Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,707 members, 7,948,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 06:30 AM

My Flash Drive Is Shortcutting. What Do I Do? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Flash Drive Is Shortcutting. What Do I Do? (660 Views)

Juul Is The Latest Trending Cigarette Inform Of A Flash Drive That Is Reigning / Flash Drive Compatible With Android,smartphone & Quality Memory Card For Sale / How Obiano's Investment Drive Is Changing South-east Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Flash Drive Is Shortcutting. What Do I Do? by Timolanki(m): 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
I have a problem with my flash drive. I took it to cyber cafe to print an application and in the process it contracted virus. Since then it has been shortcutting any file in it. I had to format it thinking that d problem is solved but it still shortcuts whatever i put in it. Pls, d computer gurus WHAT DO I DO cos it's an eight gig flash n i can't jst discard it?
Re: My Flash Drive Is Shortcutting. What Do I Do? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:33am On Apr 23, 2016
Timolanki:
I have a problem with my flash drive. I took it to cyber cafe to print an application and in the process it contracted virus. Since then it has been shortcutting any file in it. I had to format it thinking that d problem is solved but it still shortcuts whatever i put in it. Pls, d computer gurus WHAT DO I DO cos it's an eight gig flash n i can't jst discard it?

the computer you are using to format is infected.
Re: My Flash Drive Is Shortcutting. What Do I Do? by Timolanki(m): 10:47am On Apr 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

the computer you are using to format is infected.
Thanks. Let try another system.
Re: My Flash Drive Is Shortcutting. What Do I Do? by Lacomb(m): 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
Its a virus, to recover your files, do not format it, look for a computer you are sure the antivirus is working and updated, open elevated command prompt (depending on your operating system, go to the search bar and type cmd, right click and select run as administrator) "black screen, no fear". note the drive letter when you insert it into the computer (c: is for hard disk, d: might be for ur dvd drive etc) now type the following inside the command prompt:

attrib -H -R -S /S /D G:\*.*

where G: is the drive letter of the flash drive

then press enter key

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Muammar Gaddafi's Last Speech On TV / Doctors Perform First U.S.(earlier Done In SA) Penis Transplant. / Could This Be Why TUC Refused To Join The Strike? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.