Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,446 members, 7,917,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:10 AM

Is Love The Only Requirement In Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love The Only Requirement In Marriage? (1287 Views)

Poll: Is Love the only requirement for Marriage

Yes: 27% (3 votes)
No: 72% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

What Do Nigerian Girls Love The Most? / Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away / What Is Love All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love The Only Requirement In Marriage? by Christino(m): 1:02am On Nov 15, 2006
I've always known Love to be the driving factor in any relationship. Sometimes it turns out to be lust or infatuation but whatever, not all relationships lead to marriage, but for the lucky ones that sit down and hope to settle down, is there any other factor to be considered?

Love don't put food on the table, love don't pay the bills, should I propose to a girlfriend all because I "Love" her?

Should I look at her character, her background/past, age, maturity, compatibility, consider public opinion and the future or just go ahead since Love is blind and love conquers all? What else should I look at? Wife Credentials?

Please i'm talking about "Marriage" here and not "Dating".

I don't forsee divorce as an option as people from polygamous or broken homes will understand how negative it is towards child upbringing.

Your advice is appreciated - sincerely or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Is Love The Only Requirement In Marriage? by Bosdem(f): 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2007
Its not usually all about love; understanding, intelligence, caring, maturity, compatibility also plays major role
Re: Is Love The Only Requirement In Marriage? by Joey82(m): 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2007
Bosdem:

Its not usually all about love; understanding, intelligence, caring, maturity, compatibility also plays major role

understanding+intelligence+caring+maturity+compatibility=LOVE
In all it is love that matters, every other thing is secondary and comes out of the love
Re: Is Love The Only Requirement In Marriage? by ssRhino: 3:14pm On Oct 17, 2007
Love is not the only requirement oh, cos i am sure the wife wont take love go market go buy meat and fish, so money and so much other stuff is needed oh.
Re: Is Love The Only Requirement In Marriage? by almondjoy(f): 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2007
Ask married people and you will get a unanimous answer.  Single people can guess at the requirements of marriage but can never understand the "requirments of marriage" till you have worked in those shoes.

ANSWER:-----------------------------------------NO!
Re: Is Love The Only Requirement In Marriage? by Busta(f): 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2007
Nope!

it is however one of the many ingredients of a successful marriage.

(1) (Reply)

Must A Man Sleep With His Girls Friend To Show Her He Loves Her? / Too Much / What Is The Diffrence Between Love And Passion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.