ELECTED.......STOP ELECTING IDIOTS........THE VOTING PUBLIC IS TO BLAME.

YOU DONT TAKE A PIG TO UR PARLOUR ND DEN EXPECT IT TO BEHAVE CIVILIZED
Dear Sir, I totally agree with. However we voted dem base on their trust and campaign promises and they are turning out to be great disapointment
Re: Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill by Emmydek(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2016
Amending or not s. 36 sub 8 of 1999 constitution still curtails their intentions.
wailers, even British parliament does not contemplate using such kinds of fraudulent power. With their power "there was end to all "-Baron Montesquieu
Re: Lawyers To Sue NASS On CCB/CCT Amendment Bill by Ifeola1: 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
they av turned dis country to a chop i chop, dy ar going 4 d interest of dem self nt d interest of we masses

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kogi West Youths Back Akanle To Replace Melaye / Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" / Delta Police Arrests Four For Stealing 7,365 Pvcs, Registers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.