Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,555 members, 7,888,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:04 PM

Love Doesn't Keep Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Doesn't Keep Relationships (869 Views)

Love Doesn't Guarantee The Success Of A Relationship. A Must Read For All / Love Doesn't Guarantee The Success Of A Relationship - Actress Susan Peters / When Size Doesn't Matter: Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Doesn't Keep Relationships by Ptoocool(m): 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
The world we live in has shoved quite a number of things about love down our throat. Some of these things we've been fed have in some ways or the other get to us positively and contrariwise. It is however disheartening that we've tend to feed our eyes and fill our minds with the numerous misconceptions about love.

"Love conquereth all things", "love can build a bridge between two hearts", "love is blind", "love is a feeling and an attitude", "just like respect, love is reciprocal", "love is a physical equation". OK, let me add one more, "love is a mirage" - all of these is what I'll describe as 'love misconceptions', well, maybe not all.

Make no mistake, love is not a panacea or a cure-all. You can have all the love in the world and still be just as broke as ever. Being in love will not fix you; after the first flush of romance, you will find out that you're in exactly the same place, except that you have to worry about dragging someone down with you. In the same vein, someone you love very much can still be careless or hurtful. Love is not a charm that protects you. Love is not magic. Let me be blunt; love is not inherently good.

That's the reason why you need to understand that loving someone else is like standing at the edge of the water; the waves that smash against the shore are mesmerizingly beautiful, but the threat of drowning is real. That, love is a slippery beast with teeth like razor blades.

Many of us have a hard time differentiating between love and habit. Most of us have lost a love we thought would last forever. Most of us have felt disillusioned and spent. Most of us reached a point where our hearts were too tired to keep going and we weren't sure what the point was in trying again. Why? Because we've always believed love does keep relationships; a very wrong thing to believe I must say.

When someone tells you they love you, that is no guarantee that your relationship will work with them - love is not a guarantee for successful relationship. Most of the people who get divorced still love one another i.e. even in marital relationships, love doesn't keep marriages together.

Take for instance, after a breakup in a relationship that was once booming in love came to an abrupt end, I was forced to go ask the guy what went wrong. And I was surprised to hear him say, "I still love her, she's just crazy". I really was shocked, seeing the manner in which they choose to 'terminate' the relationship, so he still love her afterall?. Well, I decided to ask the lady if she still love the guy to which she replied, "yes, just that he's a beast", "but you still love him" I asked, she said "yes". I finally concluded that it's not that they do not love each other, it's just that the didn't know how to live together.

The Great King Solomon said

"by wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures"

This statement made by Solomon almost 4,000 years ago now is the secret to a successful relationship, a successful marriage and a successful home. Please notice, Solomon didn't say that the secret to a successful relationship is kissing, holding hand, sex or love, matter of fact, he didn't even mention love.

The key to a success relationship is knowledge.

http://kolawolepeters..com.ng/2016/04/love-doesnt-keep-relationships.html

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Love Doesn't Keep Relationships by surestakes: 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
You are right. Money does tongue
Re: Love Doesn't Keep Relationships by PureWays(m): 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
True.
Love isn't everything needed in a successful relationship.

I believe a relationship in which both parties have enough Endurance, Patience and Understanding is better off than a relationship which the only driving force is Love...

1 Like

Re: Love Doesn't Keep Relationships by firstking01(m): 5:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
Op goan sitdan jor,,,,leicester city don score swansea 3 goals to nil under 61mins, and them don win the league alreadyembarassed...you dey here dey talk loveundecided, who love epp for this lifeundecided...yove ko rove niundecided
Re: Love Doesn't Keep Relationships by ladygudhead(f): 5:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
ummm.I'm really learning.
Re: Love Doesn't Keep Relationships by Hillzy(m): 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
Love isn't enough to keep a relationship, u guyz also need to be compatible

1 Like

Re: Love Doesn't Keep Relationships by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
firstking01:
Op goan sitdan jor,,,,leicester city don score swansea 3 goals to nil under 61mins, and them don win the league alreadyembarassed...you dey here dey talk loveundecided, who love epp for this lifeundecided...yove ko rove niundecided
u see as u dey contradict yaself my bro king...kikiki i nab u 4 dis one.
Re: Love Doesn't Keep Relationships by firstking01(m): 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
WiLdFLame:
u see as u dey contradict yaself my bro king...kikiki i nab u 4 dis one.
What's the contradiction here baba??
Re: Love Doesn't Keep Relationships by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
firstking01:
What's the contradiction here baba??

Abeg go check naughtynaughty thread, its like dem house of knight crew they frustrate her.
Re: Love Doesn't Keep Relationships by pryme(m): 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
Shawn: Do you believe in love?

Joe: I believe in cancer

Shawn: What, they are both diseases?

Joe: Something like that

last boys scout
Re: Love Doesn't Keep Relationships by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
Craziness everywhere

(1) (Reply)

Do Guys Still Find A Lady Attractive If She's Had A Child Already? / What Type Of Kiss Is This?(photo) / 10 Viral Phrases That Will Make Your Relationship Stronger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.