Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,620 members, 7,888,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:39 PM

Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) (1479 Views)

Nigerian Prince Arrested For Scamming Hundreds Of Job Seekers In New York(Pics) / White Lady Calls Out Nigerian Man For 'Scamming' Her (Photos) / Nigeria Yahoo Boy Arrested In Thailand For Scamming Thai Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 2:06am On Apr 23, 2016
I got this on my mail just now and decided to check. It was a pdf file and i had to download it. I did and saw a link inside the file to follow. Lo and behold, it was a phishing network page. Lol, they meddled with a wrong guy. This is the link,

Lalasticlala seun mynd44 you never recieve alert?

Pls do not follow:

data:text/html;base64,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.

drabeey wrote this

Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by chriskosherbal(m): 2:10am On Apr 23, 2016
You thought fast.
Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by Category1: 2:18am On Apr 23, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm sad sad

bubu must know abt this

Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by VickyRotex(f): 2:24am On Apr 23, 2016
Honestly, these scammers got no chill.

That's their new tactics now. They even go as far, as asking you to click a link, and once you do that, they get hold of all the files on your system, and it automatically deletes all the information on your system. So they send you another mail saying if you need your files back, you must pay a certain amount of money. Who wouldnt wanna have back all the files he or she took years to build? (In this case, I'll advice we always back up our files, we never know)

Please let's be careful of the sites we visit, the links we click, and the applications we grant permissions, on our devices.

I know we cant be 100% cyber risk free, but there are some certain things that we can avoid, we should try to avoid them.

Thanks for sharing Op.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by delishpot: 3:48am On Apr 23, 2016
OP for clicking on the link alone, I score them 18/20 for effort. Unless you tell me that you were expecting g such a document from that same company for same goods and thought that was it.
Na greed, desperation and long throat Dey catch many mugus online

1 Like

Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 23, 2016
I received the same thing ooo, me dat was expecting a mail before. I don't get it now bcox I actually opened it and in put my password nd email addy. Op, tell me biko.

See my pix below

Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 4:15am On Apr 23, 2016
HateU2:
I received the same thing ooo, me dat was expecting a mail before. I don't get it now bcox I actually opened it and in put my password nd email addy. Op, tell me biko.

See my pix below

Please run and change your gmail password asap.
I knew it might be a phishing site, hence i opened the site with my ucweb where my email isnt opened.
If u can still getu hold of your email, Change the password now. U can also review your account privacy too.
Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 4:21am On Apr 23, 2016
Drabeey:

Please run and change your gmail password asap.
I knew it might be a phishing site, hence i opened the site with my ucweb where my email isnt opened.
If u can still getu hold of your email, Change the password now. U can also review your account privacy too.
Okay, thanks.
Will do that now
Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by Damsonkc(m): 5:33am On Apr 23, 2016
For maximum security, always clear your browser history every week. Always sign out from your email or other social media accounts on your computer and endeavor to never let your browser save passwords. If you believe your account has been compromised, change your password ASAP. Please do not click on any email from any damn shipping company or even a restaurant that you don't know telling you shit about invoice. As long as you type in your details to download the stupid receipt, the scammer gets a mail with your email and password. If you know you won't always remember to clear your browser history, please download a browser called Tor browser. Tor browser automatically clears browsing history and meddles with your IP to give you maximum security. Google your email address to see if anyone has written something bad about it, that way you'd know your account has been compromised and is used by hackers to send scam mails. On Facebook in particular, avoid those many apps and websites that seek permission to use your details in exchange for you to post shitty things like how you will look in 100 years, how many children you will have, who is your perfect or who your lover will be and all those blatant nonsense, you are way more reasonable than that.

It is Saturday people, don't click on any link after that bottle of beer! Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by chukslawrence(m): 6:33am On Apr 23, 2016
Thanks
Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by elvision1(m): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2016
won't work for me,

not cus am too smart

but, cus

I would be too lazy to type my password in

grin
Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 23, 2016
elvision1:

won't work for me,

not cus am too smart

but, cus

I would be too lazy to type my password in

grin

Comfam guy of 20tyfirst century

1 Like

Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 24, 2016
Lalasticlala , dont u think people should know about this now?
Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 6:05am On Apr 24, 2016
and stop dropping your emails here on NL because from here many of them do extract emails with the help of email extractor lite 1.4

1 Like

Re: Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 24, 2016
noblemails:
and stop dropping your emails here on NL because from here many of them do extract emails with the help of email extractor lite 1.4

You are right

(1) (Reply)

Snipped Email Correspondence Btw A YahooBoy And A Legit Hardworking Naija Guy / Young Nigerian Man Dies During Sex Competition / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Father Of 7 On Christmas Eve In Benue(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.