Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,676 members, 7,951,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:48 AM

Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity (2366 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 4:09am On Aug 09, 2009
my sister we thank God.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Krayola2(m): 4:38am On Aug 09, 2009
davidylan:

and after the ottomans . .  the british. Your long story hasnt answered the question . . . who are the arab palestinians? History tells us they are mainly southern Syrians. Pls read up on the nakba of 1920.

you said arabs never controlled the region (known today as Israel).

davidylan:

Palestine was never arab territory, east jerusalem was called judea/samaria until 1949 when Jordan illegally annexed it, wiped it of jews and renamed it the westbank.

it was Arab territory for about 1300 years until the 1st world war. The population was about 80% muslim (close to half a million Muslims) and about 30,000 Jews (I'm being generous) and about 45000 christians

I know u want sources, but i know u'll dismiss mine. . . so feel free to google "census of palestine before 1948" . . I'm eager to know what u find.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 09, 2009
Krayola2:

you said arab never controlled the region (known today as Israel), it was Arab territory for almost 1500 years until the 1st world war. The population was about 80% muslim (close to half a million Muslims) and about 30,000 Jews (I'm being generous).

I know u want sources, but i know u'll dismiss mine. . . so feel free to google "census of palestine before 1948" . . I'm eager to know what u find.

1. I never said "arabs never controlled the region" . . . that is stretching my posts to interject a falsehood. Read my post again, this was what i meant quite clearly - there is and has never been ANY arab nation called PALESTINE!

2. It was quite clearly arab territory for 1500 yrs . . . if this is the basis for declaring Israel an arab-owned nation then so do the jews have equal rights on a land that had been there territory for double that period.

3. The ottomans are not arabs and were in control of Jerusalem until their fall to the British around 1919. If the arab claim on Jerusalem is that the Jews forfeited it after their defeat to the Romans, then should the arabs have forfeited Jerusalem after loosing it to the Ottomans.

4. You quite correctly admit that the population of Jerusalem was about 80% muslim . . . but you also forget that the terms muslim and arab are not one and the same.

5. The arab population that fled Israel around 1948 was roughly 350,000 . . . the population of the jews was about 600,000. The arab population of Israel today is only 20% of the total Israeli population . . . then where is the justification that there were "millions" of arabs in Israel prior to 1949? Where did those "millions" of arabs disappear to?

Bottomline . . . arabs once controlled Israel (by conquest) but lost it to the Ottomans just as the jews lost Israel to the Romans. But as you also rightly point out, Jews continued to live in Israel.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 09, 2009
Again i notice you did not bother to read about the nakba of 1920 because it sheds light as to the origin of those who claim to be "palestinian arabs" today.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 09, 2009
Krayola2:

it was Arab territory for about 1300 years until the 1st world war. The population was about 80% muslim (close to half a million Muslims) and about 30,000 Jews (I'm being generous) and about 45000 christians

I already debunked this claim earlier but i just want to make sure its clearly restated again -

- It wasnt arab territory until the 1st world war because the ottomans were turks not arabs.

- The population was 80% muslim . . . but were those muslims all arabs?
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Krayola2(m): 4:50am On Aug 09, 2009
I've read it.  thanks.

Have u checked the census i asked u to?

When u said Palestine, didn't u mean the place now called "Israel"?  thats what i'm talking about. I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same area. .  abi, no be where Jerusalem dey?

The muslims were certainly not Jews. . .whatever they were, they were not jews.

Anyways, i've said what i've has to say. Believe what u wish  smiley
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Nobody: 4:59am On Aug 09, 2009
Krayola2:

I've read it.  thanks.

No you havent. If you did you'd already be aware that the "palestinians" of today are simply South Syrian immigrants who poured into Israel when jews returned to develop Jerusalem.

If Jerusalem was arab territory and sensitive to the muslim faith all these while, why did it take the return of the jews in 1948 to reclaim what most writers of the 16th and 17th century called a desolate swamp full of mosquitoes and no man?

Krayola2:

Have u checked the census i asked u to?

I've read a lot of them . . . how valid are thus "census" claims? We know for example that the "arab" population grew by an incredible 150% between 1931 and 1945.

Krayola2:

When u said Palestine, didn't u mean the place now called "Israel"?  thats what i'm talking about. I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same area. .  abi, no be where Jerusalem dey?

This again is indicative of the fact that majority of you jump into discussions you have a poor understanding of. Palestine of the Ottoman empire comprised the entire land of Israel, Gaza, the West Bank AND JORDAN!

But why are the "palestinians" not fighting for Jordan which is ruled by a Saudi family with no ties to Palestine?

Krayola2:

Anyways, i've said what i've has to say. Believe what u wish  smiley

you dont know much.
The cen
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Krayola2(m): 6:34am On Aug 09, 2009
davidylan:

If Jerusalem was arab territory and sensitive to the muslim faith all these while, why did it take the return of the jews in 1948 to reclaim what most writers of the 16th and 17th century called a desolate swamp full of mosquitoes and no man?

Jerusalem was controlled by Muslims (since u're allergic to the word arab) for 1300 years. Any history book will tell u that. . .Whether the Ottoman empire was arab or not . . . .  and for about 1000 years before the ottoman empire it was Muslim territory. You can take that to the bank. "desolate swamp" or not, it was Muslim controlled

davidylan:

I've read a lot of them . . .  how valid are thus "census" claims? We know for example that the "arab" population grew by an incredible 150% between 1931 and 1945.

"claims?" lol. . ur'e just being difficult . . .find me any other census numbers. . . Go to any library and dig it up. . .u won't find anything different.  Its funny how almost every history textbook and internet source is wrong, but ur unknown sources are credible. (Just so u know how generous i'm being the census numbers i gave were from 1878. . . I was hoping u'll accept my challenge and google it urself. The later (1922-1948) numbers make u look even more ridiculous.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/British_Mandate_of_Palestine?t=4. (scroll down to section 4.1. . .enjoy  wink )

As u can see there were more jews entering the region than "others" . .ur "syrians" that just flooded the place at the expense of the "rightful Jews"

1922, First British census of Palestine shows population of 757,182, with 78% Muslim, 11% Jewish and 9.6% Christian.
1931, Second British census of Palestine shows total population of 1,035,154 with 73.4% Muslim, 16.9% Jewish and 8.6% Christian.

Both arab and Jewish populations grew immensely in that period (of the balfour declaration). .

The swelling of the Jewish population was mostly Jews migrating to the region to escape persecution from Eastern Europe. . . and even after all of that there were  relatively few jews in the region.  Even the British agreed to limit the mass migration of the Jews. Read about the white paper of 1939, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Paper_of_1939 .  The British were negotiating with the Arabs to accommodate the Jews for bleeps sake. . .

davidylan:

This again is indicative of the fact that majority of you jump into discussions you have a poor understanding of. Palestine of the Ottoman empire comprised the entire land of Israel, Gaza, the West Bank AND JORDAN!

grin grin grin oh, the irony!!

davidylan:

you dont know much.

And you, my friend, know everything. . .from biology, to anthropology, to theology, to history. . .bravo. U are truly blessed  wink
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Krayola2(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2009
I rest my case.

*Hi fives Abuzola* I've got ur back
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 9:42am On Aug 09, 2009
David did you just say the ottoman weren't muslim/arab ?
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Krayola2(m): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2009
@ Abozola,  don't debate him over the irrelevant stuff (Turks technically aren't arabs,. . David is right on that). . whether the ottoman empire was Arab isn't important. . .just let that slide (David is good at using irrelevant stuff to kill a debate when he has embarrassed himself and wants to save face). . . the fact is that Muslim Arabs controlled the region (including what is now called Israel) for about 1000 years before the Ottomans, and were the overwhelming majority of inhabitants before all the drama went down. (He said arabs NEVER did. . .  now he's "moving the goal post", BIG TIME, as usual). [size=14pt]MUSLIM [/size]turks  cool controlled it till the british and french showed up.

Even if u want to go by the Bible stories, the Bible says there were people (non jews, non muslims) there before "Gods chosen people" showed up . . . so technically Jews don't have any original claim to the land. . . unless of course u believe God gave it to them and use that to cloud ur judgement to the point that u start to forge history to fit ur position)

Now, Israel took it over and now control it, which is fair game.  But for anyone to claim that it was never Arab territory has to be the height of ignorance. . .and to stubbornly defend such a claim is just the height of arrogance.
Re: Top Hamas Leader's Son Converts To Christianity by Abuzola(m): 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2009
Alright, i shall oblige

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians, Let's Say That I Convert Back To Xtianity, What Then? Which Church? / Is Yahweh Omni-impotent Or What? / "Some Moslems, Buddhists & Non-believers Are Members Of Body Of Christ"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.