Stats: 3,168,905 members, 7,872,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? (4331 Views)

Can a no sex,no romance relationship be possible / Can A Relationship Be Successful Without Lies? / Can "Love" In A Relationship Be 50:50?? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by agabaI23(m): 1:00am On Aug 12, 2009
bluespice:

err i wouldnt say ultimetly dominant
but i think one partner's opinions count more
might not be deliberate or obvious tho . . undecided

Like you would want it to be different? undecided
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by bluespice(f): 1:04am On Aug 12, 2009
excuse me?
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by agabaI23(m): 1:51am On Aug 12, 2009
Quite excused!
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by izeek(m): 7:11am On Aug 12, 2009
agabaI23:

Quite excused!

NL always seem to have the right answers. lol. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by princekevo(m): 7:14am On Aug 12, 2009
@ poster
A ship with two captains must definitely hit a rock someday, Believe it or not they can never be an equality in any relationship, reflect on all the relationships you have had since you were a kid , and  if you can tell yourself the truth you will understand that what normal causes trouble or break up to any relationship is when both starts claiming equality. Even Girl to give relationship,
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by SegzyJoe(m): 7:56am On Aug 12, 2009
@post
NO, NEVER. Every relationship is a power relation, one of the partner MUST naturally hold the ace, whether thru influence, coercion, rights, persuation etc. The bitter truth is there is no power balance in human relationship, what we have is the semblance of that balance.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by nose: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2009
Let's understand it that for any relationship to hold, it must involve two people. And like the saying goes,' it takes two to tango'. Sustaining the relationship therefore, must be what the two have to agree to, first within themselves i.e. it must come from within. Secondly, we must also agree that for any relationship to work, the two must and should be ready to win some and loose some .It is a give and take affair. It is on the basis of this give and take that relationships become equal because there is no victor, no vanquished. There should be no sign of dominance in a relationship otherwise complex sets in and somebody begins to see himself or herself as superior or inferior.
Once again relationship is a give and take affair. anything outside this creates division and insincerity.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by Junee(f): 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2009
no relationship can ever be equal

If one person earns more, he/she has to provide more

If one person loves more, he/she does more of the doting

responsibilities can never be equal. one person will always have greater control in whatevr he/she is capable of doing.

There can never be equality but One-ness
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by na2day2(m): 1:01am On Aug 14, 2009
sexyLeamon:

It was put to me recently that in any relationship, there is always one person who is ultimately dominant. This goes against everything I believe. But since I have an obligation to myself to continually learn and question, I decided to throw this question out to all you nairalanders in order to get other perspectives.

there should always be mutual respect but there will always be one dominant in any relationship and most times it is naturally the man. now that we are clear, u know i will be the dominate one, right? dont worry, i will still have mutual respect for u as long as u do ur womanly duties wink wink
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by nose: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2009
in as much as i respect everybody's view on this topic, i wish we will see the issue of relationship more serious than we are looking at it. I believe the issue at hand bothers on serious definite one and not the use and dump type. In as much as i agree that there will always be a dominant person (male or female. but in most cases male)in any relationship, this ought not to be pronounced as the end result will always be rancour in such r/ship. However, if we learn to accept that one person in the r/ship, usually the male, is the lead captain and guide and the lead captain understands that he is a guide that is not perfect but can also be advised and guided in some areas, then i believe you will agree with me that the r/ship can be equal and opposite. we just need to work on this principle to see the light therein. This is my personal opinion.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by Naphysate(f): 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2009
It is not possible for any relationship to be equal,because we not born in the same family.Even does who came out from the same womb,does n't behave the same way,not to talk of their characters. smiley
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by C2H5OH(f): 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
what an analogy. it flew right over my head.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2009
Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? undecided
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by na2day2(m): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2009
ezinne1212:

are u asking the poster the same question the poster is asking u? undecided undecided
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by sexyLeamon(f): 6:16am On Aug 15, 2009
ezinne1212:

na2day?:

are u asking the poster the same question the poster is asking u? undecided undecided
am confuse
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by na2day2(m): 6:22am On Aug 15, 2009
sexyLeamon:

am confuse

shouldn't be honey, i was just trying to straighten out ezinne1212 wink wink
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by aktheuite(m): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2009
No
/ thread
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by sweetpie23: 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2009
stupid question undecided
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by datsame: 10:20am On Aug 18, 2009
relationship can only be equal, if the two partiesinvolved are angel
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by agabaI23(m): 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2009
datsame:

relationship can only be equal, if the two partiesinvolved are angel
There is hierarchy among angels
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by iice(f): 7:10pm On Aug 30, 2009
@Topic
No. . .there can be balance though.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by likky: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2009
It depends sha
If ur talking about dating, it can neva be equal
Smbody must turn into a mumu n d other person, a mumuress. grin
Thats d only way things can work out.
If its marriage of course, d man is d head so u should knw wht that makes d woman,
tongue tongue
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by na2day2(m): 1:30am On Aug 31, 2009
likky:

It depends sha
If your talking about dating, it can neva be equal
Smbody must turn into a mumu n d other person, a mumuress. grin
Thats d only way things can work out.
If its marriage of course, d man is d head so u should knw wht that makes d woman,
tongue tongue

rotflmao grin grin grin grin

the tail? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by C2H5OH(f): 1:32am On Aug 31, 2009
thumbs up @ ice
iice:

@Topic
No. . .there can be balance though.

‘I Gave Him Sex For A Place To Live, But He Wants My Daughters As Sex Slaves Too / What Should I Do? / Meet The 15 Hottest Mums In Nigeria Entertainment Industry!