Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,794 members, 7,945,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 06:30 PM

Are You Really Proud Of Being Northerner? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Really Proud Of Being Northerner? (812 Views)

Must The Next President Be A Northerner? / 7 Moments That Will Make You Proud Of Being Nigerian / Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Really Proud Of Being Northerner? by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 01, 2016
1.Boko haram=north
2.Fulani herdsmen=north
3.Religious crisis=north
4.Illiteracy=north
5.Poverty=north
6.Non productive region=north
7.Ritualism=north
8.Most illitrate president=north

it's time for the middle belt to stand aside from the north.
Re: Are You Really Proud Of Being Northerner? by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 1:08pm On May 01, 2016
Despicable ......... to say the least angry
Re: Are You Really Proud Of Being Northerner? by Huasamafia1: 1:10pm On May 01, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
Despicable ......... to say the least angry
#bringbackourhausakings..... As long as the visitors foolanis are in power we will not develop
Re: Are You Really Proud Of Being Northerner? by DesChyko: 1:12pm On May 01, 2016
Well, for one condemning illiteracy, you didn't spell it correctly. Meanwhile, there are certain reasons one would be proud of, being from the North. During my NYSC, I made amazing friends from Benue, Kogi, Niger and Plateau States. Moreover, it's not all of them that are responsible for those vices you listed.
Re: Are You Really Proud Of Being Northerner? by Junior66(m): 1:20pm On May 01, 2016
DesChyko:
Well, for one condemning illiteracy, you didn't spell it correctly. Meanwhile, there are certain reasons one would be proud of, being from the North. During my NYSC, I made amazing friends from Benue, Kogi, Niger and Plateau States. Moreover, it's not all of them that are responsible for those vices you listed.
The people from de states u mentioned will hardly agree dat.they are northerners. We generally call ourselves middlebeltans. I am from Kogi by the way.
Re: Are You Really Proud Of Being Northerner? by ezebunafo(m): 3:36pm On May 01, 2016
Stupid post,i bet if you will say the same if you are from the north,e mi o le fi owo osi juwe ile baba mi
Re: Are You Really Proud Of Being Northerner? by isbish(m): 4:41pm On May 01, 2016
I am also from Kogi and don't generalize with the 'we' analysis. Just say you. I feel more inclined with the North, hence I am a Northerner. All those things the OP mentioned are our problem in the North. Its a fact. However, the mentality of an average southerner especially the South East and SS towards northerners is always skewed and myopic. A lot of them haven't crossed river Niger for once, hence they can remain there and read about those things the OP wrote and conclude 'they are all terrorists'. Believe you me, most of the southerners especially Igbos come up North here and establish their business and never want to go back to their land. Am a Northerner OP, would I be more proud to be a Southerner? NO! Why? Cos if you aren't proud of where you come from, I guess you are as good as an emty shell. Yes am proud to be a Northerner and may God guide those evil doers to the right path but for those that won't change for Good, May God do to them what he deems fit. #Proudlyanortherner.

Junior66:

The people from de states u mentioned will hardly agree dat.they are northerners. We generally call ourselves middlebeltans. I am from Kogi by the way.

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Time For A NEW PARTY To Emerge / Full Details Why Nigerian Economy Collapsed Under Buhari: Only The Truth Shall S / Nepa Hasn't Brought Bill To My House Since March. What About Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.