Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,527 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili (31579 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Questions #bbnaija Voters - 11million Votes? / Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. / Buhari’s Economic Policies Not Working –MAN, NLC, TUC, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by pedestal82(m): 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
Reference:

Why can't you guys just get over the elections. Jonathan lost fair and square. The people felt it was time for him to go and it was done. I can't see how that choice fundamentally affects what is happening in the economy now.
I beg to disagree he lost FAIR and SQUARE, not with the campaign of culumny APC where engaged in not to talk of the LIES.
Secondly, that choice fundamentaly affects whats going on with the economy. And thats what ezekweseli has finaly seen and agrees with.
All i ask is they agree they made a wrong choice simple.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Ijobaorun(m): 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
I thought this woman was condemning Jonathan's administration in support of Buhari? why the sudden turn around?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by egobetatoday: 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
the scales are beginning to fall off their eyes grin
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by 989900: 8:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
NosaHenry:

[s]I hope you can not only read but also understand. She said go back to GEJ policies. What is not broken doesn't need fixing. [/s]
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by 989900: 8:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
yaki84:

[s]how many suggestions did buhari gave when he was sitting on the bench?[/s]
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by 989900: 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2016
LadyExcellency:

[s]You didn't look well. She said "if it isn't broken, don't try fixing it" meaning the Economic policies of past administration was actually working but needed to be backed with anti-corruption policy.[/s]
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by nortcentrallord(m): 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
989900:
I can't fault her criticisms, but I was looking for her alternative suggestions; can't find one.

Solution is not free. After all her zombeism act in the past, you guys not even give her any office. Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by chrisnero(m): 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2016
Godwin emefeile have succeeded in swiching the foriegn exchange to the banks, Now the for money gram is 18K per 250k is dat not corruption. Bank CEO are making it big
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by 989900: 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Solution is not free. After all her zombeism act in the past, you guys not even give her any office. Lol.

cheesy
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by 989900: 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
chrisnero:
Godwin emefeile have succeeded in swiching the foriegn exchange to the banks, Now the for money gram is 18K per 250k is dat not corruption. Bank CEO are making it big

That is corruption, that is the part I blame Buhari and Emefiele for not acting responsibly, the banks are gangr@p*ng everybody.

The CBN been promising to come up with new policies to rectify some anomalies on that front since January . . .
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
Her criticisms on the present administration reminds me of one novel..........Animal Farm; that book depicts exactly what is happening in this administration. They came with the message of freedom from corruption and change; then they promulgated the law, "All animals are equal, but some animals(fulani herdsmen) are more equal than others." Now, some animals are beginning to realise that they're only but slaves after having fought to regain their so called "freedom". So much for Napoleon's govt.

Madam, don't you get it??

"Two-legged animals bad, four-legged animals good."

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Gora12: 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
NaijaEfcc:
zombies will be like corruption is fighting back hahahahaha NOW SHE DON SAY SOMETHING AGAINST BUHARI, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU HEAR tomorrow THAT EFCC TALK SAY SHE STOLE 3 TRILLION DOLLARS AND OWNS BUCKINGHAM PALACE !!!
U wan kill person grin grin grin
It is true sha

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by dunkem21(m): 8:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
pedrilo:
u did wat? Now explain within 24 hours why disciplinary actions should not be taken against u for giving oby a form without approval knowing fully well dat such act amounts to insubordination, negligence and gross misconduct. Cc Chairman, Wailers Club of Nigeria. Lolz

Sorry sir .. She wailed, weeped and even gnashed teeth before one Chairman come pay express for her ..

The rush for the supplementary forms was overwhelming and the form was erroneously issued.

Find it in your hearts to forgive this great oversight on this noble institution .. and Temp Justice with Mercy embarassed

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Atk1nson(m): 8:57pm On Apr 30, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
cheesy this ugly thing don come again grin

Handsome guy like you, hope that is not your only achievement
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by pedrilo: 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2016
dunkem21:

Sorry sir .. She wailed, weeped and even gnashed teeth before one Chairman come pay express for her ..

The rush for the supplementary forms was overwhelming and the form was erroneously issued.

Find it in your hearts to forgive this great oversight on this noble institution .. and Temp Justice with Mercy embarassed
the executive council of Wailers Club of Nigeria have decided to forgive you on the condition that you retrieve our form from oby effective immediately. She remains a zombie though she's realised her mistakes.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by dafuturis(m): 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2016
Love Machine:
Why did buhari restricted forex?

To make sure you dont spend N1000 buying a plate of rice from Iya Basira instead of the normal N200.

To ignite industries and investors to tap into the raw materials in your backyard in place of the ones from abroad

To trigger your brains cells in discovering the importance of the vast arable lands that have been resting since the days of your fathers and how it can stop you from consuming expired Thai rice.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by olorunda68: 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2016
pedestal82:

I beg to disagree he lost FAIR and SQUARE, not with the campaign of culumny APC where engaged in not to talk of the LIES.
Secondly, that choice fundamentaly affects whats going on with the economy. And thats what ezekweseli has finaly seen and agrees with.
me think its those who voted GEJ in 2011 that should apologize for electing a government that wasted years of bountiful oil income through looting by his cronies and giving fake data of economic buoyancy but ideality they were borrowing to pay salaries according to iweala.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by olorunda68: 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
pedestal82:

me think its those who voted GEJ in 2011 that should apologize for making a wrong choice and electing a government that wasted years of bountiful oil income through looting by his cronies and giving fake data of economic buoyancy but in reality they were borrowing to pay salaries according to iweala.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Trustyd1(m): 9:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
onatisi:

Obj is presently writing his own demonic letters ,you will laugh tire when he makes it public . Nigerians will never learn and that is a major reason why they will keep on suffering
guy u'll do well as a prophet don't u think so?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by CyberWolf: 9:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
dunkem21:

Guilty conscience don kill me finish ..

I gave her the last wailing form before she exited NL ..

Sorry for not circulating the memo sad
Oby Ezekwesili is not the same Obiagelli of NL.. The real name of Obiagelli is Obiageli **** cool .. If you want her pictures, I will help you.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by piagetskinner(m): 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2016
Forget o...buhari is an authoritharian... .he doesn't listen to anyones advice
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by onatisi(m): 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2016
Trustyd1:
guy u'll do well as a prophet don't u think so?
Thanks bro
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by dunkem21(m): 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
pedrilo:
the executive council of Wailers Club of Nigeria have decided to forgive you on the condition that you retrieve our form from oby effective immediately. She remains a zombie though she's realised her mistakes.

See wahala .. Person wey don carry form run?

Abeg, make una help me beg this bros na embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by dunkem21(m): 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
CyberWolf:
Oby Ezekwesili is not ..

Pls edit this abeg .. angry
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by CyberWolf: 10:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
dunkem21:

Pls edit this abeg .. angry
That ediot told her boy friend mod to deal with me just for no reason.. I was banned for almost 4 months for no reason angry .. I promised her that I will deal with her, maybe that's why she quickly left NL sad .. See her bald hungry husband like wetin poverty use do morning ritual grin
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by dunkem21(m): 10:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
CyberWolf:
That ..

I don beg you something before

Obiagelli remains my best pal and anything wey you go do am, do it to me ..

You see say I still dey beg for Wailer form wey I gave her, you dey pour sand sand for garri ..

Cyber, delete that thing embarassed
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by omogin(f): 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
NaijaEfcc:
zombies will be like corruption is fighting back hahahahaha NOW SHE DON SAY SOMETHING AGAINST BUHARI, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU HEAR tomorrow THAT EFCC TALK SAY SHE STOLE 3 TRILLION DOLLARS AND OWNS BUCKINGHAM PALACE !!!
Efcc in its current state is the most stupd body in the world
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by CyberWolf: 12:00am On May 01, 2016
dunkem21:

I don beg you something before

Obiagelli remains my best pal and anything wey you go do am, do it to me ..

You see say I still dey beg for Wailer form wey I gave her, you dey pour sand sand for garri ..

Cyber, delete that thing embarassed

Well, you na my man. I will do as you said!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by Amitex(m): 4:46am On May 01, 2016
Onu kurunjo ge ku nma! If person no marry two wives, e no go know the one wey better pass!
Enjoy your change while it lasts!!! grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by azaino: 5:48am On May 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

^^^ But some despicable zombies said there's no more corruption grin meanwhile the corrupt practices being perpetrated now is the worst ever.

By the way, Why is she squalling??... Wasn't she among those who said the dullard is the best thing to happen to this country??... Now she knows she has been scammed.

P.S: I appeal to all wailers chairmen nationwide not to sell the 'wailers' form' to her. She remains a zombie.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha, Truths are coming to light. thank God this is coming from oby herself

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by azaino: 6:17am On May 01, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
President Muhammadu Buhari’s current economic policies bear a stark resemblance of those he promulgated during the military regime he led in the 1980s, a former Minister of Education and social critic, Oby Ezekwesili, has said.
Mrs. Ezekwesili said Mr. Buhari’s “archaic” and “opaque” economic principles are not only encouraging massive corruption and abuse of power, but also hurting the poor they was intended to help.
Mrs. Ezekwesili said this at The Platform, a yearly public policy forum that is currently underway in Abuja.
“During the first coming of this our new president, a command and control economic system was adopted.
“During that era, inflation spiralled. During that era, jobs were lost. During that era, the economic growth level dipped,” Mrs. Ezekwesili said. “That era wasn’t the best of eras in economic progress.”
“What did not work in 1984 cannot possibly be a solution in a global economy that’s much more integrated.”
Mrs. Ezekwesili said Mr. Buhari was rehashing the same “command and control” approach towards economic issues which has left the country’s economic indices worse off since he assumed office almost year ago.
“In over one year, the president is still holding to the premise that command and control is the only way out,” Mrs. Ezekwesili said. “In a year we have lost the single digits inflation status we maintained in past administrations.”
Foramfera
Mrs. Ezekwesili said Mr. Buhari’s distortion of foreign exchange system has left the poor it was intended to support even worse off.
“The president comes into this economic philosophy on the premise that he does not want the poor to suffer. I can relate to that, a leader must, especially a leader who knows that most of his votes came not from the elite but from the poor.”
“The problem though is that the intention and the outcome are diverged.
“The weakest and the most vulnerable suffer the impact of inflation the most. Enormous power is being abused as a result of opaque economic policies.
“Companies are suddenly finding themselves unable to produce because they’re unable to access foreign exchange,” Mrs. Ezekwesili said.
Mrs. Ezekwesili, therefore, urged Mr. Buhari to sit down with his administration officials and reconsider the impact his polices have had on the nation’s economy, quoting an American parlance that says if something is not broken there’s no need fixing it”.
“Mr. President should sit with his team and look at the economic evidence that speaks loudly. It’s time to sit back and review the well-intended idea of command and control economic principle.
“He should do what the Americans say that if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it,” Mrs. Ezekwesili said.

Source:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/202672-buharis-economic-policies-opaque-archaic-ezekwesili.html

One thing with this govt is that some important information are not allowed to get to the President by his aide, the President believes only what they tell him and want him to know. unlike gej who will access the internet himself
Re: Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili by azaino: 6:30am On May 01, 2016
dafuturis:

To make sure you dont spend N1000 buying a plate of rice from Iya Basira instead of the normal N200.

To ignite industries and investors to tap into the raw materials in your backyard in place of the ones from abroad

To trigger your brains cells in discovering the importance of the vast arable lands that have been resting since the days of your fathers and how it can stop you from consuming expired Thai rice.

wonderful response but let me ask you, how many rice farm does he has, how much does he spend on his own food, how many companies or industries has he established from 1985 to date. #talkischeap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ayade Dances In An Open-Top Ranger Rover To Celebrate His Court Victory. PICS / Femi Falana: Too Many Injustices Under Buhari’s Government / Running Mates: Tinubu’s Camp Narrows Down On Shettima, Atiku On Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.