Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:07 PM

Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey (54981 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Lists Items Stolen From His House In Abuja / Goodluck Jonathan Lists Out His Achievements In Office During Speech At Oxford / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan On A Date In New Jersey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Henrichemeka(m): 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
Please, how much is our GDP now
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by alexlee50: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kainene77:

So in your thinking, I can't criticize Jonathan and Buhari at the same time? Nonsense!

Your former president praises himself for having made ONE man one of the world's richest people when more than 50% of all Nigerians suffer from poverty and you come here to defend him? This is ridiculous.

his statement taken from that context could be interpreted the way you did but if you read the full text of his speech, what he actually meant was that his government created oppurtunities and improvement in the quality of life that the richest man in africa came from nigeria.now on the issue which you spoke about which made me take you up, fashola, amechi, saraki, oshoimole and others are the people that brought nigeria to what it is today.they are not saints, let's not make them look like one.nigeria belongs to us all, if the ruling party does something wrong, lets have the courage to criticise them, no matter our love and support for them.that way we will have a stronger and better society
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Legit: 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
neolboy:
Former president, Goodluck Jonathan yesterday touched on some of the legacies of his administration while speaking to Friends of Africa Coalition on “Strengthening Democracy and Elections” at the mayor’s office in Newark, New Jersey, United States.

Speaking to the elite group, Jonathan said the 2015 general elections in Nigeria had potential for major crisis and that the campaigns leading to the elections almost polarised the country into Christian v Muslims and North v South divide.

The former president said that most world leaders were worried that the elections would result into major crisis.

“Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls. That is where the leadership question comes into play.

“As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first. How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties? With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through. Indeed, we sailed through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it.

“My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body,” he said.

Jonathan said his strict adherence to the rule of the law ensured that Nigeria’s peace, prosperity and progress were not derailed by the conduct and results of the 2015 elections.

Speaking on the other legacies of his administration, he said: “I am proud to say that while I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.

“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.

I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement. In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.

“These are but a few of the parameters that illustrate some of the economic transformations we engineered during my term in office.”

The former president said this success was made possible by the fact that there was a stable political leadership in Nigeria that did not have to pander to any other constituency except the electorate who brought him to power.

Jonathan also argued that if the process that brought leaders to power “did not flow through the people, they naturally administered their governments to first and foremost serve the constituencies that brought them to power.”

Jonathan also met with the CEO of Moskeeto Armor, Robin R. Crespo and his team as part of events leading up to the World Malaria Day on
April 25th, 2016.

Moskeeto Armor manufactures clothing to protect against malaria, the zika virus, Denue and other vector-borne diseases.

It was successfully clinically field-tested in Nigeria in 2014.

When worn by children as a standalone product, Moskeeto Armor was 90% effective at reducing the malaria infection rate, and when combined with a bed net, the Moskeeto Armor combination was 97% effective at stopping the spread of malaria.

The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation is partnering with Moskeeto Armor to protect African children against malaria and other vector-borne diseases.

“The simple principle of ‘Love your neighbour as you love yourself’ lays a foundation of commitment to protecting nations,” said Jonathan during the meeting with Moskeeto Armor.

Continuing, he said “these crises caused by such small insects, transmitting these deadly diseases, have devastated so many lives across Africa and the world, but with one just as small idea, there is hope for a better tomorrow.”

source:www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/23/in-new-jersey-jonathan-lists-his-legacies/
Is not what you say that matter, is what you DIDNT say. Wher is the $$$. Surrounded with crooks, lack judgement..... you cannot fool the Nigerians in diaspora.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Gamesmart: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
If anyone ever doubted how dumb this man is, then these says it all.

Speaking on the other legacies of his administration, he said: “I am proud to say that while I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.

I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement. In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Kainene77: 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
alexlee50:
his statement taken from that context could be interpreted the way you did but if you read the full text of his speech, what he actually meant was that his government created oppurtunities and improvement in the quality of life that the richest man in africa came from nigeria.now on the issue which you spoke about which made me take you up, fashola, amechi, saraki, oshoimole and others are the people that brought nigeria to what it is today.they are not saints, let's not make them look like one.nigeria belongs to us all, if the ruling party does something wrong, lets have the courage to criticise them, no matter our love and support for them.that way we will have a stronger and better society

First of all, even in the context of the full speech, the statement is moronic. Even primary school children in the Middle East know that the wealth gap in many African countries is one of the biggest problems these countries have. While the political elites produce people richer than people in well-developed countries, enjoy healthcare abroad and their children are educated in the most expensive schools and universities, the masses suffer.

Secondly, it does not change the fact that while under his administration oil revenues were growing, he failed to establish reserves that would help the country to cope with a falling oil prices. He and his wife stole as if there is no tomorrow. And I am yet to see a leader abroad who gives out platinum cell phones as gifts on his daughter's wedding when the masses suffer.

Thirdly, much needed structural reforms have not been put in place even though he was in the best position to adopt such according to him:
“I am proud to say that while I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.

Fourthly, he obviously is not aware of the difference between GDP and GDP per capita.

Fifthly, thunder strike me if I defend any of the people you have mentioned above. The day I will defend any Nigerian politician, is the day when they will diagnose me with amnesia. The politician I would defend has possibly not been born yet or at least I have not met such yet.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by judondasylva(m): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
He did not even list anything cus he did more than those which the current clueless President can not do half of.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by olawalepopoola: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
Jonathan spent 6 years to achieve all this! Buhari has 4 years to accomplish his own. Therefore, let us give him his time before judging him. On the matter of election, Oga Jonah, we Nigerians sabi wetin happen, from the arms deal to the stashing of our money to South Africa and Orubebe's drama on the election day! Na GOD pass you! YOU ARE THE HERO OF THE CORRUPT PEOPLE! No form holy here!
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by tipsieoladj(m): 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
Jonathan said he handed over Nigeria where citizens travel safe by train..sey him don travel by the same trains before? He said he made naija gdp high but when he left sey him leave the money? This jonathan was my man but he is a bloodymotherfucker of higher rank

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by philips70(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
Firefire:

Mr. Philips still making incoherent points to support this useless and good for nothing administration of professional fraudsters and career rogues, over the best president (GEJ) ever produced in the history of Nigeria. I hail you sir. cheesy

Please continue your campaign after election... dearisgod.

I guess you read a different comment or this is for a different thread. The matter in contention on this thread is the cluelessness of your hero even outside government. He lies more than Satan himself. If we were in developed country whose democracy is matured you know very well he should be behind bars now having supervised a government of brazen robbery. And you know too well Buhari is just being compassionate just for his sake if not he should be in the next cell to Dasuki as we speak.

And to talk about this government you mentioned, you should be doing thanksgiving you have them in power if not the robbers would have sold us to a foreign country by now and pocket their billions.
Still I don't even expect any supporter of PDP and GEJ to still be talking online by this time as shame shouldn't even allow but this is Nigeria where anything goes.

If PDP has any credibility left after May 29th last year it has totally eroded to the extent no credible person wants to associate even at a time the APC government is passing through turbulent times owing to the state of mess your party left us.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Charly68: 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2016
What legacy? You institutionalized executive corruption & blatant stealing .. Left the economy in shambles that Nigerians voted you out of anger..we voted you out but landed in the hand of a less concerned go slow father. Only God will see us through
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by alexlee50: 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kainene77:

First of all, even in the context of the full speech, the statement is moronic. Even primary school children in the Middle East know that the wealth gap in many African countries is one of the biggest problems these countries have. While the political elites produce people richer than people in well-developed countries, enjoy healthcare abroad and their children are educated in the most expensive schools and universities, the masses suffer.

Secondly, it does not change the fact that while under his administration oil revenues were growing, he failed to establish reserves that would help the country to cope with a falling oil prices. He and his wife stole as if there is no tomorrow. And I am yet to see a leader abroad who gives out platinum cell phones as gifts on his daughter's wedding when the masses suffer.

Thirdly, much needed structural reforms have not been put in place even though he was in the best position to adopt such according to him:
“I am proud to say that while I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.

Fourthly, he obviously is not aware of the difference between GDP and GDP per capita.

Fifthly, thunder strike me if I defend any of the people you have mentioned above. The day I will defend any Nigerian politician, is the day when they will diagnose me with amnesia. The politician I would defend has possibly not been born yet or at least I have not met such yet.

the only part I like is you have stated you don't support any politician.now to accuse GEJ and his wife of massive looting is very much unfair.who has accused patience of fraud? Which company did she use in collecting any government contract? Which contract did she collect money for then abandoned? Which law enforcement agency is investigating her? Who had submitted any petition against her? Who then would judge her guilty when she has not been charged with any offence? In the case of her husband, GEJ, a number of insinuations have been made in the media, but tell me one person that has said he gave GEJ to be awarded a contract? Since dasuki started singing like a canary, tell me where he has said he gave GEJ cash? The last one you mentioned was gold plaited phones given as gifts.I heard that those are lies concocted by APC but even if it is true, I am yet to see anywhere where it was stated that public funds was used to acquire the phones shared to guests. Now lets look at PMB, he came into power, it was stated that he had a house in daura and 2 mud houses, the other day femi adesina said the president sold one of his houses to source for forex to pay his childrens fees, abeg which house he sell? This is a man who had to borrow to buy the presidential form of his party.one of his daughters recently travelled first class on BA to London yet you say directors/perm secs should travel economy, yet your kids travel business class/first class? Should charity not begin at home? Is it not prudent that the leader should lead by example? Aisha recently had a book launch, they refused making the donations public, why? Are thry not setting the stage for fraud and corruption? Kogi state governor was said to havr made a donation of 70m yet he can't pay salaries.I agree with you that PMB regime will not have a large number of corrupt people, this is not because people have changed, its because corruption has been privatised and in the hands of a select few.nothing has changed
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by salam1(m): 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2016
BADNEAT:
The truth will prevail...by 2018...zombies must hv starved to death
how much did d liters giv u oga stop making him look lyk a saint he contributed to d current problems we r having
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by salam1(m): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
Wailers ask people from d north east dey will tell u if he has a legacy or not. Stop d useless sentiment
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by sealvale5: 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
The foundation that built on lies & propaganda will surely crumble. Lies from mr Lair Mahamm***will soon get exhausted....We are wining the war on terror technically but no arms were bought, sorry arms were bought but inclusively delivered.

Plz my peep, Man U Vs Everton FA semi, is it one legged game?
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kainene77:
One question Mr Ex-President, where is the money that was made when the economy was booming? Where are the savings that would help Nigeria and Nigerians make it through the rainy days?

Why did other governments build up reserves, why didn't you?

I am not sure who is more clueless, you or Buhari but you have this in common, cluelessness.

Don't just ask questions when you don't understand it, but better yet ask amechi.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Rallyman: 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
“I am proud to say
that while I took over a Nigeria that was the
second largest economy in Africa with a GDP
of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a
Nigeria that had grown to become the largest
economy in Africa and the 24th largest
economy in the World with a GDP of $574
billion.
“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were
not working, and handed over a Nigeria in
which citizens can safely travel by trains
again.
I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer
of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a
net exporter of cement. In 2009 the richest
Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa,
but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the
richest man in Africa." It's only a wicked person that will say these words are lies
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by tarekamos: 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
DonMaxxy:
One day my gand children will ask me:
"Grand pa who is this man tagged GEJ in the portriat on your bedroom wall"
I will answer them:
" It is a long story children. But to cut it short; that man is one of the few men who 'came, saw and conquered'. That was when our country was still united with..."

Oga Jona, your footprints will ever remain on the sands of time as a hero of democracy and one of the few heroes of non violence. Enjoy the rest of your days 2015's sacrificial lamb.

Then you will be distorting history if you don't tell your grandchildren the high level sharing of common resources to political cronies, the number of lives that were lost because of late response to boko haram, the sharing of money meant for arms, his failure to save for rainy days that has brought us to this level, that during his time stealing was not corruption so stealing was encouraged, the role of his wife in nation building/destruction. Tell them the whole truth but if you fail to do that their friends in school will tell them and they will come back to you to say grandpa you lied to us.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Deepfreezer(m): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
we miss you GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Juzete: 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2016
We miss you GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by gp6liveth(m): 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kainene77:
One question Mr Ex-President, where is the money that was made when the economy was booming? Where are the savings that would help Nigeria and Nigerians make it through the rainy days?

I am not sure who is more clueless, you or Buhari but you have this in common, cluelessness.
Where you not in Nigeria when ur current minister of transport said GEJ should not save for the rainy days. That's is, the sovereign wealth fund should be scrapped.

God will continue to bless GEJ for being a sacrificial lamb.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by sorepco(m): 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
I guess he is trying to say he made tge business environment to be condusive to produce high networth individuals...

Dollyak:
Fair play on the election narratives.

1. However, to suggest you were solely responsible for making Nigeria the biggest economy in Africa is what I call dishonesty. It is well known that Nigerian economy-gdp was massively under estimated so the new estimation was just a confirmation of well known fact and has nothing to do with your policy.

2. Making dangote the richest man I'm Africa is now an achievement? Gosh.
Couldn't even list a proper achievement.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by sunshine1974(m): 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kainene77:

the money is with amaechi and fashola
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by JKisOK(m): 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
Jirate:

Have a look at these Photos of the Benin-Ore Road alone, even APC Governors like the "Go and Die Governor" was able to record some Achievements under GEJ than their own APC federal government. I am not Jonathan Advocate but i believe in giving credit to whom it is due.

The Ore-Benin road was not, is not and can never be an Oshiomhole project or achievement. It is purely Jonathan and FG. We seriously pray that PMB will complete it all the way to Shagamu and also finish the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, whose expansion and modernisation began under GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2016
neolboy:
Former president, Goodluck Jonathan yesterday touched on some of the legacies of his administration while speaking to Friends of Africa Coalition on “Strengthening Democracy and Elections” at the mayor’s office in Newark, New Jersey, United States.

“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.

source:www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/23/in-new-jersey-jonathan-lists-his-legacies/
This guy is a mad man. When will he stop deceiving himself?
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by mafioso47(m): 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
Jirate:

One of the many Areas in which he tried.....
Two, he was less Vindictive and Confrontational......
Three, Not afraid to Tackle Economic Hardship. Under him, Petrol did not sell at the Current Price or Prices, etc.

any decision made during GEJ's decision which people revolted against was immediately reviewed and sometimes reversed. we are yet to see that type of gesture after he left
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by mafioso47(m): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2016
Jirate:

One of the many Areas in which he tried.....
Two, he was less Vindictive and Confrontational......
Three, Not afraid to Tackle Economic Hardship. Under him, Petrol did not sell at the Current Price or Prices, etc.

any decision made during GEJ's administration which the people revolted against was immediately reviewed and sometimes reversed. we are yet to see that type of gesture after he left

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
GEJ we so miss you .
Any other candidate aside GEJ in 2019 is an exercise in futility to Me.
God bless you GEJ..
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Nusaf: 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
JKisOK:

The Ore-Benin road was not, is not and can never be an Oshiomhole project or achievement. It is purely Jonathan and FG. We seriously pray that PMB will complete it all the way to Shagamu and also finish the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, whose expansion and modernisation began under GEJ.
The way u wailers sing with this ore-benin road surprises me. Pls if I may ask, even if he did, is that the only road in Nigeria. This man spent 6 yrs as the president of this country for God's sake and the only road he repaired (not constructed) is that one. Haba!
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Nusaf: 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2016
gp6liveth:

Where you not in Nigeria when ur current minister of transport said GEJ should not save for the rainy days. That's is, the sovereign wealth fund should be scrapped.

God will continue to bless GEJ for being a sacrificial lamb.
And what happened to the fg share that he had intended to save? Or was he also taken to court to squander it? Mtcheew.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by itstpia8: 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
as long as the neuros arent being tampered with?
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Nusaf: 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2016
Rallyman:
“I am proud to say
that while I took over a Nigeria that was the
second largest economy in Africa with a GDP
of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a
Nigeria that had grown to become the largest
economy in Africa and the 24th largest
economy in the World with a GDP of $574
billion.
“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were
not working, and handed over a Nigeria in
which citizens can safely travel by trains
again.
I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer
of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a
net exporter of cement. In 2009 the richest
Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa,
but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the
richest man in Africa." It's only a wicked person that will say these words are lies
He took over Nigeria with GDP bla bla bla and handed over Nigeria with GDP bla bla bla. The question is, what is the impact of all these on the common man? Also, he produced the richest man in Africa, is that an achievement for God's sake? Or how does this explain our depleted ECA despite the oil boom. We are talking of several unaccountably squandered trillions of naira and u are here talking about GDP. GDP my foot.
Re: Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kainene77:

direct ur question to the right people

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye And Wada Musa Reconcile (Photos) / Governor Ben Ayade, A Student Of UNICAL, Storms School In His Convoy / Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.