Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,966 members, 7,919,090 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 09:29 PM

The Real Reason Why U Have Pimples/acne...and Solutions - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Real Reason Why U Have Pimples/acne...and Solutions (747 Views)

7 Wrong Things Nigerians Say About Acnes And Pimples / Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) / Please Help Am Suffering From Severe Pimples/acne PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Reason Why U Have Pimples/acne...and Solutions by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
Acne is the most common dermatological conditions found in young adults.A small percentage of women suffer 4rm acne in their 40's nd 50's.But guys tend to suffer 4rm acne more because of high testosterone levels present in male hormones.

What are the causes of acne?
1.High androgen levels:when humans reach adolescence there is a rise in a type of hormone called androgen.This causes an enlargement of the oil glands beneath our skin leading to the breakdown of cellular walls of our pores and heightening the chances of bacteria growing in them.At this point,pimple pops out.
Steroid which body builders take 4 performance enhancement have potential for increasing androgen level and causing breakout in susceptible pple.
2.Genetics:studies have shown that a susceptibility to acne can be hereditary among certain individuals whose parents have suffered 4rm acne in their teen.

3.Anxiety and stress:our bodies produce hormones like cortisol and adrenaline when we are stressed out and smhow cells that produce sebum have receptors for these hormones.This stress hormones also cause physical signs of anxiety which includes picking pimples.In as much as we cnt avoid stress completely u should be able to minimise it.A study proved this wen it was discovered dat students who are susceptible to acne usually have flare ups during examinations.This is largely due to d stress involved while preparing for examinations.

4.Hormonal changes in women:a hormone called progesterone is produced in d second half of a womans menstrual cycle stimulating the production of excess sebum which might eventually lead to a breakout.This is called menstrual acne and it occures most times in pregnant women.Wen this happens,visit a dermatologist

5.Oil based products:oil based cosmetics and creams could clog ur pores leading to a breakout.When shopping for cosmetics buy noncomogenic ones and if u have been using creams and u hv pimples try switching to lotions since they contain less oil.

6.Diary products and high glycaemic index foods:whole milk and high G.I index foods lyk noodles and other refined carbohydrates can cause acne. Studies have proved this and its suggested that pple replace certain calorie sources like noodles with fruits and vegetables.This does not only prevent acne but have other amazing benefits.

7.Squeezing pimples: squeezing pimples is really bad for anyone and could lead to scarring (ur acne gets worse)

....feel free to add urs and pm me if u want me to write articles lyk dis 4 u

Like the post
Share,there is love in sharing...#

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why U Have Pimples/acne...and Solutions by lodscott(m): 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2016
ok, are the solutions in another thread? cuz I don't see any here
Re: The Real Reason Why U Have Pimples/acne...and Solutions by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
lodscott:
ok, are the solutions in another thread? cuz I don't see any here
am coming to post it but 1st i need 10 likes only
Re: The Real Reason Why U Have Pimples/acne...and Solutions by igraman(m): 11:40am On May 01, 2016
beep me when you're done cooking d solutions.
Re: The Real Reason Why U Have Pimples/acne...and Solutions by Nobody: 2:25am On May 02, 2016
igraman:
beep me when you're done cooking d solutions.
*ignores him*

(1) (Reply)

My Horrible Experience With A Malaria Drug / What Are The Causes And Solutions To 4-5min love-making? / Health Benefits Of Red Wine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.