Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,664 members, 7,979,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 04:05 AM

Sahara Reporters : A Blessing Or A Curse? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters : A Blessing Or A Curse? (580 Views)

Who Amongst These 10 Will You Choose As "Man Of The Year"? - Sahara Reporters / Video Of President Buhari's Plane Leaving London Fake - Sahara Reporters / Cabal To Bring President Buhari Back To Nigeria On July 27th - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahara Reporters : A Blessing Or A Curse? by Emmahunk(m): 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
There's always one or two media houses in every Nation that serves genuinely as a watchdog for the people of that Nation.
Unfortunately, here in Africa, especially Nigeria, we have not been so blessed. However, out of the blues, Sahara Reporters emerged. Like or hate them, they have continued to make waves. The latest and the very first of it's kind is curbing the excesses of National Assembly by getting and releasing their personal numbers to the public. Today, less than 48hrs, the amendment of the CCB/T act has been suspended. Wow!
Often I have listened with rapt attention as people argued passionately in favour and against Sahara Reporters. Personally this 21st Century World class journalistic outfit first caught my attention with their short video clips of " keeping it real with Adeolu " {hope I got the name right). Ever since then, they have continued to weigh both sides of the coin in an unbiased and balanced professional investigative journalism.
All these notwithstanding, many believed and still believe that they (Sahara Reporters) tilted the scale in favour of PMB with their in depth investigation and analysis of the mood of the pre election average Nigerian. Little wonder many believed that they are APC's media warhead until it started blasting the same Party.
Undoubtedly, these guys are out for business without minding whose ox is gored.
My fear now is, will they continue like this or will the 'Nigeria factor' catch up with them and turn them into a curse for the Nation?
We are watching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters : A Blessing Or A Curse? by emerged01(m): 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
A blessing to the citizens,a curse to the political office holders.

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters : A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
They've been compromised and most of their activities recently is mainly against PDP.. If they want to clear the doubts of many Nigerians on whether they are true to their work, let them investigate and publish how APC campaign fund was raised and disbursed..

5 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters : A Blessing Or A Curse? by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2016
SR remains the king of investigative journalism as far as this country is concerned. May God bless Omoyele Sowore!

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters : A Blessing Or A Curse? by ki02020(m): 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
A blessing for the Progressive

A curse for the democrats

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters : A Blessing Or A Curse? by OlujobaSamuel: 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
I see them as a blessing to the nation.
there is no one amongst the leading political class that have not been a victim, people only talk about the present, forgotten the fact that tinubu, pmb etc were at one time or the other victim of SR.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters : A Blessing Or A Curse? by duality(m): 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2016
Jungle and skewed journalism, is no journalism.

I need fashola, Buhari and Kachukwu's numbers . If they can't publish it, Then forget it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters : A Blessing Or A Curse? by enlightenedmind: 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
A BLESSING TO THE PEOPLE AND A CURSE TO THE POLITICAL CLASS.

They are favoured towards PMB because i think his govt is the first govt where we can really speak out and get something done.
Re: Sahara Reporters : A Blessing Or A Curse? by K9blunt(f): 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2016
For now they are a blessing but its only time that will tell of they are really a blessing or a curse waiting to expose itself for ulterior motives.

Remember,

Lucifer was an Angel.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO:APC Chieftain,jukaiye Flag Amachree Arrested Over Rivers Election Violence / Lawmakers Urges Buhari To Tame Criminal Activities Of Fulani Herdsmen / Is Saraki Really Been Witchuned!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.