Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,773 members, 7,875,931 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:49 AM

Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships (15325 Views)

Undergraduate Scholarships At St Andrews University For International Students / International Scholarships For Nigerians / British Chevening Scholarships For Nigerian Students To Study In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by FanYogo1(f): 3:00am On Apr 30, 2016
[size=15pt]Pupils win Linux scholarships[/size]

Two students of the Fountain Heights School, Surulere, Lagos, Mosope Odukoya and Efemena Agbaire, have won scholarships for their performances in Linux Systems Administration from foremost Linux Programme Training Manager, VNigeria.

On the award, which was set up to mark the third anniversary of the company, Chief Executive, Adedayo Adasanya commended Mosope, who pooled the highest votes through an online election as the best Linux System Administrator of the school. He was rewarded with a Linux-enabled computer, which would help with his education.

Efemena, on the other hand, was voted the most active student in class and won a scholarship worth $3,500 from the company.

Adesanya described the success recorded by the students as a huge challenge to other schools which are yet to embrace Linux Information Technology, saying the mode of programming is widely utilised.

“There is no doubt that the benefits of Linux Programme are numerous. For example, Facebook was built on Linux, Twitter was built on Linux, Amazon was built on Linux, Android is a mobile distribution of Linux, 70 per cent of our Television sets run Linux and Military weapons too run Linux,” said Adesanya.

He added that Nigeria being the only certified Red Hat training partner in West Africa, aims at bringing Linux (using Red Hat as a standard) to Nigerian students by providing them with Linux administration modules while focusing on core administration tasks.

Already, two institutions, Yaba College of Technology (Computer Science Department) and The University of Lagos (Systems Engineering Department) are set to introduce Linux as a course from next session.

http://thenationonlineng.net/pupils-win-linux-scholarships/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by FanYogo1(f): 3:16am On Apr 30, 2016
Technology is the future. Kudos to these children for making us proud kiss

6 Likes

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Scholes007(m): 7:16am On Apr 30, 2016
Congrates to the students. Congrates to Lagosians Congrates to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by theV0ice: 7:18am On Apr 30, 2016
Very good news.

ICT is where the gold is at right now and if we wish to develop, we must pay proper attention to it.

Nigerians are never in short supply of talent. The govt simply needs to provide enabling environment and upgraded infrastructure and leave the rest to these talented Nigerians.

The sky would even become a starting point.

God bless these guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by jazinogold(m): 9:25am On Apr 30, 2016
kudos
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by dopechoks(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2016
good for them
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by omolola15(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2016
Name checkers over to you

4 Likes

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Fanyogoyogo: 9:26am On Apr 30, 2016
Yoruba again. Kilode? grin

9 Likes

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Generalkorex(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2016
I came here to check names.
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by frankwells(f): 9:27am On Apr 30, 2016
ICT,d new Crude oil,You wont see them fight for FP since its not an issue of concern for Nigerian youths unlike celebrities hullabaloo
Abeg click Like for the Yoruba name and state and Share for the other name,over to Name Checkers association

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by jamex93(m): 9:28am On Apr 30, 2016
cheesy
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Larow(m): 9:31am On Apr 30, 2016
I know say yoruba gaz de dere! Na wa o

3 Likes

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Horlawale1(m): 9:31am On Apr 30, 2016
Great
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by buharisbae(f): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2016
eh ya! and the next door neighbour already having heart attack! grin boasting no good o! chaiii tongue

kudos to yorubas kip doing Africa proud jare

3 Likes

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2016
K
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by debris: 9:34am On Apr 30, 2016
Igbos and Yorubas making Nigeria proud internationally since 1900BC cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by waylz(m): 9:35am On Apr 30, 2016
[quote author=bgrace867 post=45174971][/quote] I wonder why you are yet to be banned.
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Evestar200(f): 9:37am On Apr 30, 2016
.thanks to Urhobo boy for making us proud . Names Checkers Association Warri Branch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 30, 2016
LANICKY FOR MISS NAIRALAND

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by babs01(m): 9:40am On Apr 30, 2016
Na SE people againg? anyway na my kinsman be mr Presido
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Highbhee(m): 9:43am On Apr 30, 2016
This pple again.....What is ds 2016 turning into...Buhari pribe dis yoruba abeg....the floor entrepreneur Field .....

meanwhile......Jehovah withness cant save You

Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by shyguyy(m): 9:45am On Apr 30, 2016
Name checkers over to you
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Lawcurrent(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2016
congratulations
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by BIGTinfotech: 9:46am On Apr 30, 2016
ICT...The way to The future.
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by casttlebarbz(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2016
i keep asking myself, what my talent is everyday...i just don't know
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by ichommy(m): 10:30am On Apr 30, 2016
Congratulations Guys
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 30, 2016
Congrats to them
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by cutiepie25(f): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Congrats to them, more grease to their elbows.
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Olufemi99(f): 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
irrespective of where we originates 4rm,we are all 1 nigeria.....congratulatn 2 nigeria.....
Re: Odukoya And Agbaire Win Linux Scholarships by Amoto94(m): 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
debris:
Igbos and Yorubas making Nigeria proud internationally since 1900BC cheesy
Ever heard of Jelani Aliyu? Go figure out where he's from and shut your mouth up. Talent is abound everywhere North, South, East and West.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can One Report Sexual Harassment From Lecturers? / Delsu 2012/2013 Admission List Is Out (check Yours Online Here) / Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.