Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,209 members, 7,873,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day (25798 Views)

FG Awards Oil Block License To Ondo For Bitumen Exploration / El-rufai Signs Mou With Chinese Firms For 80,000-barrels Per Day Refinery(photos / ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by HCF(m): 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
ajoskele:

First and foremost, no state has the right to exploration and exploitation without FG involvement.

Secondly, the company Liquefied Resources, a coy based in Spring, Texas as at this time yesterday had no functional website, no project completed etc. When we cried out about the lies and fraud in this, the website developer of AAUA(Ondo state uni) hurriedly hosted one site for the company. As a matter of fact, the coy was registered in February 2012.

However, Thomas Elard Cooley, the acclaimed President of the coy, is a Houston-based 75year old man with no track record of exploration and exploitation of any mineral resources. The LinkedIn account of the Nigerian Subsidiary MD, Tony Amechi James, says he has been with the coy since 2006. A company registered 2012, just four years ago! Hmmmm

We have been fooled two times. This time around, Ondo people are saying no to iroko. A wild tree lives in the wild!!

I really understand your paranoia about Mimiko; Over d years, Mimiko has proven and has continued to prove to be a very cunning and mischievous Politician.

However, on this issue of exploitation and exploration of Bitumen, the Federal Government has indeed given states the go-ahead to do such, IN PARTNERSHIP with PRIVATE INVESTORS. Before now, the solid minerals was on the exclusive legislative list, but now it is on the concurrent list...though, the constitution has not been amended to that effect.

But, whether the private investor invited by the Ondo State Government is genuine or not I can't say....

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Edmen(m): 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
ajoskele:
Some of us just come on Nairaland to type anything just to make front page. Please if you do not have detailed information about things, try to find out.

First and foremost, no state has the right to exploration and exploitation without FG involvement.

Secondly, the company Liquefied Resources, a coy based in Spring, Texas as at this time yesterday had no functional website, no project completed etc. When we cried out about the lies and fraud in this, the website developer of AAUA(Ondo state uni) hurriedly hosted one site for the company. As a matter of fact, the coy was registered in February 2012.

However, Thomas Elard Cooley, the acclaimed President of the coy, is a Houston-based 75year old man with no track record of exploration and exploitation of any mineral resources. The LinkedIn account of the Nigerian Subsidiary MD, Tony Amechi James, says he has been with the coy since 2006. A company registered 2012, just four years ago! Hmmmm

Mimiko and his boys have really dealt with us. The deceit and recklessness is killing us. They could not even package their 'robbery' well. A certain Adesanya Abayomi wrote on ODSG website the coy is from Canada on 19th and America the second day.

We have been fooled two times. This time around, Ondo people are saying no to iroko. A wild tree lives in the wild!!
thank you..I was about asking this same question....All natural resources whether in borno or kafachan belongs exclusively to the federal government...except of course the federal is aware of this development. .
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by pepigeorge(m): 12:20pm On Apr 21, 2016
Mendelssohn:

Ondo state is also a Niger delta state and the fifth largest producer of crude oil. It is noteworthy that the crude isn't controlled by the state government.
u re very correct
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by lacreamieboie(m): 12:21pm On Apr 21, 2016
I rep Ondo State!
When Is the Miss Nairaland contest coming up??
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by ajoskele(m): 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
HCF:

First, l really understand your paranoia about Mimiko; Mimiko has proven and continued to prove to be a very cunning and mischievous Politician.

However, on this issue of exploitation and exploration of Bitumen, the Federal Government has indeed given states the go-ahead to do such, IN PARTNERSHIP with PRIVATE INVESTORS. Before now, the solid minerals was on the exclusive legislative list, but now it is on the concurrent list...though, the constitution has not been amended to that effect.

But, whether the private investors invited by the Ondo State Government is genuine or not I can't say....
Until it is amended then...

These are not real investors. The state government claims the investors will outrightly pay for the whole process without counterpart funding. A whooping $150million dollars!
A company registered in Texas four years ago but has his Nigerian MD working for them since 2006!
Could you please find time to check the company's website? Their records? Financial strength? Jobs completed? Just try.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Heavensmi(m): 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
ajoskele:
Some of us just come on Nairaland to type anything just to make front page. Please if you do not have detailed information about things, try to find out.

Mimiko and his boys have really dealt with us. The deceit and recklessness is killing us. They could not even package their 'robbery' well. A certain Adesanya Abayomi wrote on ODSG website the coy is from Canada on 19th and America the second day.

who is fooling who
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by ajoskele(m): 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
Edmen:
thank you..I was about asking this same question....All natural resources whether in borno or kafachan belongs exclusively to the federal government...except of course the federal is aware of this development. .
The MOU was signed with no presence of any FG official. Only Mimiko, his boys, the two Cooley brothers and their Nigerian fellow con artist, Tony Amechi John.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Abagworo(m): 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
Corruption fighting back.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by damilove(m): 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
ajoskele:
Google is your friend, sir. Any pronouncement made by any FG official might be a work in process.

Next time sir, try and include something like https://ng.boell.org/2015/06/04/not-all-glitters-nigerias-bitumen-story

It won't benefit anyone to just read your contribution, ending it with a bash at the governor with such a statement as "This is an attempt to sell a spoilt name" who would that benefit? I don't think this is the purpose of the topic.

I've learnt in my life that using every opportunity to point accusing finger even when unnecessary would not solve problems (current Nigerian government's mentality, though that's reduced a bit recently)grin

By nature, most people playing "saints" in the current government would do worse if they're allowed by the man in the helm of affairs.

***Please note that I'm not one having interest in politics. Just being objective***

1 Like

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by larryUG(m): 12:46pm On Apr 21, 2016
Beremx:
nice one! no more dependence on oil revenues.
I bet u dont know what bitumen is, its a class of petroleum known as 'Heavy oil'. it is still Oil
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
ajoskele:
Really?

Moreso, Ondo government would not pay a dime for the whole process. They claim the American company will dole out $150million. Imagine!!

Most of this states are not intrested in investing for exploration,they just want the money.I'm quite sure the state would not get money for the value of the products explored,they probably gave the company licence to perform exploration for years.So many of our minerals are already being illegally explored all over the country,without the govt receiving any cash,anyway.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
FG should allow state govts to explore the natural resources in the domain. The question now is, will it be a national cake just like the Oil.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by emmanuelajayi(m): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
the journey of a thousand mile starts with a good step...
omenka:
A grain of rice doesn't fill the bag or tip the scales but it helps.

Hope other states follow suit.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by seangy4konji: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
I can swear to you that it's just a play to collect billions of doars again in loan on behalf of the state from some world bank or Fg and not one spoon of bitumen wi leave the state leaving them in more lifelong debts.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Ahasuerus2(m): 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
Good
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Lisaint(m): 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
Never trust a
#Mimiko
And also never trust an

#Iroko

The man cunny die..

I rep AAUA
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by NovusHomo(m): 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2016
superstar1:
Bitumen and Oil in Ondo.

Gold, tourism and crop production in Osun.

Industrial revolution in Ogun

Food production in Oyo

Financial and commercial nerve centre in Lagos

Crop production and tourism in Ekiti.

It can only get better for the blessed land of Oduduwa.

Add MARBLE in Igbetti, Oyo State.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Abimloaded(m): 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2016
ORACLE1975:
Mimiko dey work APC dey cry

I remain loyal to PDP

which is why the idiat is owing a 5 month salary in Ondo state.... I'm no APC but this man is not worth the value u gave him.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by ccchris(m): 2:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
Finally a project I carried out in the quality and quantity of agbabu bitumen is coming to past..,nigerias waste potential
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Bre(f): 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
Beremx:
nice one! no more dependence on oil revenues.

So you don't know what Bitumen is?
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by codedguy1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2016
so now every other state can explore its natural resources and the fed govt will continue to explore the oil in the ND region and share the proceeds to all and sundry. is the bitumen not a resource that shud be explored, sold or used like the oil and the proceeds brought to the fed acc for sharing?

i have also noticed that states govts are closing deals with other countries for goods and services eg building/investing the farming and some industries.

is the bitumen not a natural resource like the oil in the ND?

true federalism where a state owns every resource found in the state, is explored by their partnership with any local of foreign investor and tax paid to the fed is what we need now. it seems we are gradually leaning towards that but the oil in the ND would still belong to the fed govt.

SMH for the ND leaders.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Bre(f): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
ajoskele:

Chai! People like you just give me hope for Nairaland commenters. I give honour where due, and your thoroughness and intelligence certainly deserves much more.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
xharder:
At the end, most of the proceedings will go to abuja and peanut will be given to the state and nothing to host community after their soil amd enviroment has been destoryed....

The pain of being from resource producing community.

True. If lagos was getting even 13% of port revenues, its revenues will be double what it is currently. 100% of that is remitted to the federal government. The good thing is that these companies pay taxes to the state and mop up some of the unemployed, which is a good thing.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by mideactive: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
Mimiko @ it agin,over 3years now no show.Election is near govt.Magic everywer.it's only a monkey dat'l fall 4 dis
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by yesboss20(m): 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
A good move on paper, quite laudable but I only pray it yields tangible results in the community and state at large. Our 21st century public office holders keep creating innovative schemes to outsmart everybody and consume themselves in effect.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by odehman: 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2016
superstar1:
Bitumen and Oil in Ondo.
Gold, tourism and crop production in Osun.
Industrial revolution in Ogun
Food production in Oyo
Financial and commercial nerve centre in Lagos
Crop production and tourism in Ekiti.
It can only get better for the blessed land of Oduduwa.
omo na mental case
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by itstpia8: 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
mideactive:
Election is near govt.Magic everywer.it's only a monkey dat'l fall 4 dis

election things.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by paycash: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
Election is near 419 agenda also rise.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Bondesniger(m): 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2016
this why politics is getting ridiculous in the state.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by CookieBrown: 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
kingzizzy:

As the say in Nigeria "I get an before no be property"

The modern day Yoruba man cannot live without 'one Nigeria' and that renders whatever claim they have greatness null and void since greatness is all about being independent.

Yet from your ip address , you are currently living in a SW state and your ppl troop in mass numbers to the same SW. Remeber that brown rusty roof ancient part of Ibadan? Guess who some of the tenants are? Hm i wonder whos fooling who.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by aleshmotors: 4:38pm On Apr 21, 2016
Fake news, fake govt,i stay in ore,ondo state,it is few kilometre frm bitumen site,all ds news come up because of d local govt electin dey conduct on 23 ds month nd about d light we av being in total darknes for almost 2 year now nd no singl sign of any official workn on all d already colapse poles. Fake news
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by tarekamos: 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
hisgrace090:
Yes this is good, Resource control loading.

Mimiko and lies. Bitumen is under the control of Federal Ministry of Solid Minerals Devt hence Ondo state could not have signed any MOU with any investor. It is only Federal Govt that can do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Confirms Anambra’s Status As Oil Producing State / Bad State Of Ariaria International Market In Aba After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.