Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,771 members, 7,921,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:51 AM

Stop Laminating Certificates! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop Laminating Certificates! (66406 Views)

Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics / Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? / How Do I Get My FUTA Certificates And Official Transcripts!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by ifox(m): 12:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
pls if you don laminate, don't ever try to remove it ooo, that's like from frying pan to furnace.
I read a report here last year, so I picked up my file, na waec cert my hand first pick, get razor, start to dey trim am, na so I noticed sey d paper don dey stuck to the film, I soak am for water make he commot but e no gree, na to spread am for sun oo, wen the thing dry, na to go relaminate am again cuz I can't afford having half laminated document.
As it stands, all my documents are laminated, any that comes afterwards won't be. So if you have done that, just pray the witches will be asleep when you need someone to make demand for it.

Hahahahahahahahaha grin angry grin
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
Blessedgurl:
Laminating a certificate differs from institutions & organizations. But never try to laminate a certificate from University of Benin. OYO is your case. Even business centre owners there knows better.
why do you say so?
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by oribi(m): 1:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
I tot lamination can be removed
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by erico2k2(m): 1:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
Timolanki:
I was overwhelmed when i was handed my licence and certificate after my oath taking n convocation respectively. The next thing that crossed my mind was to go and protect it with a permanent, termite resistant lamination only for my happiness to b ruined at home. My cousin on seeing my laminated cert n licence told me that i ve rendered them useless that employees no longer accept laminated cert. I asked why n he said that fake cert are concealed by lamination as d genuiness can't b detected with a computer. I asked other people n they confirmed it. So if ur planning 2 laminate ur cert ask questions b4 dat. HOW TRUE IS THIS NAIRALANDERS COS I FEEL AWFUL NOW?
The genuiness of any certificate is determined by its serial plus reference number. Not a computer.

1 Like

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by oribi(m): 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
faites:
U guys are scaring me o. I've never heard of this stuff before. I laminated all my certificates, even down to my M.sc

Relax

1 Like

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by oribi(m): 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2016
bladeAnders:
laminated certificate was not allowed during the last interview I attended ....

Dem no wan take people joor
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by twosquare(m): 1:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
faites:
U guys are scaring me o. I've never heard of this stuff before. I laminated all my certificates, even down to my M.sc
nothing to fear... Person wey go succeed go succeed... Laminating certs is most times necessary because the paper used nowadays aren't strong unlike those days when "Pali" na true "Pali"... Semi-hard and all that

1 Like

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by NigerianScholar: 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
seunlayi:
I personally dismantled my laminating machine in my office, I always try to make people realised how needless it is to laminate documents
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Brownzola(m): 2:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
don't laminate pls. just buy laminating film and keep your doc inside without letting it pass through machine. he who get hears make dem hear.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by bahaushe1: 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by chemystery: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
thesicilian:

Hahaha...that got me cracking up! grin
What did you think they were going to give you - A late model Ferrari and a house on the beach?
Yes, plus a mouth -watery sum of money to start life.
Tell me you wouldn't have prefer that in lieu of a mere paper.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by vision2050: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2016
with your lamination, pray you didn't come across unfortunate rats.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by kenobi007(m): 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2016
Timolanki:
I was overwhelmed when i was handed my licence and certificate after my oath taking n convocation respectively. The next thing that crossed my mind was to go and protect it with a permanent, termite resistant lamination only for my happiness to b ruined at home. My cousin on seeing my laminated cert n licence told me that i ve rendered them useless that employees no longer accept laminated cert. I asked why n he said that fake cert are concealed by lamination as d genuiness can't b detected with a computer. I asked other people n they confirmed it. So if ur planning 2 laminate ur cert ask questions b4 dat. HOW TRUE IS THIS NAIRALANDERS COS I FEEL AWFUL NOW?
guy if a reputable employing firm wants to find out the genuity of ur cert they will run a background check on u. If found to be a fraud then u hv commited a criminal offence. So i see no harm in laminating ur certificates.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by thesicilian: 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
chemystery:
Yes, plus a mouth -watery sum of money to start life.
Tell me you wouldn't have prefer that in lieu of a mere paper.
Lol.
Who doesn't like good things?
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by mzTarsh(f): 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
I wish I saw this three months ago[color=#000099][/color]... wouldn't have laminated my b.sc certificate
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by TalkingBird: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
Burlah4u2c:
Back in the days when ordinary conqueror papers were used for certificates, one for sure can laminate...But now, most schools have some kinda security imprint on the paper which can't be seen with the nakëd eye..it was during my registration in NYSC camp that I got to know my undergraduate certificate had some other designs when placed under blue fluorescent light(that's what I saw tho). A guy was delayed for hours as his certificate was laminated and no special designs(security prints) could be detected under the blue light...
For me, I would suggest certificates shouldn't be laminated...Even my primary school certificate is still as new as received..rain and oil drops? I don't think that's an excuse to get a certificate laminated

How old are your certificates please?
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Codyt(m): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
Provie:
Serious threats & potential mutilators of ur certificate surround u left and right; serious-minded potential employers come once in a while. Laminate ur certificate and protect it. [/b] Reputable employers verify ur certificate from d issuing authority/institution even without ur knowledge. [/b]I rest my case.
At Emboldened.... You're very right.

1 Like

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by keletex2000(m): 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2016
....We all know that lamination of a document is irreversible. Most people in support of lamination of certificates are those who have already laminated theirs. Since, lamination of has potential demerits (employer skepticism in the authenticity of said documents)
I advice we do not laminate documents. After all, lamination isn't the only way to preserve documents.

My late grandpa 's unlaminated documents are still intact.(including his first sch.leaving cert issued in 1943... 73yrs ago!)

1 Like

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by stephano100(m): 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by 9inches(m): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
Not true. All certificates are verifiable at the ministry of education Abuja.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Oluwacolded: 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
cool shocked sad angryokok grinokok
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Oluwacolded: 5:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/nice one]
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Halamadrid22(m): 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
ekefre4:
i schooled outside n I lamininated my cert. I used same 2 serve,work,resigned,work again so I c no ish about this. If u think my cert is fake why not verify it?
U said u schooled outside,i feel d white pples mentality wen u go from here with cert is diff from u coming from there to here...
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Halamadrid22(m): 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2016
bigerboy200:

Best not to laminate dis days..just place it in d transparent laminating film without laminating..datz it.
Yea!!! I tink dts safe
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by opylas(m): 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2016
fejicruz:
Rat can eat wood. So laminating your certificate can't protect it from them

I taya oo. Wetin those demons no fit chop?

1 Like

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by ademolaaoc(m): 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2016
It is equally safe to scan all your certificates and store them in your email.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by ekefre4(m): 7:56pm On Apr 23, 2016
Halamadrid22:

U said u schooled outside,i feel d white pples mentality wen u go from here with cert is diff from u coming from there to here...
i know. But some coutries use some kind of verification service before u can even get visa n admission.That's 4 masters. In d case of work in my line of field ur certificate is not that necessary, it's mainly certification and what u can do.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
Oga, I no understand this one u dey talk, my cert is laminated, I used it abroad, I also used it in the country, I tire for.Nigerians o o... Foreign schools and serious employers verify the authenticity from your school.. Chikena, but if you can keep your cert. clean without lamination, it's better...

1 Like

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by SenatorJames(m): 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
Its a pity i had laminated my certificates before i heard that its bad to do so, who say opportunity cannot present itself that i will find myself outside this country studying or working.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Ngozisophia(f): 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2016
I have laminated all my certificate, how do i remove them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) / How To Perfectly Choose Subjects For SSCE / WAEC Exam / Rector Of Ede Poly Installs King-size Bed In Office, Suspended..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.