Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,090 members, 7,880,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:46 PM

Is It Normal For Me To Give Money To A Police Officer To Appreciate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Normal For Me To Give Money To A Police Officer To Appreciate? (341 Views)

Hausa Men Take Cover In A Police Station After Clash With IPOB Members In Rivers / See How Wole Soyinka Was Arrested By A Police Officer In The Good Old Days(pic) / Chained Generator Spotted In A Police Station.... Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Normal For Me To Give Money To A Police Officer To Appreciate? by ItuExchange(m): 1:26am On Apr 30, 2016
If you see police officers eating at a restaurant, is it permissible to pay for their meal (perhaps anonymously) as a way to thank them for their service?

A friend of mine is a chief of police in a small town. He has a strict "no gratuities" policy for officers, and they tend to observe it. One day, two officers finished their meal and were told by the cashier that another couple who had just left the restaurant had paid for their food. They were concerned this might be a violation of the department policy, even though they had every intention of paying for their meals. Their solution was to pay for the meal of an older couple they saw eating in the restaurant. By "paying it forward," they resolved their ethical conflict and did something nice for someone else.

That said, I think most cops would appreciate the gesture, but know that it would pose an ethical and/or procedural problem for some. I've paid the meal tabs for military service members I've seen eating in restaurants. So far as I know, they have no ethical restrictions in that regard.

Source: https://www.quora.com/If-you-see-police-officers-eating-at-a-restaurant-is-it-permissible-to-pay-for-their-meal-perhaps-anonymously-as-a-way-to-thank-them-for-their-service

Neteller here: www..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Stop Playing Politics With Fulani Herdsmen Attacks! / FLASH/ May 21 National Convention Must Hold- PDP / As A Nigerian. Which Do You Despise More Between PHCH And Nigerian Police Force?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.