Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,533 members, 7,944,571 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 07:12 PM

Favorite Commercials - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Favorite Commercials (16987 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. / Nigerian Commercials (TV Adverts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favorite Commercials by mekoyo(m): 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2007
Bank PHB, the one about the basket ball player.

A nice commercial i tell you.
Re: Favorite Commercials by showbobo(m): 10:40pm On Feb 03, 2007
have u guys seen the latest nokia advertsthey are off the hook.i love them
Re: Favorite Commercials by layi(m): 11:46pm On Feb 05, 2007
MTN latest advert is it. The one bout the guy who's too busy for his heart wink I love it so much maybe because the guy was taiwo (my close buddy).
Re: Favorite Commercials by tijehi(f): 11:21am On Feb 08, 2007
I love The New Guiness advert, I love the guys voice as he talked about his friend, udeme, u could hear the love and pride in his voice.I also love the NewFCMB advert (Succeed with the Calabar Song by FADABASI ), i love the fashion designers part very much.I also love bank phb Cars will run on water someday. And also the Cussons advert with little kids , all of them cousins (they all looked so adorable), scratching their bumbum cus it was itching them.
Re: Favorite Commercials by magneto(m): 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2007
it has to be FCMB, "abasi mi ayaya o, ayayaaaaa, bla bla bla bla" kiss

and no one has mentioned the new Glo advert featuring Mode9. "this is my world! (i rule!!)"
where he goes like, "i walk around wit a smile on my face/ and i run things, at my own pace/. . ." someone finish it for me. the beat on it was BANGING!!

about the PDP/D'banj collabo? hmmmmm. . . still tryna make up my mind. very tempting i must say! tongue
Re: Favorite Commercials by esto(f): 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2007
have u guys seen the new where a girl was sitting outside with another guy reading,and there where this guys making alot of noise outhere,nd she shut them up by turning her hand,like a radio nub,did the same for some guys carrying a loud playing radio.i think its cool.what do u think?
Re: Favorite Commercials by kamsi(f): 12:46am On Feb 09, 2007
A good advert should not only market a product or service.i t should evoke a sense of pride.thats what the "Greatness in every man" ad by Guinness is all about. Then again why should they say there is a drop of greatness in every man. What about women? or are they prejudiced against us. After all Guinness stout rank tops as the favorite beer of Nigerian women. Guinness correct that wrong
Re: Favorite Commercials by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:34am On Feb 09, 2007
T Mobile's Favorite Fives commercial with the two roommates and the "secret lovers" song
Re: Favorite Commercials by twinstaiye(m): 10:49am On Feb 09, 2007
What about Skye Bank Advert? I just love the song. check the lyrics.
I wish I had a friend
helping me grow in everyway
Saying Yes to my needs
I wish that I knew it feels
like to be free
Oh, to smile everyday of my life
and I wish I can go far in life without stress
Skye Bank always there
saying yes to your needs.

4 Likes

Re: Favorite Commercials by noelaking(f): 3:12pm On Feb 09, 2007
I love the bank phb adverts, i find the new one about the basket ball player a bit sureal but the one about the authomatic car that spoke to his boss , now thats brilliant.
Re: Favorite Commercials by uzygirl(f): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2007
I used to enjoy those MTN adverts, esp' the one about the guy who disturbs this babe for her number, then trickishly leaving his phone behind, the one with a guy offering his girl the sunset ending with "oh Jerry" and of course the one of the father and his daughter, that comes tops for me!
Re: Favorite Commercials by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2007
Bank PHB, the one about the basket ball player.

what is this one about?
Re: Favorite Commercials by TerraCotta(m): 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

T Mobile's Favorite Fives commercial with the two roommates and the "secret lovers" song

Indeed.

I thought this was the year's best Super Bowl commercial, for those who didn't see it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHkoZ7ngAM0
Re: Favorite Commercials by 50kobo: 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2007
Re: Favorite Commercials by bioye(m): 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2007
Everyone of Bank PHB's adverts is simply awesome.  Going back memory lane, I really loved the "Thermocool makes things better, makes better things" advert.  Can anyone remember that advert?  It used to show on NTA during the 8pm soap opera breaks in the 80's.

twinstaiye:

What about Skye Bank Advert? I just love the song.

I think that advert is crap.  They turned a beautiful song into a mess - it shows they don't even understand the basics of music.

I am also yet to see a single good glo advert.  All the ones I've seen are just mediocre.
Re: Favorite Commercials by Mustay(m): 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2007
the mimmee noodles a is great. the song is catchy-BOOM CHA CHA!
Re: Favorite Commercials by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2007
They show "noodle" commercials in Maryland?
Re: Favorite Commercials by Mustay(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2007
Mimee noodles ad was launched this month in nigeria. Or d you 've it 'ere
Re: Favorite Commercials by Mustay(m): 1:20am On Mar 20, 2007
kamsi:

A good advert should not only market a product or service.i t should evoke a sense of pride.thats what the "Greatness in every man" ad by Guinness is all about. Then again why should they say there is a drop of greatness in every man. What about women? or are they prejudiced against us. After all Guinness stout rank tops as the favorite beer of Nigerian women. Guinness correct that wrong

, shit!
Re: Favorite Commercials by 3pledee(f): 11:21am On Mar 20, 2007
i love the FCMB advert, bank phb advert (one day cars will drive themselves),"mumi daddy is shaking" one advert shan george did, baba blue (court),the new pears advert wit little kids, MTN-"step out to the balcony, Oh Jerry"

that is what i can remember nw. but i bet there's still more

before i forget, mortein advert
and for old school, i liked d planta butter advert.
Re: Favorite Commercials by busygirl(f): 6:17am On Mar 21, 2007
MTN's sunshine advert, Jerry nd his girlfriend. nice nd luvly
Re: Favorite Commercials by Mustay(m): 7:30am On Mar 21, 2007
they r old and expiring!
Re: Favorite Commercials by naijaq: 12:51pm On Apr 10, 2007
To be candid, the best 2 commercials in the last 5 months are MTN Baby making her first step and Mimee instant noodle Boom sha sha on television.
The reason is simple- a good advert must provoke emotion, elicit desire for the product and be executed in a convicning manner that is differentiating
Re: Favorite Commercials by mukina2: 1:02pm On Apr 10, 2007
i love the President cheese advert on RTS senegalese channel .that lil girl in it got me trippin kiss
love the Halib milk advert
Africell's world cup ad .i love the song in it kiss
vitalait ad .
and UBA's ad on super sport cheesy
snicker ad on Art
pepsi and chevrolet ad on Aljazeera cheesy
Re: Favorite Commercials by Mustay(m): 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2007
I love Jimi Agbaje's ad.grin
Re: Favorite Commercials by djcrooky(m): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2007
for me its
mimi noodle
Re: Favorite Commercials by Mustay(m): 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2007
Oceanic public offer's ad too is funny
Re: Favorite Commercials by modele2: 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2008
The omo advert where the little boy learn't to tie his shoe laces brings me to tears every single time
Re: Favorite Commercials by minute(f): 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2008
lots of them
the new verizon commercial
UPS
GEICO
comcast--i saw that this morning and i laughed till i got to my place ofwork
all state insurance.
EASTERN automotive.
H&R block,thats funny too.
Re: Favorite Commercials by Cassiel(f): 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2008
-Baba Blue (naming ceremony)

''and our pikin name as 'im papa write am na- honey.alligator pepper''

Cracked me way up grin grin grin grin grin

-Indomie noodles( to me,to you,its up to us to make the world a better place). Love the song.

-AFCON '08 (of course) kiss
Re: Favorite Commercials by Dreloaded(f): 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2008
Oh look. My old thread is back :p

I like the new creepy Doritos commercials. They're insane  grin
Re: Favorite Commercials by almondjoy(f): 9:04am On Apr 05, 2008
It has got to be[b] Coca cola![/b] Any day! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1NnyE6DDnQ

grin grin grin

Or recently Sobe Life Water commercial with all the geicko geckos dancing Michael Jackson's "Thriller" in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy0wRyBDmSk

I love it! grin he he he he he he he grin grin grin grin grin

Or the Mineral Water commercial one with 50 cents in it! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59A0Y7DSD4

Hilarious! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBNaija: Miracle Wins The N200,000 Wager / BBNaija: 24 Housemates Face Possible Eviction / 2017 Most Viewed YouTube Videos, Music Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.