Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,123 members, 7,887,248 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:16 AM

Soldiers Arrested Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Abuja, Read What They Replied - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Arrested Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Abuja, Read What They Replied (1811 Views)

Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen In Benue Turns Bloody (Graphic Photos) / BREAKING: Drama As Pro-buhari, Anti-govt Groups Clash In Abuja: READ! / Fayose Replied For Calling Buhari His “Grandfather” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Arrested Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Abuja, Read What They Replied by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:32am On Apr 30, 2016
The soldiers of the Guards Brigade of the Nigeria Army have arrested 92 armed Fulani herdsmen in Abuja. According to the Assistant Director, Army Public Relations of the Guards Brigade, Captain Bashir Jajira, 36 of the suspects were arrested by the troops at a military checkpoint between the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and Nasarawa State while 56 others who were also armed were arrested by the soldiers at a military checkpoint at Dantata, along the Abuja Airport Road.
Also See: See The Huge Amount Benue Farmers Are Demanding From Fulani Herdsmen
The suspected herdsmen claimed they were on a mission to recover their stolen cows. The Guard released a statement which read:
“A group of 36 herdsmen in Diana Truck and Toyota Camry car with registration number Abu Kuje 994 FX and Niger SUL 541 XA were intercepted and arrested at 177 Guards Battalion location by Keffi checkpoint.
“During the interrogation by troops at the checkpoint, they claimed to be going to Nasarawa Local Government in Nasarawa State.”
Capt. Bashir said the arrested herdsmen would be handed over to the police for prosecution.
Meanwhile, while speaking on a breakfast programme of Channels Television, Sunrise Daily, on Monday, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said that President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the deployment of military to all parts of the country currently witnessing bloody clashes between herdsmen and farmers,dis-bunking the claim that the president has been silent on the issue of the clashes.
Also See: CLEVER! Nigerian Woman Hides Cocaine In The Most Unlikely Place
Shehu recalls that the President had taken the issue before the National Council of State with a view to getting state governors’ inputs to the solutions. He added that the government was contemplating carving out of grazing reserves for cattle rearers.
Some Benue farmers of Tyoshin community in the Gwer-West Local Government Area of the state have sued six Fulani herdsmen for destroying their farms, demanding N100 billion.
Fulani herdsmen have had a standing history of attacking communities in the Gwer-West LGA since 2011. During the latest attacks, 17 communities were destroyed while unspecified number of houses, farms and stores of harvested crops were destroyed. 33 shallow graves of women and children killed in the attacks, were reportedly seen by pressmen during a tour of the affected communities organised by the Chairman of the Gwer-West LGA traditional council, Chef Daniel

http://buzznigeria.com/armed-fulani-herdsmen-arrested-abuja/
Re: Soldiers Arrested Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Abuja, Read What They Replied by chikel2000(m): 8:23am On Apr 30, 2016
Fulani herdsmen everywhere, End time is here upon us o. Dear Jesus I accept u today into my life, pls forgive me my sins n I hope to make paradise when ii eventually die. Amen
Re: Soldiers Arrested Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Abuja, Read What They Replied by Aromas: 8:25am On Apr 30, 2016
OP kindly add picture to ascertain dis news. Fulani's are lovely people Lai Muhammed grin
Re: Soldiers Arrested Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Abuja, Read What They Replied by johnmartus(m): 8:33am On Apr 30, 2016
100billion? only if fulani know the mean
Re: Soldiers Arrested Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Abuja, Read What They Replied by misreal(m): 8:52am On Apr 30, 2016
chikel2000:
Fulani herdsmen everywhere, End time is here upon us o. Dear Jesus I accept u today into my life, pls forgive me my sins n I hope to make paradise when ii eventually die. Amen
make me sef follow pray so i can be saved oh...lord jesus i accept you as my lord and savior....mehn i want go heaven when i die oh
Re: Soldiers Arrested Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Abuja, Read What They Replied by Roccoandrocco(m): 10:26am On Apr 30, 2016
Fulani herdsmen everywhere, I hate entering public cars with thse guys men.
Re: Soldiers Arrested Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Abuja, Read What They Replied by chriskosherbal(m): 10:28am On Apr 30, 2016
Well done guys

(1) (Reply)

Corruption Versus Integrity: What Is Your Say? (pic) / President Buhari Diagnosed Of Brain And Ear Cancer / PHOTOS: Aare Musulmi Of Yorubaland,alh. Dawud Makanjuola Akinola Visits Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.