Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,986 members, 7,942,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:59 AM

5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The ORON Nation - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The ORON Nation (1621 Views)

5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People / "Oba Akiolu Didn't Snub Ooni Of Ife" - White Cap Chief / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The ORON Nation by tzoracle: 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
Although I'm not from oron or akwaibom but ever since I've come across this group of people I've been really intrigued
1. Oron is the 3rd largest ethnic group in akwaibom state after the Ibibio and Annang
2. Oron people inhabit parts of both akwaibom and cross river
3.The Oro land and its people consist of 9 Clans called Afaha. These are; Afaha Okpo, Afaha Ukwong, Ebughu, Afaha Ibighi, Effiat, Afaha Ubodung, Etta, Afaha Oki-uso, and Afaha Idua (Ilue).
4.Oron is home to one of the oldest high schools in nigeria ,Methodist boys high school oron founded in 1905
5. Oron is home to a lot of natural resources including diamond

Ojeh ojeh ojeh badi apkakip oro
Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The ORON Nation by wilcox(m): 10:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
If you don't talk about or on girls, then you don't know much about them. Their women are so loss in marriage that they don't see s€× as outside marriage as a big sin
Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The ORON Nation by tzoracle: 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
wilcox:
If you don't talk about or on girls, then you don't know much about them. Their women are so loss in marriage that they don't see s€× as outside marriage as a big sin
embarassed ...like MJ,I'm speechless
Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The ORON Nation by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 22, 2016
wilcox:
I think that applies to all the akwa ibom and cross river girls . they are highly promiscuous and Bleep around like dogs .I wonder if they are circumcised
Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The ORON Nation by Chinachriss(m): 9:05am On Apr 23, 2016
Most Oron guys here in our hostel are fair- complexioned. Their girls don't beat Ibibio gals in terms of beauty. However, they are generally hardworking and ambitious.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The ORON Nation by tzoracle: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2016
I think that applies to all the akwa ibom and cross river girls . they are highly promiscuous and Bleep around like dogs .I wonder if they are circumcised

Do not generalize,they aren't all like that
Re: 5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The ORON Nation by tzoracle: 11:34am On Apr 26, 2016
Chinachriss:
Most Oron guys here in our hostel are fair- complexioned. Their girls don't beat Ibibio gals in terms of beauty. However, they are generally hardworking and ambitious.

Annang girls are tops to me in terms of beauty

(1) (Reply)

Natural Skin Beauty Solutions / What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? / Liberatedgirl On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.