Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,967 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:06 AM

Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs (39444 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / FG Recovers 40 New SUVs, Other Vehicles From Perm Sec - Lai Mohammed / Senate: New Twists Place PDP In Driving Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by Wizy001(m): 4:13pm On Apr 21, 2016
I just like Mr Common Sense
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by TrebleChamp(m): 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
Sunnycliff:

Can his lone voice make a change when it's a game of numbers in the NASS?
Did you read any twitter post from him condemning the propose purchase of the SUV's before it was eventually bought? Why is he coming out now to tweet about rejecting it. This declaimer is just another publicity stunt after the negative reactions that trail the purchase of the SUV's by the senate..
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by tarekamos: 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2016
chukwudi44:

He is making common sense

Before nko Chukwudi44? You have never disappointed me, exactly what i expect from you.
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by TrebleChamp(m): 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
Reference:

His party is the minority and by the way since when did you guys love the opposition. It is an APC controlled house, a PDP senator is taking a stand and he is being castigated and the APC senators collecting theirs are going free. What a twister. Do you guys want the cars or not. If you don't reply his question and ask your rep....if you dare.
Did you read any twitter post from him condemning the propose purchase of the SUV's before it was eventually purchased? Where was he when NLC and civil society groups were condemning the fraudulent purchase? Why is he coming out now to tweet about rejecting it? This declaimer is just another publicity stunt after the negative reactions that trail the purchase of the SUV's by the senate. You better open your eyes my guy, senator don't care about party affiliation when it comes to collecting bogus bonuses and looting constituency allowances. Polithiefcians are who they are, polithiefcians..
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by Omonigeriarere: 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
chukwudi44:
I am sure Remi Tinubu did not reject her own SUV!!! what a greedy woman

Is your paymaster not the leader of the House? If he likes, let his distribute trailers to Legislators, justice awaits him.
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by arsenal33: 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
thatiboboy:

His decision alone or vote cannot stop the purchase. Remember majority carries the vote.

At least people will know his stance on the issue
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by Omonigeriarere: 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
[s]
Sanchase:
We must commend Bruce for his actions to openly go against all senators and reject a gift which others foolishly accepted yet these other senators portray themselves as agents of a better Nigeria.

This will tell you the length of struggle required to re-build Nigeria.
[/s]

Commend Bruce for rejecting the brand of the vehicle, but not the price and the illegal vehicle purchased?

1 Like

Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by tundex145: 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2016
mr common sense no they give us leg-over u claim to do proudly in naija but your book was not published in nigeri. mr common sense cannot review how much he earnsas a senetor.#SCRAB THE SENATE
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by Omonigeriarere: 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
AfroKnight:
Now, I salute you. This is commendable

Commendable for rejecting the brand of the Jeep or the Jeep itself? I laugh in Swahili.....

He was there when the illegal purchase of the jeep was been deliberated, approved and bought: now he wants Innoson's brand and it is commendable in your thinking.

You guys sha.
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by Norajones(f): 4:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
chukwudi44:

exactly. And common sense is not common
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by AfroKnight: 4:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Commendable for rejecting the brand of the Jeep or the Jeep itself? I laugh in Swahili.....

He was there when the illegal purchase of the jeep was been deliberated, approved and bought: now he wants Innoson's brand and it is commendable in your thinking.

You guys sha.

Bro, I don't really like this man but this decision of his is commendable. They are all entitled to official vehicles during their tenure. It is good that he has decided to go cheaper and what's more, he prefers a Nigerian brand.

This is a good one from him at least for now. He would be easily voted down whenever he speaks against something that appeals to the selfish desires of other senators. That's a no-brainer. Rejecting it is still a good step.

Only the first batch has been delivered,l. When the others arrive and we find out that he still picked a land cruiser then we can call for his head.
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by VajanahDischaj(f): 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
chukwudi44:

no proper ventilation in silverbird Abuja.

see as the whole place has been hot like an oven. even the cinema halls are like rooms wey guys don use do groupies.
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by chinuz(m): 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
To me .. Even if its for election purposes thumbsup to him. And those asking why he didnt stand against it .. U cannot put 1or 2men against 107 greedy ass politicians. He jst asked for one made in Nigeria dont see why anybody should hate on this. #Common Sense
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by aresa: 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
chukwudi44:

So, the no common sense twitter finger senator only operates and functions based on Remi Tinubu's decisions in the Senate?

He has no dann mind of his own?

Even the followers sef no get common sense..
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by miteolu(m): 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
Mr. common sense

In case if you dont need SUVs but you want accounting software visit: www.onyxdynamics.com

Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by DedeNkem: 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ben Bruce or whatever you called yourself. Does giving you a Nigerian made SUV makes it alright that you corrupt senators are busy sharing SUVs on top of fleets of cars you all have, while 70% of Nigerians are perishing in poverty?!

How is it right? How? Why are Nigerians tolerating all these thieves?

1 Like

Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by aresa: 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

You guys sha.

You think he was there during deliberation? How can you be on Twitter spewing rubbish and be on the Senate floor deliberating at the same time?
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by dozzybreezy(m): 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
ruggedboy01:
T.A orji will be flexing his own Suv by now grin grin

that man is evil and full of corruption

may chukwu abiama strike him

He is a very greedy fellow! He wil decompose alive!!!
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by DealZ(m): 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
Sometimes it burst my head how a senator of the federal republic of naija will be borderd or disturb whether or whether not to accept a toyota suv, car dats everywhere like pure water n even civil servants hav, even our celebs drive more luxury cars...haba in dis country dat senator status means ur a billionaire...measly thinking is a sickness
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by femmysin(m): 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
queenoflafia:

Common indeed

Common sense not common at all
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by Adebowale89(m): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
@op, he didnt collect d SUV. So what happened after
You&bruce need some rapid growning. The twittelature man!
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by ekeneidiagbor: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]Bro, we need people with "uncommon sense" grin grin grin in that house.
Where was he when the house purpose on the said cars? Where was he when the fund for the cars was appropriated? Now that the cars had arived u now get the gut to spew your trash again. So u want them to ship the cars back to oversea?
Hmmmmm, sorry to say this, his sense is too casual too confined and too common.
[/size]

stop talking foolishly, do you think the purchase of those cars is presented like a bill for house deliberations?? the National Assembly management takes care of that..

y are you killing yourself for a Senator that is representing his own people.. what has your own Senator done to better your constituency talkless of his region...
if other senators were like him there would be no need for such wasteful spending..
you criticised the purchase of SUVs, yet you see someone who by his actions condemns it.. you are calling for his neck...

your problem is endemic... you don't even know what you want.... retard
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by obynaDmob(m): 7:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
The only suv i will accept is the one made in Nigeria (the price doesnt matter, as long as it is made in nigeria grin )
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by teebell999(m): 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2016
chukwudi44:
Ben Murray-Bruce ‏@benmurraybruce · 13h13 hours ago

Shouldn't the question be where was YOUR senator? I made my constituents proud by my decision. What did yours do?

https://mobile.twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/722878663348191232

Hypocrite!!! was is your Senators that asked you to go and print d journals u launched few months ago at US? was there no any better printing company in Naija anymore? guy, stop deceiving yourself and get lost.
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by aresa: 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
ekeneidiagbor:

stop talking foolishly, do you think the purchase of those cars is presented like a bill for house deliberations?? the National Assembly management takes care of that..

y are you killing yourself for a Senator that is representing his own people.. what has your own Senator done to better your constituency talkless of his region...
if other senators were like him there would be no need for such wasteful spending..
you criticised the purchase of SUVs, yet you see someone who by his actions condemns it.. you are calling for his neck...

your problem is endemic... you don't even know what you want.... retard

The fact that other people put the rubbish together this or that way didn't take away his voice or rights to object or speak up..

Just like he sat, looked the other way or too busy on Twitter talking rubbish when they slashed funds for 2nd niger bridge and completely eliminated Lagos calabar railway ..

Baseless excuse and argument..
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by ihearYou(m): 8:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
chukwudi44:

Where was Ben Bruce when our rail project was removed?
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by jayrager(m): 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2016
ruggedboy01:

LOL
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by Segadem(m): 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
ekeneidiagbor:

My father's problem is endemic... I don't even know what i want.... retard
[size=14pt]i can't agree less[/size]
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by j1mmy: 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
but he never rejects the huge salary and expenses of Nass that cost nearly 25% of nijja budget - hypocrite
Re: Ben-murray-bruce Rejects Senate's new SUVs by ernecy(m): 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
ruggedboy01:

Amen!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Bala Mohammed Recovers, Tests Negative / Umahi: There Is Nothing Like Unknown Gunmen, The Killers Are Our People / ‘APC Used Me’ – Comedian, Mr Jollof Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.