Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:27 PM

Economical Taxi With Anti-theft Features - Please Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Economical Taxi With Anti-theft Features - Please Advice (724 Views)

How Economical Are V4 Cars? / Owning A Car Or Public Transport In Lagos, Which More Economical? / Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economical Taxi With Anti-theft Features - Please Advice by MPVGoddess: 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
Because of this thread, https://www.nairaland.com/3071262/car-been-stolen-maitama-abuja, I gotta ask a question before I get burnt:

Because i am investing in transportation business, I have been requested to purchase the same type of vehicle for my inlaw to do taxi business in abuja.

Which vehicles used for taxi come with factory security aka anti-theft deterrents like immobilizer and programmed keys.

I know that pedal lock, fuel cut timer, tracker are installed by buyers not the factory.

I just hope that this vehicle also has steering lock or they didn't include those in the cars until recently?

cc GAZZUZZ
Re: Economical Taxi With Anti-theft Features - Please Advice by mrsage(m): 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
MPVGoddess:
Because of this thread, https://www.nairaland.com/3071262/car-been-stolen-maitama-abuja, I gotta ask a question before I get burnt:

Because i am investing in transportation business, I have been requested to purchase the same type of vehicle for my inlaw to do taxi business in abuja.

Which vehicles used for taxi come with factory security aka anti-theft deterrents like immobilizer and programmed keys.

I know that pedal lock, fuel cut timer, tracker are installed by buyers not the factory.

I just hope that this vehicle also has steering lock or they didn't include those in the cars until recently?

cc GAZZUZZ

From my little experience. These guys who steal cars are also experts. Irrespective of the steering lock, keys etc. In Naija here your car may still get stolen.

I discovered recently that these guys also have expert electricians/ mechanics as part of the criminal network.

The most practical solution here in Nigeria is to just install a tracking device and take up comprehensive insurance.
Re: Economical Taxi With Anti-theft Features - Please Advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
MPVGoddess:

cc GAZZUZZ

every car I own has a tracking device. Just install a tracker. No one will ever believe a cheap taxi had one installed.
Re: Economical Taxi With Anti-theft Features - Please Advice by MPVGoddess: 10:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

every car I own has a tracking device. Just install a tracker. No one will ever believe a cheap taxi had one installed.

Thanks boss, the comment was created based on your input on the other thread. Glad that you commented
Re: Economical Taxi With Anti-theft Features - Please Advice by MPVGoddess: 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
mrsage:

From my little experience. These guys who steal cars are also experts. Irrespective of the steering lock, keys etc. In Naija here your car may still get stolen.

I discovered recently that these guys also have expert electricians/ mechanics as part of the criminal network.

The most practical solution here in Nigeria is to just install a tracking device and take up comprehensive insurance.

makes sense to me

+common sense i.e., a keen understanding of no-go areas, no-go passengers, and no-park areas at anytime or particular times, and keeping an eye on associates and even ensuring one lives in a secure area, all of the above can reduce the risk

thanks
Re: Economical Taxi With Anti-theft Features - Please Advice by AutoJoshNG: 9:13am On Apr 28, 2016
MPVGoddess:

cc GAZZUZZ

Hello MPVGoddess,

Gone are the days of pedal locks and immobilizers. Just take up a comprehensive insurance. You may install a car tracker as well.

Autojoshng
Re: Economical Taxi With Anti-theft Features - Please Advice by mrsage(m): 9:46am On Apr 28, 2016
MPVGoddess:

makes sense to me

+common sense i.e., a keen understanding of no-go areas, no-go passengers, and no-park areas at anytime or particular times, and keeping an eye on associates and even ensuring one lives in a secure area, all of the above can reduce the risk

thanks

If you are in transport business always train your drivers on security awareness. It's very important. Make sure they know what to do at every point in time.
Re: Economical Taxi With Anti-theft Features - Please Advice by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
#Vehicletracker9ja# Introducing the GPS Car Tracker for
global vehicle tracking. This is one of the
best car theft prevention and vehicle
protection system available today. With
convenient SMS ability, full-range of alarm
functions including gas to engine cut off,
and the latest in GPS tracking technology,
the Car Tracker is the ultimate safety device for your car, van, truck, or even the entire vehicle fleet.

Here is a small list of what it can do for you
and your vehicle:

Track on Demand - Replies with a TXT
message of current latitude, longitude,
speed, and time, as well as an Internet map
link to your cellphone to show you exactly
where the GPS tracker/your vehicle is.

Movement and Speed Alert: The tracker can
warm you with SMS message when the
vehicle starts to move from a stationary
status, or when the vehicle is moving faster
than a preset speed.

Stop the Engine: You can send an SMS
message to the tracker to cut off the gas
and battery power, so the engine will remain
in an immobilized stated until you send SMS to resume the default of unit.

GPRS: With a GPRS enabled SIM card, you
can monitor real-time movement of your
vehicle with the supplied software on your
computer.

Conversations: You can call the tracker and listen to conversation inside the vehicle.

So how does the GPS Car Tracker work?

The unit is powered by automotive battery,
and should be installed inside a vehicle
(preferably a place where it cannot be seen,
for example, under the car seat). It runs on
the latest GPS SiRF III chip-set, a
sophisticated GPS microchip embedded into
the heart of the tracker which continually
reads its own location from low orbiting
global satellites and then utilizes the GSM/
GPRS infrastructure operated by your
cellular network provider to transmit its
current location to you. All you need to do is
insert a working SIM card, it even has Quad-
band Connectivity so it works anywhere in
the world. The GPS Car Tracker makes no
sound at all, so you are fully aware of what
is happening to your car, but the inside
driver and passenger don't know that their
activity and locations are been constantly
reported. Contact us for Car tracking installation services Nationwide Call /WhatsApp 08144758217 www.facebook.com/vehicletracker9ja

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Export 400 Locally Made Vehicles To Mali (DAILYTRUST) / Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Is Recruiting – See How To Apply / How To Swap Registered Plate Number From One Vehicle To Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.