Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,945 members, 7,922,335 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 02:45 AM

Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? (8117 Views)

"76" Movie: Rita Dominic,Ramsey Nouah, Ibinabo Fiberesima, Chidi Mokeme Staring / Rita Dominic, Eniola Badmus At The Giama Awards 2015 / Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by wakagirl: 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2009
waterworks:

couldnt be said any better.

but on a more serious note Dbanj should have put more attention to detail jeez!!! 'this is my mansion anything can happen' hopping all about like a market man[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font].  dont even get me started with the eviction show. pls is 'the contestants put thier back into it' the onlyexpression that woman knows?? for every task? for every show? and pls wat is up with the way the contestant are evicted? the ideal woman should be graceful and in turn shown grace so what the hell is 'pack ur bags a car is waiting of you outs side or 'thats the door'. if they are contesting to be the ideal woman surely they were more ideal than all the others who bought the forms? nigerians are so dull sometimes i swear.
eniways rita should win sha if it depends on the votes. he should do it to appease the masses. the others will get over it. but if he vexes the masses? they will never get over it oh!

Education should always come before money, quite important and helps a lot.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Naijagirly(f): 8:13pm On Aug 07, 2009
Her case is just like that of "Cherise" of BBA house, By jass or voters sympathy she go win
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by bmenanyam(f): 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2009
She is very funny and she will make a very good comedian.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by seunbballo(m): 9:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
@PITTBABY So it is now a sin to use Fork and Knife DID UR GRAND PARENTS USE FORK AND KNIFE! LOL
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nija4Life(m): 10:07pm On Aug 07, 2009
@Seunbballo DID UR GRAND PARENTS USE FORK AND KNIFE! LOL

Hilarious! It's not a sin to use fork and knife but not for garri and soup. It's really annoying, when I see Nigerians do it
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by tayoast(m): 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2009
Rita Rita.

I'm trying 2 inagine wat it 'll be like if she did win.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by topup: 11:57pm On Aug 07, 2009
Someone mentioned that 'Dbanj' and 'ideal african woman' don't go together, and their right!! One of the show's unstated missions surely should have been to convince us that Dbanj deserved such a woman AND he could handle one, but the match just doesn't work.

The whole show just seems very confusing. .
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 08, 2009
abeg mistake or not - i want the girl to win and tag along as dbanjs kokolet for one year

can you imagine the soundbites when shes taking the cash prize and car etal grin grin
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by loisnewton(f): 1:05am On Aug 08, 2009
i've heard loads about the show but havn't had time to watch.well from what has been said about rita so far,it pretty much seems to me that she doesn't deserve to win the title.people,let's be realistic and shove sentiments to the back burner,one being able to express oneself is a vital tool in relating to people and conveying one's idea as correctly as possible without giving room for misunderstanding.

if Rita were to win and could not afford to express herself in public especially at the international scene,what impression would we as a country be giving out to the rest of the world.let's face it,you only have one chance to make a first impression and as i see it,Rita does not have enough qualities in her arsenal to represent the rest of the 140,000,000(one hundred and fourty million)people in nigeria.

im open to criticism. wink cool
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by udeycraze1(m): 1:23am On Aug 08, 2009
I laugh in spanish at this depraved mentality. Whats the big deal in using fork and knife to eat?I use fork n knife in ma apt 24/7 n when am out with 9ja friends, they keep going on about forming. It's called personal preference, DUH!
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Pataki: 1:24am On Aug 08, 2009
I am not interested in that show, never sat down to watch it and would not even be bothered to watch the grand finale to it.

However, I have seen video clips of this Rita girl on facebook and youtube, and her English language expression is appalling.

Astonishingly, the flipside truth is that the organisers of this show can use this, as a PR stunt. The pertinent question to ask is that; (which is apparent from what majority of the posters have stated here) are we discriminating against the under-privileged in our society so glaringly to the whole wide world? Who says a local dog cannot be an international champion?!

Rita is a true example of a Nigerian, who is still denied the basic right to quality education (sadly the truth). Except this show was created with utmost bias to some sects (which is indeed a true reflection of our society), I am of the utmost belief, that Rita deserves to win, as she projects an African woman who can make it, if all dedication is given to it.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by EPOMA(m): 1:34am On Aug 08, 2009
I feel sorry for Rita, she really represents Nigeria and its educational system and I think we should all get out of this silly believes that not speaking good English is good enough reason for the person to be written off. I wonder if a German girl was in the room with bad English, if we could have still talked down on  her.
  My blame goes to the programme producers who could have collected millions for the audition and could not spot her weakness.Also the theme of the programme does not represent a true Nigerian woman, most  Nigerians  would want to marry a home  professional girl and not  a kokolette
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Moonstone(f): 1:36am On Aug 08, 2009
I absolutely cannot stand Koko Mansion. I love D'banj but that show is a complete mess. It's a mockery of Big Brother - only with desperate girls.

@ Pataki, where are you o?! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by whiteroses(f): 1:45am On Aug 08, 2009
i think the whole show is rubbish i spit on it, you lot just watch it because we are just looking forward to nigeria coming up with dating /reality shows and unfortunately this is what we have, some of them girls are ass wipe they dont deserve to be on TV i know girls from are area with better quality and character, aren't they mostly under 21? where are all the grown and sexy girls at this little ones are embarassing embarassed but hopefully when they come out they'll have better lives cos fame brings oppourtunity the Rita you are laughing at might be a news presenter/caster lipsrsealed
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by GooseBaba: 2:09am On Aug 08, 2009
Rita is a true Africa woman , no wig or extension or horse tail and the babe still represent "SEXY", cool

kokolette or not u no fit learn her figure 8 Na God give am, English language on the other hand that Na small thing, she sabi read!
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by whiteroses(f): 2:15am On Aug 08, 2009
GooseBaba:

Rita is a true Africa woman , no wig or extension or horse tail and the babe still represent "SEXY", cool

kokolette or not u no fit learn her figure 8 Na God give am, English language on the other hand that Na small thing, she sabi read!
lol if you like her base on no weave and extensions that is not good o how about her confidence joke and others, cos i dont use weave either as my hair is full of body and luscious does that mean i'm true african undecided she obviously could not afford or maintain weave or prefer short hair none of those natural hair bullocks move me tongue
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by GooseBaba: 2:32am On Aug 08, 2009
@whiterose, U see urself u attributed her natural sexiness to being poor and cannot afford to buy wig, She has more confidence that most women and not only that her jokes are sweet and super funny, hmmmm it depends on who is listening, Rita shows Ur NL sisters how it done.

We learn new things everyday so the so called English you guys praise and worship is not a big deal, besides Ur miss universe and dem dem they are kokolette too, No grown and sexy girls inside, Na presentation cause am. grin
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by whiteroses(f): 2:37am On Aug 08, 2009
shioor goosebaba why do you always have to be so logical but cos someone have natural hair doesnt mean they are true african
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by GooseBaba: 2:56am On Aug 08, 2009
My dear Whiterose u have to understand we r talking about one lovely Rita babe in a masion with 24 hours electricity , that one somebody said was a biggest mistake, can u believe that? Yes i agree with u correct babe with short sexy hair does not contract as true African. however, u must understand that her African attributes has being ignored and overshadowed by her inability to vomit another man language fluent. Go toe to toe with Rita when it comes to Pigin English I am sure some people will lack the connecting verbs and adjective that will level the equilibrium of knowing how to slangatish communal pigin as a whole. u get me. smiley
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by whiteroses(f): 3:05am On Aug 08, 2009
GooseBaba:

My dear Whiterose u have to understand we r talking about one lovely Rita babe in a masion with 24 hours electricity , that one somebody said was a biggest mistake, can u believe that? Yes i agree with u correct babe with short sexy hair does not contract as true African. however, u must understand that her African attributes has being ignored and overshadowed by her inability to vomit another man language fluent. Go toe to toe with Rita when it comes to Pigin English I am sure some people will lack the connecting verbs and adjective that will level the equilibrium of knowing how to slangatish communal pigin as a whole. u get me. smiley
i think i have time for you tonight so lemme school you.
your Rita is not enthusiastic at all very lazy and does not care enough to learn correct english so shes strugling now, this is 2009 a 19 years old girl should be able to speak correct english, so she doesnot deserve much cos she's not enthusiastic and not willing to learn i'm sure she enjoys speaking locally and does not make effort to improve, i know her type very well and i know she has potential but she's not making advantage of it, did you watch the part her and bidemi went out with dbanj, how she acted broke my heart lol i've met dbanj twice in london i know hes hot but she should be able to brace herself better
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by GooseBaba: 4:09am On Aug 08, 2009
The key statement "u met Kokomaster in London twice for that matter", meaning u have traveled and have seen what your so called rich people use to shakara we small guys. it turns out it's not a big deal. Now she is 19 can't afford her education and you think polishing her English is her first piority. Don't get me wrong she can do better we all can. but,is it not the same Nigeria that Uni graduates can not speak the English language properly. we class our fellow naijanite fellow Africans according to the language of another country and condem our own. Now I guarantee you if she wins and represent naija from any angle do u think Americans of Britons would criticize her for not speaking that their language properly, or it is not your wanna bees "Nigerian we sabi English well well" that would be the first to throw her to he dogs.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by bluespice(f): 4:36am On Aug 08, 2009
can we atleast put a face to this argument?
some of us are not opportuned to watch the show at all
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by GooseBaba: 4:55am On Aug 08, 2009
okay check out her African attribute take style forget English,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcP_PG6Hn-k
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by GooseBaba: 5:10am On Aug 08, 2009
Okay see Pictures, check out Rita " SIMPLICITY" look at the others, falsifying identity with wig and what not, Abegiiiii Rita you TOO MUCH!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdNX3OhM6Zo
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by preeye: 8:33am On Aug 08, 2009
i honestly think its a class act on Rita part,yes truly she cant speak a complete sentence in English,yes she had some challenges caused by her enviroment,economic etc,but still she is over doing everthing,actually cant stand her,if she was just real then i cld ve bin on her side,but yeah its a possibility that she might jst win,cos it seems like alot of Nigerians relate with her on diff levels.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by olabukola: 9:35am On Aug 08, 2009
The only thing i like about Dbanj is that his song in Abia state or somewhere in ibo. I like the song die, play it in Utube all the time.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by lightest(m): 11:10am On Aug 08, 2009
And the winner is Rita.

Yes Rita, why are so many people particular about Rita's english. Have you all forgotten Jay Jay Okocha, Kanu Nwanko and so many like that that are now international idols. Where did they start?  Am so much sure that if Rita is allowed the opportunity, she will be far better in her spoken and writing english than so many of you in this forum that had the opportunity years ago. Abeg, lets be focus and forget setimnents.  Dbanj has tried, he will still improve and don't forget this the so called God's own country was not build in a day it started gradually. Moreso, we are all improving day by day so does Rita. GIVE RITA A CHANCE TO PROVE TO THE WHOLE WORLD THAT NIGERIANS CAN BE BETTER IF GIVEN THE CHANCE. God bless Nigeria
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by pappilo(m): 11:21am On Aug 08, 2009
I dont watch Koko mansion but my madam has told me a lot about this Rita and I have also seen a few clips of the girl. The only thing people have against the girl is that she cant speak English but no one can argue against the fact that the guy has unrivaled confidence. If that girl attends an interview for a job she,ll get it before most of her critics. By the way, how many of our so called footballing ambasadors can speak english better tha Rita, them Kanu, Okocha e.t.c.? The only reason we accept these people is because they are multi-millionaires. Naija people can sabi worship money!
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by pappilo(m): 11:24am On Aug 08, 2009
@ lightest.

What are the chances? I did not see your post before replying and after posting mine I saw yours. what are the chances that 2 people probably in different parts of the world would be thinking along the same lines and post similar responses on the same forum at around the same time. Abi you be my unknown twin?
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 08, 2009
Whats the big deal about eating eba with a fork and knife? Anyone having issues with it has some esteem issues, people can make their choices. Well I won'e be surprised if Rita wins, because most Nigerians will always vote for the underdog, since any woman that speaks well, and has poise is said to be "forming". After hearing her presentation on 'Jass' and 'Demons'. I do not think she embodies what Dbanj was looking for in the show. And I do not think I want the outside world to think that Rita represents the Nigerian woman, because she doesn't, Oh wait, the "correct" babes wouldn't be on that show at all!
But sha, I wish her the best in life!
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by lightest(m): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2009
@ Pappilo

Thats why the provebs that say " procastination is a thief of time" and there is this film that i watched a long time ago "the good, the bad and the ugly" there is this in the film that says "if you want to shoot, shoot and don't talk" we might have somethings in common anyway. is my pleasure your view came in after mine and almost at the same time. atleast it shows that not all NL are sleeping with thier heads in the same place. Hope she wins and I pray she wins so that she can afford the luxury of schooling abroad and she will be able to show the critics that she's made of stuff.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by maedan(f): 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2009
Rita fans don't understand that nobody hates her because of her poor communication skills. She is 19, lacks exposure(when they were given that culinary task, she was looking cluelessly and dazed as the governess talked about canapes, five course meals and desserts. Una wan kill am!?! grin).

Also, babe can't even dance(the simplest, coolest thing any respectable lady should know how to do tongue) and let's face it, she is far too young and her winning might burst her too quickly into the showbiz world and to me, she's not ready: physically, psychologically and mentally.

Reaching the top three should be a great enough achievement for a girl who was once kicked out of school for her inability to pay her fees. She made it this far, her fans - and Rita herself - should be satisfied with that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is DSTV Swapping Decoders For A New Brand? / Goldie & Denrele Launch 'Tru Friendship' Reality Show / Rachel The Piper Set To Release Movie 'land Of Opportunity' And Piper Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.