Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,784 members, 7,882,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:14 PM

FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) (13784 Views)

Nigeria: Facts about the six (6) geopolitical zones explained (Photos). / FG Draws 3-year Plan For Major Roads In Six Geopolitical Zones / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by Pidggin(f): 8:56am On Apr 28, 2016
grin Lies again?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by EazyMoh(m): 8:59am On Apr 28, 2016
Will you guys shut up and work!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by Yoyostic: 8:59am On Apr 28, 2016
How can I get the contract?
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by omonnakoda: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2016
ManirBK:
The Federal Government has completed plans to begin mass housing units in all the six geo-political zones of the country.A director in the Ministry of Works and Housing, Arch. Sani Gidado, who represented the minister,Babatunde Fashola, said the projects which were designed to suit the locations of the zones, would commence as soon as the 2016 budget is passed into law.

He said previous mass housing projects in the country were carried out without considering the environment and locations, and for over 16 years, government stopped financing housing directly, but the present government had reversed the trend.
Arch. Ikenna Ekeredu, a representative of the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mohammed Bello, said out of the 17 million housing units being proposed, about eight million units would be built in the FCT.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-to-begin-mass-housing-in-6-geopolitical-zones/144483.html
* million in Abuja ke? What is the population of Abuja?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by juman(m): 9:03am On Apr 28, 2016
lagosrd:

Waste of money on unprofitable ventures. Gov. Has no business in building houses for people. Empower people so that they can build for themselves what they feel a good house should be no the "mass" houses like shagari embarked on. Where are they. Anyway that is the best a country will get when they have lawyers in positions due for technocrats.

On the buildings, the government is on the right track.
The minister is perfect for the position. When he was governor he was a builder governor.

But hope its not another propaganda news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by dondo83(m): 9:06am On Apr 28, 2016
lagosrd:

Bro I quite agree with you but in this situation is Nigeria going towards that direction. Government have no business in business. Let them just regulate. So you want people to die again from collapse buildings and pls tell me what does a lawyer knows about construction excel that they poke their nose everywhere.
Meanwhile check well USA doesn't do this trash china and their likes is a communist country.

when they empower you what will you build? probably a bungalow, your neighbors build duplexes another one builds blocks of flats. where is the uniformity? who will do the infrastructures like road, water , electricity etc? my point is that mass housing is always a win win situation

2 Likes

Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by Grundig: 9:13am On Apr 28, 2016
I didn't know half the population of Nigeria lived in abuja.

The Same abuja where a sizeable chunk have a chip on their shoulders . . ,you expect them to live in 'council flats'??

Maybe I'm being ignorant and simplistic.
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by veuttoutlemonde: 9:13am On Apr 28, 2016
lagosrd:

Bro I quite agree with you but in this situation is Nigeria going towards that direction. Government have no business in business. Let them just regulate. So you want people to die again from collapse buildings and pls tell me what does a lawyer knows about construction excel that they poke their nose everywhere.
Meanwhile check well USA doesn't do this trash china and their likes is a communist country.

What an excuse you are giving. Nigerians do not have homes and the government is trying to provide them not for free and you are complaining.
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by hakim92(m): 9:19am On Apr 28, 2016
Of the 17 million housing units being proposed, about eight million units would be built in the FCT.

Almost half of the housing units will be built in Abuja alone where we have lesser population of down-trodden, one would have thought the best thing to do is to have the 17 million housing unit shared evenly among the 6 geo-political zones. Only God knows when we will start doing things correctly. If you ask them what informed their decision to have half of the housing unit built in Abuja, they will not be able to give you any tenable reason other than the balderdash that Abuja is the FCT.

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by ki02020(m): 9:27am On Apr 28, 2016
rayblast:
8million in Abuja out of 17million houses? 9million will b shared among d geo political zones. Na only Abuja b Nigeria? No money no money construction of roads nd flyovers still dey go on for Abuja. U guys should b fair enough to develop oda places too. Abi make una dey rotate dis FCT every 8years. make oda state too develop. Lagos was d capital before it was moved to Abuja. So which state should b next?

GOD bless you bro...almost 50% of the project in one place...fashola got it wrong on this one

2 Likes

Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by yemisat: 10:03am On Apr 28, 2016
rayblast:
8million in Abuja out of 17million houses? 9million will b shared among d geo political zones. Na only Abuja b Nigeria? No money no money construction of roads nd flyovers still dey go on for Abuja. U guys should b fair enough to develop oda places too. Abi make una dey rotate dis FCT every 8years. make oda state too develop. Lagos was d capital before it was moved to Abuja. So which state should b next?
State Government too should key into the vision and complement the FG's initiative on housing.
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by afolayangs(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2016
i hope the houses when completed will not be taken over by politicians

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by lagosrd: 10:39am On Apr 28, 2016
veuttoutlemonde:

What an excuse you are giving. Nigerians do not have homes and the government is trying to provide them not for free and you are complaining.

What percentage of average nigerians do you think will benefit from this arrangements. A I still insists that government have no business in doing business. All they need do is to provide the regulation perhaps infrastructure and amenities to live a habitable life. Shikena. Since the electricity tariff has been hacked has power improved in the country? That is a food for t....
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by lagosrd: 10:40am On Apr 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
* million in Abuja ke? What is the population of Abuja?

This government is not just getting it. Must everybody stay in abuja?
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by lagosrd: 10:42am On Apr 28, 2016
afolayangs:
i hope the houses when completed will not be taken over by politicians

Definitely. Abi what makes you qualify for such houses
and I know they won't come cheap like Nigerians expected. Laughing in 3d
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by lagosrd: 10:50am On Apr 28, 2016
dondo83:

when they empower you what will you build? probably a bungalow, your neighbors build duplexes another one builds blocks of flats. where is the uniformity? who will do the infrastructures like road, water , electricity etc? my point is that mass housing is always a win win situation

Oga ooooo.
Anyway I think I need to educate you on this one. You can have uniformity in construction and zoning is however used based on population density. Where you want low density you can zone blocked of duplexes of not more than 3 bedroom per lot .on the other hand where you need high density you can equally build/ zone block of flats and 4bdrm +5bedrm and so on there. So what government need do is to provide the land, do simple buildable designs put in infrastructures like electricity poles , maybe central sewage system, tarred roads and allocate such land to beneficiaries with strict monitoring on construction methods and standards. Hope that is useful brov.
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by RashKhan(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2016
That I believe this present dispensation will take nigeria to the next level all we need is just to pray and believe we can make it all together.
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 28, 2016
Very funny govt, nigerian 2016 budget is not enough to build even 5 million houses talk more of 17million. Well, they can only promise as usual.
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by Jesusloveyou: 11:17am On Apr 28, 2016
gidgiddy:
The Buhari administration that has not been able to initiate and commission a single capital project after almost a year in office is going to build 17 million housing units? I laugh in Chinese
wahala dey ooo, our youth are so senseless, in 16yrs of pdp, they never initiate a single plan to build a common housing unit in any part of the country, pls get sense to always bless pmb everyday of ur life, God bless pmb

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by Jesusloveyou: 11:32am On Apr 28, 2016
Pidggin:
grin Lies again?
becos ur ineffectual buffoon use to lie to us before, that is why u also think this govt is like before, this is what wil call change, so wailers should stop wailing, God bless pmb

2 Likes

Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 28, 2016
fotadmowmend:
I no understand this govt again .... everything na govt 'To' and thr has never bn govt 'has'
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by gidgiddy: 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
wahala dey ooo, our youth are so senseless, in 16yrs of pdp, they never initiate a single plan to build a common housing unit in any part of the country, pls get sense to always bless pmb everyday of ur life, God bless pmb

You should be asking God to save you from the gworo chewing Daura cattle rearer
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by dondo83(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
lagosrd:

Oga ooooo.
Anyway I think I need to educate you on this one. You can have uniformity in construction and zoning is however used based on population density. Where you want low density you can zone blocked of duplexes of not more than 3 bedroom per lot .on the other hand where you need high density you can equally build/ zone block of flats and 4bdrm +5bedrm and so on there. So what government need do is to provide the land, do simple buildable designs put in infrastructures like electricity poles , maybe central sewage system, tarred roads and allocate such land to beneficiaries with strict monitoring on construction methods and standards. Hope that is useful brov.

All you just wrote is known by all, now lets be practical. mention areas that were build by individual s ( not companies or fg) that has all the infrastructure you just mentioned in nigeria
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by lagosrd: 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
dondo83:

All you just wrote is known by all, now lets be practical. mention areas that were build by individual s ( not companies or fg) that has all the infrastructure you just mentioned in nigeria

You should pls note that that I have explained that in my write up. All government needs do is provide a land that is free of litigation, do road map out if possible tarr the road and put electricity where necessary and then sell it out at a very subsidize rate. Not build houses for people. FYI where I live we graded the road and bought a new transformer and bought tens of concrete poles to get electricity. I think we tried our best without a single government effort.
Re: FG To Begin 17m Mass Housing In 6 Geopolitical Zones (dailytrust) by Dollyak(f): 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2016
This proposition just all but confirmed my suspicion that Fashola is really clueless and out of his depth. How are you going to fund 17million houses. Come on guys, do the maths. $100 Billion isn't even enough to a 17million tent and they are throwing useless figures about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Attack Israeli Government If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Deported Back To Nigeria / Abia State Community Pipeline Explosion: President Buhari Expresses Regret Over / Gov Sanwo-Olu & Speaker Abbas To Commission Projects Built By Femi Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.