Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,115 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:50 PM

Can Nigeria Achieve Real Electoral Reforms Before The Next Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Achieve Real Electoral Reforms Before The Next Election? (1024 Views)

Can Nigeria Achieve This Under P.M.B (photo) / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters / Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria Achieve Real Electoral Reforms Before The Next Election? by Agbotoba(m): 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2009
I still beleive so much in the entity called Nigeria.I am of the opinion that this country shall one day command respect among the comity of nations.I see the vision of an American president paying glowing tributes to our political structure.
Re: Can Nigeria Achieve Real Electoral Reforms Before The Next Election? by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2009
I dont think it is possible, cos as long as Yar'Dumb is alive, i am sure he will wanna run for another 4 years, and since even a fool wont vote for him, and knowing that Nigerians hates to lose, he will have to do all he can to rig the election, so an electoral reform will be to his disadvantage and he wont wanna do such.
Re: Can Nigeria Achieve Real Electoral Reforms Before The Next Election? by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2009
I believe it is possible. If only 5% of the people rise to demand it, we would have it in no time.
Re: Can Nigeria Achieve Real Electoral Reforms Before The Next Election? by Fhemmmy: 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2009
It is not the period of making it happen, it is how the leaders will make it happen, cos it will not be to their advantage, or how do u explain why it is yet to be talked about?
Re: Can Nigeria Achieve Real Electoral Reforms Before The Next Election? by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2009
Your so called "LEADERS" are not going to do anything to make it happen. We do not have to look in the crystal ball to figure that out by now. It is now up to us to make it happen. If you look carefully at the situation, you will see it is more to their advantage to keep things going as it is and continuing to point fingers at the man across the room to take the heat off themselves. Worse, they throw out a "THIS IS TRIBALLY MOTIVATED" bone so the people can bite and run off with it in the other direction while they continue to loot and sit back doing the same old.

Only a couple of months ago, we were praising reports of how some of the politicians were finally being brought to book by Ribadu and his team. It did not take them time to extinguish that knowing that if they didn't things might not go well for them. I am not saying Ribadu is some hero but I am pointing to the fact that these men seem to thrive most when they have more control over the situation. And not until we gain back control will things change. We have no such thing as LEADERS and we ought to have figured that FACT out by now.

(1) (Reply)

A Pz Nig Plc Factory Manager Shot Dead Along The Lagos-abeokuta Expressway / ---hitler Defends Nigeria--video {just For Fun} / Abuja Churches Step Up Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.