Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,576 members, 7,941,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 07:16 PM

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge (35253 Views)

Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode / FG To Demolish Costain, Jibowu Bridges For Lagos/ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line / El-Rufai To Demolish 40 Churches, 3500 Houses, 16 Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by tsdarkside(m): 12:42am On Apr 26, 2016
its better they plan the 4th mainland bridge police to it too....and even a military barrack to it...

dont forget we live in the end times and terrorism.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by sam90s(m): 1:03am On Apr 26, 2016
Category1:
[size=13pt]i'm so angry that LAGOS wasn't a well planned city.
before the creation of Lagos, all these stuffs should have been jotted down...so pple ain't going to build houses illegally, and now that the Lagos state government is planning to demolish a whole 800 Houses(no be beans now) to make pple poor and homeless?

Haba!. Ambode needs to forget that bridge abeg, 800 houses ke?
How can the poor be getting poorer? This ain't possible.
[/size]

You need to keep track of events outside 9ja man, a whole town has been moved because of projects that're seen as a benefit to millions of citizens not to mention huge economic returns.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by quickly: 1:22am On Apr 26, 2016
Category1:
before the creation of Lagos, all these stuffs should have been jotted down...so pple ain't going to build houses illegally, and now that the Lagos state government is planning to demolish a whole 800 Houses(no be beans now) to make pple poor and homeless?

[/size]

Did they beg them to come to.lagos. and more are still coming better now than later
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by iroc4eva: 1:27am On Apr 26, 2016
and the landlords will be compensated on the pages of newspapers.... well ur idea is superb though but what happens to the Badagry express rout? and who will u be abandoning that one for?....
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by shiimah: 1:29am On Apr 26, 2016
Category1:

[/size]
You didn't get the message well, there is also plans to relocate and
compensate affected residents.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:43am On Apr 26, 2016
shiimah:
You didn't get the message well, there is also plans to relocate and
compensate affected residents.
Compensation na long thing o. You culd be given money as compensation and the moneywould not be up to the value of house demolished.
Also if you do not have a c/o (certificate of ocupancy) or a Governors consent, you may not be able to fully lay claim to your property. Thus, the compensation might elude you if you dwell on just surveyplan&deed of assignment.
How about those who inherited properties from late parents with no documents to show for it?
The compensation thing will not be juicy my man! It'll leave a bitter-sweet taste at the end of the day

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by tatosh: 1:51am On Apr 26, 2016
berrystunn:
.....no work, no food ,no light, no fuel, no water ,

you want to add more .....homeless

Myopic muuumuuu, it is people like you that will still come and complain that the government is doing nothing about traffic or other problems. Here comes a clear solution and you're still complaining.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by aresa: 2:13am On Apr 26, 2016
Category1:

[/size]

Didn't know compensation and relocation dey make people poor...

In different climes, they get rid of people with eminent domain...

Many of you just can not read and comprehend simple English words..

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by porka: 2:34am On Apr 26, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]hmmmmm, that's massive project, if the third mainland bridge with 11.82 km long is arguably the longest in Africa, and now this one with massive 37.9 km will contend with the world's[/size]

Road/bridge = The entire project.

The length of the bridge itself would be known subsequently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by shiimah: 2:43am On Apr 26, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

Compensation na long thing o. You culd be given money as compensation and the moneywould not be up to the value of house demolished.
Also if you do not have a c/o (certificate of ocupancy) or a Governors consent, you may not be able to fully lay claim to your property. Thus, the compensation might elude you if you dwell on just surveyplan&deed of assignment.
How about those who inherited properties from late parents with no documents to show for it?
The compensation thing will not be juicy my man! It'll leave a bitter-sweet taste at the end of the day
Its true sha... U are right
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by porka: 3:09am On Apr 26, 2016
This is a bold move. This is better than road painting and landscaping for 8 years.

By thinking outside the box and taking development outside the choked inner city and creating a non-elitist development model, Ambode could be the real deal. This is what serious people do. This the mark of intelligence and focused mindset. People who make 50 - 100 years future projection would normally think like this.

If this project is carefully and successfully executed. Ambode's name will be written in GOLD like Alhaji Lateef Jakande's.

With the MOU documentation being perfected in May, works should commence on critical milestones in earnest and within 5 to 6 years, this projects should be nearing completion.

This is a very impressive move. This is brave. The lanes should be more than 3rd Mainland Bridge.

And let us all be full of prayer so that Buhari won't see this project as 'corruption' and cancel it like he had done to many projects in the past.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by 76Naira(m): 3:41am On Apr 26, 2016
Category1:

[/size]

I comprehend your frustration and see it from a good point. I would however help to clarify a few points. Lagos state does in fact have a master plan which has existed since the 70s with many recent reviews and improvements in design.
What has been in short supply is the political will to enforce it as well as the selflessness to sustain it.
Check the picture insert and the links below.
Orange island and Gracefield phoenix being dredged today have been mapped out for years waiting for developers.
People should also take responsibility for where they build and how they build. The town planning office is there to go ask a few simple questions and is reachable with less than 4000 Naira from anywhere in Lagos.

http://www.nleworks.com/case/4th-mainland-bridge-masterplan/
http://www.ccrail.ca/index.php/consulting-projects (cntl f for Lagos state, Nigeria)
http://dar.dargroup.com/ProjectsListing/A-Z/B (check in B listing for Badagry masterplan)
http://dar.dargroup.com/Projects/Badagry-Master-Plan (Open image gallery at the bottom and slide through)

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by computer0810(m): 4:52am On Apr 26, 2016
berrystunn:

bro he be like say na only u and ur family dey suffer that tin oh,may God deliver u from poverty,so make government no work becoz ur life no good

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 5:11am On Apr 26, 2016
porka:

Road/bridge = The entire project.

The length of the bridge itself would be known subsequently.
I thought as much because I earlier read on skyscrapercity that the bridge itself will be 15 miles (22.5km) long. That would still make it the longest in Africa.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by hardbody: 5:23am On Apr 26, 2016
Category1:

[/size]

If you have a CofO, you can be sure of some compensation. That is the law

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Gap2020(m): 5:28am On Apr 26, 2016
[quote author=saintdennis post=45042869]

That's why people like you are never leaders...you only look at the pains not the gains.

How is your life panning out with such mentality[/quote ]They should finish the light rail and reduce the rate of motorists and other means of transportation. They keep on starting a project they can't finish.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by ademusiwa11: 5:40am On Apr 26, 2016
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by jcflex(m): 5:41am On Apr 26, 2016
Jarus:
I dey fear o. I stay in inner Ajah and it's only the lagoon that separates my house and Ikorodu.

I see Ikorodu from my place. Praying it's not of the houses to go.

Sir, there is no point for you to fear, as a learned person, you can visit the Lagos state ministry of works, to check for the route of the bridge, all necessary tins for this particular bridge is already on ground since tinubu second tenure. and I remember julius Berger was mobilized to site then, at ikorudu end, but FG withholding lagos state allocation then due to tinubu/obj issue cripple that move.

at your end in ajah, I think the road is to link Langbasa road- Ajah xcept if it has been redesign to follow another route. cus I can see from the article that demolition of houses has reduce from over 3000 to less than 1000.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by TheSociopath(m): 5:46am On Apr 26, 2016
Category1:

[/size]

Oga, no pain no gain

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by agog: 5:58am On Apr 26, 2016
Category1:

[/size]

most of the shanties never had approved lay-out plan.
Government will demolish them without paying compensation just like building structures under a high tension wire. it's not about the poor getting poorer but doing the right thing..

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by cardoctor(m): 6:01am On Apr 26, 2016
800 Families under bridge be dat.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Idris222: 6:03am On Apr 26, 2016
OK na carry go ooooooooooooo cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cry cry cry cry
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by dotun365: 6:20am On Apr 26, 2016
berrystunn:

X
they'll be relocated. And there would be less traffic and more business with higher productivity. We have to loose somethings to gain some other things. Sacrifices have to be made. + you'll save the little fuel that could have been burnt off in traffic

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by lollmaolol(m): 6:46am On Apr 26, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]hmmmmm, that's massive project, if the third mainland bridge with 11.82 km long is arguably the longest in Africa, and now this one with massive 37.9 km will contend with the world's[/size]

Note: proposed road/bridge length will be 37.9km, am not sure it's the bridge only bro!
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Arise01: 6:49am On Apr 26, 2016
grayht:
Hope it wont be handled by jagabans contractors..?
.....thats not your business, it's unfortunate that u can nt open ur stinking mouth withut mentioning Tinubu.shame!
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:04am On Apr 26, 2016
Jarus:
I dey fear o. I stay in inner Ajah and it's only the lagoon that separates my house and Ikorodu.

I see Ikorodu from my place. Praying it's not of the houses to go.
The place you are viewing is Ijede/Bayeku side from that side I can view Langbasa (Ajah)
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by saintdennis(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2016
[quote author=Gap2020 post=45045806][/quote]

Guess u ignored the fact that this is a bridge which will ultimately connect IKORODU to the island/ajah. Thus it's redistributes A LOT OF traffic from the Eko bridge and 3rd mainland bridge as people within ikd-mile12-ketu axis will surely take that route.

Also a new flyover is being constructed @ ajah round about to ease traffic.

The light rail is still being constructed (seen the work @ mile 2 axis and the one around national theatre + they now working on erecting pillars on the river.

As for ferry services dunno cos I dey fear water so won't be interested.

In all lagos is working.. and since this is a new major road and not an expansion it's very commendable
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by 50pseamer(m): 7:23am On Apr 26, 2016
I believe some of us here dont know how expensive the Lagos state government has made C of O acquisition, it costs above 1 million naira, they take the money from you and hardly provide amenities where you are , to even get the C of O is very difficult. I personally think it is wrong for government to make C of O acquisition so expensive, and difficult, even some people that manage to apply dont get it in 3 years. then you turn back and demolish peoples houses knowing fully well that when they dont have a C of O they get nothing. That is the height of criminality, dont forget that a majority of lagosians cant afford this C of O thing , it is just too expensive, i live abroad, and if i buy a land to even start the process I have to pay 300k as tax even as i dont live in Nigeria, and i will pay the same for the seller aswell plus other charges, i think our goverment habe lost their humanity, and only God will defend the poor in that country. Why should C of O be more that 100,000 Naira since its clear that a majority of Nigerians are poor, what is the Minimum wage in Nigeria? And now he wants to demolish 800 houses, some peoples life savings.
agog:

most of the shanties never had approved lay-out plan.
Government will demolish them without paying compensation just like building structures under a high tension wire. it's not about the poor getting poorer but doing the right thing..
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by benflin(m): 7:36am On Apr 26, 2016
Category1:

[/size]

Did u know the meaning of " fully compensated" in the text? They will become more richer, cos if ur house is worth 1m government will give u 5m. It a good development I think
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Boss13: 7:37am On Apr 26, 2016
This will not alleviate traffic. The government should be planning alternative transport systems. What is happening to the light rail. Lagos should have underground railways, especially for cargo movements and commuting passengers.

The 4th mainland bridge is a welcome idea, but it will not solve the problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Releases Time-table For Recalling Melaye / Edo Demolishes Victor Ighile Mojo's Hotel / How Obaseki, Oshiomhole Became Pawns In The Anti-tinubu Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.