Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,746 members, 7,889,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:32 AM

Finances In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Finances In Marriage (969 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / How Do You Manage Your Finances As A Couple? / Coping With Marital Finances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finances In Marriage by farewell: 11:57am On Aug 05, 2009
how do you handle a husband that is not responsibl financially for his children and wife .Even though he is very rich and comfortable and has his three relatives living in the house that he spoils with money every now and then ./?
Re: Finances In Marriage by anochie: 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2009
shocked sad angry cry
Re: Finances In Marriage by sparta(f): 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2009
Please tell us the whole story angry lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Finances In Marriage by Fhemmmy: 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2009
We need to know more to be able to know how to advice.
Re: Finances In Marriage by blandyne(f): 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2009
My parents always tell me to[b] never[/b] allow relatives, whether they are yours or your husband's, to live in the same house with you and your family. Food for thought.
Re: Finances In Marriage by Pittbaby(f): 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2009
simple he is not your husband , he is married to his relatives, keep praying for him and find your own means of livelihood
Re: Finances In Marriage by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2009
Pittbaby:

simple he is not your husband , he is married to his relatives, keep praying for him and find your own means of livelihood

keep praying? or kick him out, or u move out?
Re: Finances In Marriage by Ejadamen(f): 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2009
Fhemmmy:

keep praying? or kick him out, or u move out?
shocked shocked No o! It has not reach that level. I agree on the praying. It really helps. Also she might want to try talking to her husband.
Re: Finances In Marriage by Fhemmmy: 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2009
Ejadamen:

shocked shocked No o! It has not reach that level. I agree on the praying. It really helps. Also she might want to try talking to her husband.

Why not?
Re: Finances In Marriage by Pittbaby(f): 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2009
Why not?

we dont know the full story ,  and what is causing her Husband to act like he his . I don't believe in advocating the break up of a home, especially when i am not in their shoes.

who knows some one might be cooking efor for him, please let madam keep praying and learn to fend for herself and the children in the mean time , financial independence never hurts even if you have to do it one brick at a time
Re: Finances In Marriage by Fhemmmy: 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2009
Pittbaby:

we dont know the full story ,  and what is causing her Husband to act like he his . I don't believe in advocating the break up of a home, especially when i am not in their shoes.

who knows some one might be cooking efor for him, please madam keep praying and learn to fend for yourself and children in the mean time , financial independence never hurts even if you have to do it one brick at a time

even if someone dey cook veggie for him, i am sure, he used his own 2 legs to go to eat the veggie.
Re: Finances In Marriage by Pittbaby(f): 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2009
LOL True talk
Re: Finances In Marriage by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2009
Pittbaby:

LOL True talk

so do u agree with me now that he shd be kicked out?
Re: Finances In Marriage by Pittbaby(f): 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2009
No , again i dont have the full story , so I can not concur
Re: Finances In Marriage by Fhemmmy: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2009
Pittbaby:

No , again i dont have the full story , so I can not concur

ok, we will wait till we get the full low down of the gist, and if i am right, you will change your name to Fhemmmy
Re: Finances In Marriage by Pittbaby(f): 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2009
I will only change my name to my husbands name

In need of help .

what do u do when you have a hubby you feel does not love and appreciate you?

This is the ordel of a woman with kids that the hubby is soooooo tied to his relative's aprons
He has his brother and nephew staying in the house without the consent of the woman yet she never complained up until the younger brother beat her up. The boy later came to apologize and the wife forgave him but told the hubby that the boy has to move out of the house which the husband refused.
Every week at least 2 friends of his from their village too pumps in .So basically there is not privacy at all and he will be in the living room with them till late at night before he enters the bedroom or even sleep with his brothers in the living room as the house is just two bedroom apartment.
Anytime the wife refuses to cook for the brothers he withholds her feeding allowance for weeks and would not even feed his 4 & 2 YEARS children. IT means no money for the wife for weeks or months until he needs sex.
My shock is that his is supposedly a xtian brother from the south west.
Then the brother cooks for the husband and they will move the bed to the living room and sleep together (Husband, brother (27) and Nephew (15).
Once when the hubby told the younger bro to do some work around the house. The bro fought him and almost broke the husbands head so he does not frown again at what the younger bro does . he gets away with everything  EVEN BEATING THE WIFE UP .
Is it true wives cant tell in –laws to leave the house in Yoruba land? The wife even suggested renting an apartment for the boys else where but the hubby does not have the liver to do it.
Now the wife stays in her room with he r kids cos she cant even get o hold the remote control in living room cos it like its glued to the bro in –laws hand.
The hubby always tell her to calm down that its for a while and its gone on for 5 years .
The brother in law controls everything even hold the keys to the new house that the husband is building.
The brother now sleeps with the hubby while the wife sleeps with her kids separately.
Nigerians help! 
Tried bringing pastors in and counselors but the hubby runs from  any body that tried to talk sense into him .
The wife even tried going away from home once for a day but nobody looked for her ad the kids instead the brother went to the marketand started cooking the elder sister too left her husband 's house to come and wash he hubby's clothes.
The wife is gainfully employed.

To shed more light on this topic .

The hubby wants the wife to take the beatings of his brother in good faith and still not say a word in the house. He wants the wife to continue cooking for the brother while the brother does not lift a finge around the house.

The hubby wants the brother to interfere and be in the know on everythingf going on between the couple which the wife frowns upon.So he is torn i between and feels he has come a long way with his brother. So  because the brother and the wife are not in good terms the hubby decides to take the brother side.

Even after the wife was beaten by the bro in law . the hubbby was begging the wife not to tell anybody.So she went ahead to tell relatives since he would not do anything about it. which he did not like.

I hope that answers the question. 
meanwhile if you look at  Farewell's posts she has  created several threads on this issue , including info on Madam's  tyrannical brother -in -law

All I can say is all  members of Oga's family (oga included ) need Psych evaluations . there is some deep rooted issue here . If all posted is true Madam can feel free to leave
Re: Finances In Marriage by Fhemmmy: 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2009
Pittbaby:

I will only change my name to my husbands namemeanwhile if you look at  Farewell's posts she has  created several threads on this issue , including info on Madam's  tyrannical brother -in -law

All I can say is all  members of Oga's family (oga included ) need Psych evaluations . there is some deep rooted issue here . If all posted is true Madam can feel free to leave

You will change your last name to your husband's name.
So change your first name to Fhemmmy, the best name ever
Re: Finances In Marriage by Pittbaby(f): 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2009
Thanks I equally like my first name , and my elder brother is also called Femi so no more room in my family
Re: Finances In Marriage by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Aug 05, 2009
Pittbaby:

Thanks I equally like my first name , and my elder brother is also called Femi so no more room in my family

hahahahahahaha
He is Femi and you will be Fhemmmy, big difference
Re: Finances In Marriage by Pittbaby(f): 6:09pm On Aug 05, 2009
Fhemmy is not your given name grin

(1) (Reply)

The Wedding Test / Help! / Need Some Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.