Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,308 members, 7,943,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

Mobile Phone; A Curse Or A Blessing? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mobile Phone; A Curse Or A Blessing? (531 Views)

Is The Vagina A Curse? / The Day I Almost Died After Checking My Girlfriend’s Phone”- A True Life Story / Survival Of The Curse. A Werewolf Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Phone; A Curse Or A Blessing? by Yourcomrade(m): 12:20pm On Apr 20, 2016
Since the year 2000, the number of mobile phone users across the Nigerian campuses has been increasing a in geometric progression due to the ease at which information is diseminated through various apps and as well aid research in various choosen areas of studies with the help of search engines like google, yahoo, ask, etc.
With the above ascertion, i can hypothetically state that 95% of students of higher institutions of learning accross the country uses mobile phones and i can further hypothesis that 80% out of this 95% uses mobile phones that allow internet access. Based on the above fact, I can theorize that eight in every ten students of the above 80% of students with internet capability in their mobile phones uses two or three social apps for communication among peers.
My operational theory here is that a good percentage of the students across various higher institutions of learning are exposed to internet which is a great blessing given the numerous benefit of internet access ranging from gaining access to various knowledge through research, ease our assignment/term paper writing, gaining informations on recent happenings in our choosen fields of study across the globe, etc.
The question here is that are we actually utilizing the benefit of using internet enabled phones to aid our study or are we maximizing the curse associated with it? Given the increase in the number of social app users like Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Badoo, Skype, etc and majority of the discussion that goes on in those apps contributes less to our various choosen areas of study and the rate at which most mobile phones users lunch their search engine to the rate at which they lunch any of the social apps is on the ratio of 1:5 daily.
It is evident that the hours most students spends on various social apps have out weighed the hours spent in lectures and self studies. It is cryster clear that three in every ten student are most likely to reply a social app message that do not relate to their subject during study and the end result of all these will be a poor academic performance due to the fact that most of the students have acquired a Phd in social app messaging while still struggling for their first degree in their various choosen feild of study which at the end put pressure on the lecturers to paddle the students academic results since no lecturer would love to fail their student while some will invoke the principle of nothing goes for nothing.
Conclusively, i will say that mobile phones is doing our students more harm than good unless we impose a high degree of self discipline in our usage of social apps while utilizing the numeruous benefit associated with them.
Thanks to social apps since i can only communicate this write up through it. –Yourcomrade.
Moderator this is my first time and dont know the right session for this article.
Kindly do the needful

(1) (Reply)

Cobwebs In The Closet / Poem: Nasty Peom / 30 Days Of Poetry Season 2, Day 2, The Zoo Must Fall Part 1(pix Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.