Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,957 members, 7,906,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

Why You Should Get Rid Of That Belly Fat{potbelly} - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Should Get Rid Of That Belly Fat{potbelly} (419 Views)

Ways To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks / Burn That Belly Fat Faast! / Why You Should Get Rid Of That Belly Fat{potbelly} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Get Rid Of That Belly Fat{potbelly} by Dietherapy247(m): 11:41am On Apr 24, 2016
visit www.dietherapy247.com/2016/04/15/why-you-should-get-rid-of-that-belly-fat-2/ for more

Belly fat or potbelly as it is commonly called is a visceral fat, meaning fat that hangs beneath the muscles in the stomach. This kind of fat is linked with several health complications in humans.

Gone are those days when Men and Women with belly fat are seen to be the healthy and wealthy ones, all thanks to the power in information. People have come to realize the truth, the dangers belly fat posses to their health and some are seriously seeking solutions to this their problem.

How dangerous is Belly Fat?

-belly fat has been linked with insulin Resistance, metabolic syndrome, heart disease, diabetes (type 2) and the rest.

-Leads to over production of hormones and chemicals which has negative impact to health and keeps the individual at risk for diseases such as stroke, heart attack etc.

-Since belly fat is located close to the liver, during blood circulation, harmful toxins and chemicals produced by belly fat is circulated in the blood to the liver causing damage over time.

-Increased risk for cancer: Fat tissues in the abdomen swing the body of hormone production. These hormones produced tells the cells to divide, when cell division takes place the chances of mutation is increased which means that risk of cancer is also increased .

How do I know when I have belly fat?

Belly fat is quite different from other type of fat. It is usually estimated by measuring the distance around your waist (not stomach)circumference in other words A simple tailor tape can be used to perform this simple test. Note that any value you get above 40inch/102cm in men and 35inch/88cm in woman shows that belly fat is present, then get ready to do something about it if not, you are in for serious trouble.

What can I do to help myself?

My mission here is incomplete if only I keep talking about belly fat without letting you know what to do when you find yourself in this condition. Below I outlined simple things you can do to keep belly fat at a distance;

-Eat less of refined sugar, as refined sugar is known to end up being produced as fat by the liver.

-Make sure protein is part of your diet.

-Exercise on weekly/daily basis

NB: Visit your Dietitian or doctor for more details on this.

Visit www.dietherapy247.com for health and diet tips

(1) (Reply)

Battle Of The Menstrual Migraines / Because You Are Slim Does Not Make You Healthier / Treatment For Arterial Fibrilllation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.