Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,493 members, 7,951,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver (17951 Views)

LASTMA Official Stabbed With Bottle By Danfo Driver (Disturbing Photos) / Policeman And LASTMA Spotted Fighting In Lekki (Photos & Video) / Soldier Shoots Tanker Driver Dead For Obstructing His Way In Abeokuta (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by popesam1(m): 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
[b][ Lastma Official in collaboration with police killed a petrol tanker driver. b]
According to a Twitter user @lanreneville, he said the driver was killed after his prayer on apapaoshodi. He said the tanker driver was observing his solar beside his truck when Lastma and police arrived, they asked him the reason for delay as other vehicles moved but he said its due to solat. They argued one of the officials tried dragging him of his vehicles, he fell off, the Lastma vehicle climbed him and he died. Lastma and men of Police hurriedly left the venue before boys came. His motor boy haruna explained to community to community boys. The boys from Ijesha community has since blocked the apapaoshodi expressway by burning tyres and demanding for Governor Ambode, else they will stay for days. Later on, Police from Ijesha Police Station came shooting straight at them (the boys) but youths over powered them and they (the police) ran. The tanker driver was covered with the mat he used to observe solat.

http://www.naijapopular.com/2016/04/police-and-lastma-official-killed.html?m=1

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by nedu2000(m): 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
I've learnt a lot in this world,that it's not what you say at times that matter but how you say it.
How did the policeman tell the driver to move his truck? How was the truck driver's reaction to their instruction? The answer to this this more often than not lies the genesis of the unfortunate scuffle

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by asumo12: 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by tommykiwi(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
The two of them well? Police are Ur friend! I dislike police with passion.

5 Likes

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by olaoluwaodewale(m): 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hmm
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by Dee60: 4:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
a
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by solochris(m): 4:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
police and latsma in Lagos synonymous to Boko and F. herdsmen in the north. u should kn dia mission

11 Likes

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by Dee60: 4:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
CHANGE starts when Police starts going after killer herdsmen and hoodlums instead of spending lots of their resources mounting roadblocks all over the place checking for 'particulars' of vehicles at gunpoint! When will this stop?

CHANGE starts when VIO is completely taken off the roads and enrolled in the Police instead. Or how do you explain the fact that they totally ignore ricketty cars and hunt after SUVs asking for 'road worthiness'! Vehicles that are absolutely and obviously not roadworthy always pass the test because the drivers wont cooperate any way! When will this stop? How come the average VIO is heavily pot-bellied?

LASTMA? Lagis is tired of their antics! CHANGE is needed now? Once I had a breakdown and had to pull aside by a main road. When two LASTMA guys arrived they offered 2 options - They wanted their private towing vehicle to do the job (and they get paid) or they arrest the vehicle for breaking down!

PMB, Ambo, BAT, when will this CHANGE start?

12 Likes

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by solochris(m): 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
police and latsma in Lagos synonymous to Boko and F. herdsmen in the north. u should kn dia mission

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by Pecca: 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
h.okay
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by moscobabs(m): 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
my name is khan and am not a terrorist!!!

Lasma and police are Lagos terrorists

2 Likes

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by Tafee(m): 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
i have an uncle that can help whats his platr number
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
[size=13pt] Nigerian police- Killing innocent citizens since 1960...

But why d guy sef dey pray for road? Abi na islam talk say u MUST pray by fire by force at d time u ar meant to even if na for rail track? [/size]

Btw,listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/

9 Likes

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by onadana: 4:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
Praying on the road...... delaying other people? I don't get it.

12 Likes

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by segzyogondus(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
Police and Lastma must provide the officers oooo Cos d guy did nothing wrong.... When person respect himself people go call am fear....
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by otunbashonny(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
No one knows where,when and how you will leave this world.
Rip to the truck driver
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by Swissheart(f): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2016
God have mercy. Was he praying on the road?? Even if he was, it shouldn't have resulted into terminating his life

4 Likes

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by psalmuelwater(m): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2016
Who we wan blame now? I jz taya
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 29, 2016
My girlfriend just arrived...she will hear it this weekend.
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by AgentGoat: 5:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
Which kind tin be this
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by BabaAgba001(m): 5:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
I want to believe that Mr Devil will be blamed once again for this. I trust police they always disappear wen dy knw dat dem DN uproot wahala nd good at apportion of blame to unsuspectingvictim. To d dead ur case is closed on earth to the angry Youth pls don't fall victim to Police/Lastma their is God.

Am till waiting to hear their own version of d tori.
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by Willdidi(m): 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2016
onadana:
Praying on the road...... delaying other people? I don't get it.

My thoughts as well, is there no any available place to pray aside a major and busy express road, I'm not justifying any body taking another man's life but this could all be avoided with soft spoken words from both sides.

13 Likes

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by GboyegaD(m): 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2016
It is unfortunate the law enforcement authorities did not handle the situation well enough. They should learn to be civil as there was no reason to drag him. If the truck is duly registered, they could capture the number so as to get across to the owner who should produce the driver for them.

That said, the driver on his part was selfish as I do not understand why you have to park on the road to say your prayers. He did not respect other road users and was indirectly forcing/rubbing his religion on them. Above all, may his soul rest in perfect peace.

To those burning tires on the road, how does that resolve the issue at hand? We need learn that destroying things would at the end backfire on us thus, the need to seek to resolve issues via dialogue.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by persius555(m): 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2016
Police and Lastma are a nuisance on lagos roads. Extorting motorists like bounty hunters.

2 Likes

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by Eluwilussit(m): 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
OkparaJesus:
My girlfriend just arrived...she will hear it this weekend.

What can you do? That babe will take ten of you and nothing go happen. Forget bro. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by olafum1(m): 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
As far as I do not support those officials excesses in the death of the young man. I think it's time the Leaders in Islam start discouraging their adherents from seeing themselves as Lord over others when it comes to them praying or observing jumat.

It is widely known that they gladly block township roads and use such roads for prayers especially on Fridays, this is what lead to the death of those Shites, and I feel even the government have to discourage such at all levels.

I don't care if u call me antiislam, but u will surely learn and be wise one day when dangote truck comes knocking.

10 Likes

Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by rawtouch: 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
the man was already at quarter to die

rip hope his family finds the strength to bear the loss
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by greatex(m): 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Rip tanker driver
Re: Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
well said...
nedu2000:
I've learnt a lot in this world,that it's not what you say at times that matter but how you say it.
How did the policeman tell the driver to move his truck? How was the truck driver's reaction to their instruction? The answer to this this more often than not lies the genesis of the unfortunate scuffle

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Man Over $370,000 Fake Marriage Scam / Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians / Policeman Commits Suicide For Missing Assessment Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.