Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,852 members, 7,933,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 09:18 PM

The Misguided Wailing Zombies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Misguided Wailing Zombies (427 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Visits The Wailing Wall Jerusalem And Garden Of Gethsamane / To The Misguided Youths Sticking Their Necks Out For An Unrepentant Looter / The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Misguided Wailing Zombies by AlexyA(m): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2016
Sometimes I weep for our beloved country not just because of its greedy leaders but its misguided citizens. Am here not just to point out my grievances but to enlighten my fellow citizens on issues that require urgent attention.
Over here in Nairaland, it is either you are a wailer (PDP), a zombie (APC) or an IPOB sympathizer and this fact has blinded and change our reasoning on National issues.We all come online waiting for news/posts that will favor our parties or those who we have pity on so we can outmatch and outwit our opponents. If the post goes into the favor of PDP, you will see the bashing given to APC supporters and vice-versa. We all let sentiments and hatred takes over our IQ while our beloved nation is in peril and rumbles. Coming online and ranting will not give us a voice but noise.
On daily interval, we hear news of embezzlement, corruption cases, poor power supply, jungle killings, electoral malpractices, bad roads, kidnappings etc and all we do is to abuse one another on any social platform rather than bringing heads together to make a difference. It was discovered that the senate acquired cars for its members worth billions of naira and they are passing a bill so as to protect themselves from answering corruption charges. Why? These are the sets of people we should be bashing, those who enrich their pockets to the detriment of the masses, those who make policies that will favor a selected few rather than all. When one of these greedy thirsty polithieves are been caught by the law, we their supporters will be shouting witch-hunt or political man-hunt and making them our role models, so who are the real saboteurs ? The polithieves or we the blind supporters who adore every step they take?

Why can’t we take our grievances to the streets and oppose the ways and evil tactics of our gullible leaders? Why can’t we follow the footsteps of our counterparts in the western world who will come together as one and attack any policies that does not favor the masses? Is it only when there is fuel issue or educational issues that we go into public? If we cannot go to the streets then let our PVCS be our weapon to fight against political miscreants.
It is good to criticize but don’t allow sentiments, hatred, tribal and religion differences to be our focal points for criticisms.
Let’s wail no more, let’s follow wrong people no more and let’s support wrong decisions no more, one day we shall be bless with great leaders who will put the masses as their major aim of vying for political positions.

God bless Nigeria

God bless Its Citizens
Re: The Misguided Wailing Zombies by miblolo(f): 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2016
My pvc is my strength
Re: The Misguided Wailing Zombies by Tos87(m): 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
So you think things will change and get better in “NIGERIA"... hmm, you better start telling your self the truth.
Re: The Misguided Wailing Zombies by kingphilip(m): 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
nice piece BTW and highly commendable

I think our bashing strength should be channeled from personalities to policies and practices and also on action and inactions

fight bad policies to a standstill and favor brilliant policies to a steady ship so that we all can have a better country to call our own

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To World Bank - Recover All Stolen Funds From Past Government / May Day: Gov. Obiano Promises Salary Increase / NNPC, PETAN To Certify Nigerian Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.