Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,948 members, 7,922,340 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:20 AM

2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan (1327 Views)

I Was Persuaded To Buy Items Looted From Jonathan's House - Trader / Fani-Kayode Reveals Three ‘Evil Geniuses’ Who Made Jonathan Lose 2015 Election / Alleged N2bn Bribe: Saraki Begs Judge To Deliver Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan by masterpiece86: 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2016
The Transition Monitoring Group (TMG) has alleged that agents from the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan offered them a N2 billion bribe, in the heat of the 2015 general election, to get them to compromise the outcome of the poll.
The coalition made up of about 400 civil society organizations said the inducement was to get them to to take into their fold, about 50,000 agents of the PDP to be fielded as TMG observers.
The group in a statement on Friday signed by its chairman, Comrade Ibrahim Zikirullahi, said the “dubious proposal”, was rejected “with the realization that a good name is better than silver and gold.
The statement read in part, ”Specifically, some errand boys from the Presidency at the time came to us with a dubious proposal that 50,000 agents of the PDP be fielded as TMG observers.

“In financial terms, the errand boys expressed the Presidency’s readiness to fund the fraud with the sum of N2 billion Naira. We stoutly rejected the Greek gift,”
He also said that the TMG has now been “vindicated by the latest revelations from the EFCC about how some INEC chiefs and election monitors shared from N23.3 billion slush provided by former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Allison Madueke.”
He further explained, that “The participants in this grand scale bazaar had only one objective: to subvert the electoral process, undermine the votes of the Nigerian people and rig in their paymaster.
“It is utterly shocking that people entrusted with the sacred and heavy responsibility of superintending the electoral process would descend so low to stake the credibility of a critical democratic institution on the altar of quick enrichment.
“In any case, the TMG had always known that the day of reckoning would come for all those who sought to exchange the sacred position they occupy for a mess of pottage.
“The bigger tragedy is the case of so-called civil society organizations which threw the very basis of their credibility as election observers to the dogs.

https://ripples.com.ng/2015-election-tmg-says/
Re: 2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan by DaBullIT(m): 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
I have always said the phone call was not just a sign of admitting defeat

It also shows this guy has collected his oga as his boss , after all the money and military power , he still lost by 3M+ votes

No Juju man can restore 3M votes

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan by ezivision: 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
Why didnt TMG say it then, hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan by youngeagle(m): 10:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
You guys can manufacture all kinds of lies as you can,nothing can tarnish GEJ's image,his words and actions never contradicted what he stands for which is giving Nigeria a free and fair election and also making sure no Nigeria dies fighting for him during election,the lies of sniper and $45b I'm yet to see any evidence and yet they won't back down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan by Jirate(m): 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
ezivision:
Why didnt TMG say it then, hmmmm

Don’t mind the bunch of Idiots, why are they telling us now?
In fact, I remember now how I was offered "10 billion" and I rejected it saying I must vote my conscience……
wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan by Nbote(m): 11:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
So how exactly would a "Monitoring Group" have influenced or rather manipulated the election results dat dey decided to offer you billions or because ppl decided to ignore the large scale underage voting and malpractices in the north? D sooner these mofos realise election is over and dey need to now face d new ppl in power, d beta for us all.
Re: 2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan by dunkem21(m): 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
I think say campaign don finish
Re: 2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan by iflywithbuhari(f): 11:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
Keep on lying, as Jonathan keeps on Smiling

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan by 1Tkester: 11:48pm On Apr 30, 2016
I even received #10million from GEJ to buy toilet tissue for 2015 elections.
Re: 2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan by Eboski(m): 4:56am On May 01, 2016
I even received 2billions naira to buy Aso Rock from Gej. You people didn't come out to say it then, keep beefing and Gej keep smiling.
Re: 2015 Election: TMG Says It Rejected N2bn Bribe From Jonathan by Nobody: 5:13am On May 01, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Keep on lying, as Jonathan keeps on Smiling
Not a day goes by that we don't give thanks for kicking out the INEFFECTUAL BUFFOON

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Economic Woes: Why Buhari Was overthrown in 1985: A Comparative Analysis / My Condolence To Stephen Keshi Family And The Team- Adesegun Ademusiwa / President Buhari: Appoints Chiedu Ugbo Ag MD Niger Delta Power Holding Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.