Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,345 members, 7,888,101 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:17 PM

Ekiti Citizens And Fayose's Bridge By Ola Olusola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Citizens And Fayose's Bridge By Ola Olusola (538 Views)

"Warrior Meets Warrior" - FFK And Fayose Meet At PDP Convention (Photo) / Audio Leak: Wike And Fayose Mock Nigerian Army Over Rivers Rerun - Sahara R / Pmb And Fayose In China !!! Spot The Difference !!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Citizens And Fayose's Bridge By Ola Olusola by olavictors(m): 4:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
KITI PEOPLE AND FAYOSE'S BRIDGE by Ola Olusola
Overtime, Ekiti people have shown their love for Governor Ayo Fayose without jokes. Fayose earned the love and trust of his people during his first term as Governor of the state. He has always banked on his touch the common man, which for him has paid off. He claimed he understands the heartbeat of the Ekiti man, he 'knows just what to do to move the state forward', and I thank God for that.
There has been some questions on the lips of the average Ekiti citizen recently, these questions are begging for answers because it has proved to be a puzzle.
Fayose has embarked on some developmental projects since his second coming he has even completed some. I have termed three of these projects as 'main projects', I did that because: the amount for each of the projects is huge, the construction will be on for a long period of time, and lastly the projects will serve a large number of people with myriad purposes. The projects are the Modern Oba market, the overhead bridge at Fajuyi Park and the Airport.
I understand the immediate need and purpose of the new market and for that I am thankful to the Governor. But I don't understand why Ekiti people need that overhead bridge and Airport at this time. The construction of the bridge has started and it is expected to gulp 5.7B Naira out of the governmen t's purse. I have not seen any 'meaningful' traffic jam at Fajuyi and environs. In my opinion, Ado does not need such overhead bridge for now. If at all the Government wants to construct such, it should be at the old garage area of the City.
Akure has an Airport, if the road liking Ado and Akure is in shape, it will take about 40 minutes to get to Ado from Akure. Fine we can say 'Teni ni teni' but there are more pending issues which the government should have faced rather than the Airport. The state government has been struggling to meet its financial obligations to it workers, there are teaming unemployed youths in the state, industries has remained in the dreams of the people.
The government has defended the airport project severally and all I can do is wish them well, the government should also come out and defend this overhead bridge project because many citizens including I thinks this is a clear misplacement of priorities. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Citizens And Fayose's Bridge By Ola Olusola by amaco12(m): 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ekiti people self!!!

(1) (Reply)

FGN Vs Saraki / Reasons You Should Not Take Any Politician Serious ... / Buhari Yet To Receive Corrected 2016 Budget – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.